Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Chad Ford: Multiple teams looking to trade out of lottery for proven players

For any users experiencing the spam redirects on mobile, the issue is now resolved. This was caused by hackers injecting spam links into a hidden file on one of our servers. They were only targeting mobile users. We've found the source of the issue and have closed off the exploit. All users should no longer see any spam popups moving forward. We have had to lock down a lot of our server permissions, so please let us know if you experience any errors moving forward. Given the level of access the hackers were able to gain, we strongly recommend changing passwords. We encrypt all passwords stored in the database, and the hackers were not able to reach that far, but it is better to be cautious in these situations. We are very sorry for the issue. Content-team
    Chad Ford: Multiple teams looking to trade out of lottery for proven players

Remember a year ago when teams were guarding lottery picks this year like they were gold bullion? It was next to impossible to get one in a trade.

Now? Not so hard, if youíre willing to give up a little. That according to Chad Ford of ESPN .

ďI thought getting a lottery pick via trade would be virtually impossible this year,Ē one NBA GM told ESPN. ďItís not. There are a lot of teams in the lottery right now that would prefer a proven player. A lot of owners have lost their patience with the rebuilding process.Ē

The teams open to trading their lottery picks? Itís highly likely that the Milwaukee Bucks, Philadelphia 76ers, Orlando Magic and Utah Jazz are all holding onto their picks. After pick No. 5, however, things are much more fluid. Sources say the Boston Celtics, Los Angeles Lakers, Sacramento Kings, Charlotte Hornets, Timberwolves and Phoenix Suns are all open to offers.

A year ago this draft was thought to be transcendent by many, and it may be that one or two of the top three guys turns out to be a franchise anchor ó but the teams that can get those guys are not the ones moving their pick.

Itís the teams that would give you what would be essentially a rookie rotation player at the price of a veteran rotation player they can trust and would help now who are willing to move their picks. Particularly teams like the Lakers and Celtics, teams with the revenue stream and markets to rebuild through free agency rather than the draft so they can consider a move (the Lakers would have to draft the player for a team then trade said player, they cannot trade the pick it self as they didnít have their 2013 and donít have their 2015 picks).

All of this is to say, draft night could be interesting. If a team falls in love with Julius Randle or Elfrid Payton or Noah Vonleh you can trade up and get them ó but itís going to cost you someone good. And that can seem a steep price to pay.
    http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...e-right-price/
    This thread right here is why i stay out of the nba main forum on psd lol
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...am-for-melo:D;)

vCash
    I would say that's a pretty accurate assessment though. I really like smart at 5, but after that, it really is sort of a crapshoot. There's ppl who like vonleh or Randle, but to me, neither is a sure stud. Randle has a decent floor, so he's not a huge risk, but once you get to the 10 or so pick in the draft, it really turns mediocre. It's a deep draft in the sense that pick 10-20 are all kind of the same, but I really don't see much great talent there.

vCash
    i agree i just think it may be easier to trade back into the 1st than I had thought at first after seeing this!
    This thread right here is why i stay out of the nba main forum on psd lol
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...am-for-melo:D;)

vCash
    Lets say we trade back into the 12-15 range, who do you like at that point, and who would you give up to move to get there?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    Lets say we trade back into the 12-15 range, who do you like at that point, and who would you give up to move to get there?

I wouldn't necessarily mind moving up for LaVine, Payton or Ennis. I would give up Ersan, OJ, Zaza, Wolters (if we got Payton/Ennis),Delfino and POSSIBLY Middleton in the right deal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ_56 View Post
    I wouldn't necessarily mind moving up for LaVine, Payton or Ennis. I would give up Ersan, OJ, Zaza, Wolters (if we got Payton/Ennis),Delfino and POSSIBLY Middleton in the right deal.
    I second this suggestion.

vCash
    Don't have much to move up in the early teens other then Henson or Knight. Ersan probably get you a pick in the 20's If Sanders from two years ago was here this last season he could fetch us a high pick. But right now teams wanna low ball us for him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ_56 View Post
    I think I like Payton as well. Problem is those guys you suggested aren't getting you high enough to take those guys. They are a all contracts that essentially have little trade value. I would think it'd be a Henson, Middleton type of deal to move back in.

vCash
    i would trade henson for any mid range 1st rounder with no hesitation and would grab Elfrid payton with no hesitation as long as we pick parker. i think payton is gonna be a stud. could prob trade knight too than as i dont think he'll get any better than hes shown. otherwise id grab pj hairston