Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Thumbs down Melo not named to All-NBA teams

June, 4, 2014

By Ian Begley

Carmelo Anthony had one of the best statistical seasons of his career. But it wasn’t good enough to be named to any of the three All-NBA teams.

The NBA announced its All-NBA teams on Wednesday and Anthony was left off of all three teams.

The All-NBA Teams were chosen by a panel of 125 sportswriters and broadcasters throughout the United States and Canada.

The six forwards voted ahead of Anthony all had fantastic seasons.

LeBron James and Kevin Durant were the first-team forwards. Kevin Love and Blake Griffin were the second-team forwards and LaMarcus Aldridge and Paul George were the third-team forwards.

Anthony received 86 votes (one first team). That total was 73 votes fewer than Aldridge’s total, which was the lowest among forwards. He averaged 27.4 points and a career-high 8.1 rebounds. And, he's the first player to average as many as 27 points and eight rebounds in a season since Shaquille O’Neal did it in 2002-03.

Anthony may have been penalized for the Knicks' struggles. New York won just 37 games and failed to make the playoffs for the first time in four seasons. Anthony missed the playoffs for the first time in his 11-year NBA career.

Question: Do you think Anthony was snubbed? Which forward would you have voted him ahead of?

First player 27 points and eight rebounds , Diesel last did it 2003.

should beena closer fight for Mr. Gameflys spot or AJ at the least IMO

I guess bending over and lick are n**s doggy style as a team sunk his status

Hey maybe this motivates him go bananas next year. After he opts back in
    Last edited by Jesse2272; 06-04-2014 at 08:02 PM.

vCash
    I would have had him on the 2nd squad to replace either Blake or love I don't care cause I don't like either of them.

And then if they were going by standings then shouldn't Paul g atleast be on the 2nd team along with LA.

And k loves team dunked it up as well this season and melo had a better statistical season then him anyways.

People just love to hate on the knicks.

vCash
    ^ hahaha your argument "I don't care cause I don't like either of them". No melo doesn't deserve it over any of these guys.

vCash
    What were KLove's stats this year? I was ok with this until I found out he made the squad.

EDIT: 26.1, 12.5, 4.4
    Definitely worthy of making the 2nd team and definitely better than Melo's numbers.
    Last edited by colinskik; 06-04-2014 at 09:03 PM.

vCash
    I'm surprised how true they stayed to the center position. I thought they would sub-out some of the centers with deserving forwards.

Anyway, the list is correct. Melo was not better than Durant, James, Griffin, Love, George, or Aldridge this year.

#KNICKS TAPED PLAYOFFS 2013

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by THE MTL View Post
    I'm surprised how true they stayed to the center position. I thought they would sub-out some of the centers with deserving forwards.

Anyway, the list is correct. Melo was not better than Durant, James, Griffin, Love, George, or Aldridge this year.
    This !

vCash
    LMA is the only debatable one... 23ppg on 21 shots per game is pretty pathetic... a "big man" that shoots 45% and doesn't shoot 3's is also pathetic... but his team won.

vCash
    Snubbed. He should have made a team. He had a better season then Paul "overrated" george

CARMELOOOOOOO ANTHONYYYYYY!!!

vCash
    I have no problem with Melo not making an All-NBA team. Melo had a great individual season but I don't have sympathy for him not getting any accolades given how the team performed this season.

JETS KNICKS YANKEES

vCash
    Lol

#TapeTwoOne....Oh Gawd

vCash
    Good, he did not deserve it.
    Future Ace

vCash
    Why does Kevin love deserve it and not Melo?

#TapeTwoOne....Oh Gawd

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by meloman1592:28588336
    Why does Kevin love deserve it and not Melo?
    I get that team success is a factor, but Melo is still better than Raw George, too. Not that I care or hope for melo to win arbitrary individual accolades.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kashmir13579 View Post
    I get that team success is a factor, but Melo is still better than Raw George, too. Not that I care or hope for melo to win arbitrary individual accolades.
    Not when you factor in defense.