Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

2014 Prospect evaluations

Hi I would like to consentrate for information for prospects in 1 place. It seems like when you google scouting for these guys they only want to give scouting reports for the top 10 players. I would like to maybe take a look at the top 60 Prospects accoring to ISS. Anyone with a good scouting report on one of these guys is free to post it.

Here is the top 30. Lets see if we can figue out the rest.

Rank Player Pos Ht. Wt. S/C DoB Team League
    1. SAM REINHART C 6'1 186 R 11/6/95 Kootenay WHL
    2. AARON EKBLAD D 6'4 216 R 2/7/96 Barrie OHL
    3. MICHAEL DAL COLLE F 6'2 184 L 6/20/96 Oshawa OHL
    4. SAM BENNETT LW 6'0 178 L 6/20/96 Kingston OHL
    5. WILLIE NYLANDER C 5'11 169 R 5/1/95 Rogle SweAI
    6. LEON DRAISAITL C 6'1 199 L 10/27/95 Prince Albert WHL
    7. JAKE VIRTANEN LW 6'1 213 R 8/17/96 Calgary WHL
    8. ROBBY FABBRI F 5'10 166 L 1/22/96 Guelph OHL
    9. BRENDAN PERLINI LW 6'2 205 L 4/27/96 Niagara OHL
    10. NICK RITCHIE F 6'2 218 L 12/5/95 Peterborough OHL
    11. NIKOLAJ EHLERS F 5'11 162 L 2/13/96 Halifax QMJHL
    12. HAYDN FLEURY D 6'3 207 L 7/8/96 Red Deer WHL
    13. KASPERI KAPANEN RW 5'11 172 R 7/23/96 Kuopio FinE
    14. ALEX TUCH RW 6'3 213 R 5/10/96 USA Under-18 NTDP
    15. DYLAN LARKIN LW 6'1 190 L 7/30/96 USA Under-18 NTDP
    16. SONNY MILANO LW 5'11 183 L 5/12/96 USA Under-18 NTDP
    17. JARED MCCANN C 6'0 179 L 5/31/96 S.S. Marie OHL
    18. JOSH HO-SANG RW 5'11 160 R 1/22/96 Windsor OHL
    19. IVAN BARBASHEV F 6'0 181 L 12/14/95 Moncton QMJHL
    20. KEVIN FIALA LW 5'10 180 L 7/22/96 HV71 SweJE
    21. JAKUB VRANA RW 6'0 187 L 2/28/96 Linkoping SweE
    22. ADRIAN KEMPE C 6'2 187 L 9/13/96 Modo SweJE
    23. ROLAND MCKEOWN D 6'1 192 R 1/20/96 Kingston OHL
    24. NICK SCHMALTZ RW 5'11 172 R 2/23/96 Green Bay USHL
    25. RYAN MACINNIS LW 6'3 185 L 2/14/96 Kitchener OHL
    26. CONNER BLEACKLEY C/RW 6'0 196 R 10/7/95 Red Deer WHL http://www.inlouwetrust.com/2014/5/2...ospect-profile.

27. NIKITA SCHERBAK LW 6'1 175 L 12/30/95 Saskatoon WHL http://www.mynhldraft.com/2014/NHL-D...ikita-Scherbak

28. NIKOLAY GOLDOBIN RW 5'11 178 L 10/7/95 Sarnia OHL http://www.inlouwetrust.com/2014/6/4...ospect-profile

29. VLADISLAV KAMENEV C 6'0 185 L 8/12/96 Magnitogorsk RusJr http://www.inlouwetrust.com/2014/5/1...ospect-profile

30. TRAVIS SANHEIM D 6'3 181 L 3/29/96 Calgary WHL http://www.mynhldraft.com/2014/NHL-D...Travis-Sanheim

31.-41 Brendan Lemieux LW 6'0" 206 L http://thehockeyguys.net/brendan-lem...-barrie-colts/
    Last edited by Youarewrong; 06-05-2014 at 02:34 PM.
    "Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly upon our own point of view.", "The circle is now complete. When I left you I was but the learner, now I am the master.", "I find your lack of faith disturbing.", "I can feel your anger... it gives you focus, it makes you stronger!"

vCash
    22. ADRIAN KEMPE C 6'2 187 L 9/13/96 Modo SweJE
    didn't we draft a kempe a few years ago?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by steagles View Post
    didn't we draft a kempe a few years ago?
    Yes. Older brother. Different players. Guy we drafted is more of the small, fast variety. His younger brother Adrian is more of a power kid with some grit to his game. Nice player.

vCash
    Julius Honka not being in the top 30 is a minor tragedy. He is one of my favorite players in tue draft this year. Of the Gostisbehere mold. On the small side but a great skater and can really finish and lead a rush. He is also RH which is big for the Flyers.

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyeaglesman View Post
    Julius Honka not being in the top 30 is a minor tragedy. He is one of my favorite players in tue draft this year. Of the Gostisbehere mold. On the small side but a great skater and can really finish and lead a rush. He is also RH which is big for the Flyers.
    Melzter just posted about him yesterday.

Didn't think he was an option in the first. He's way too small and they don't seem to be looking that way on defense at the top.
    #WhyNot?

People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

vCash
    Travis Sanheim

One of the biggest late-risers in the 2014 NHL Draft class is Calgary Hitmen (WHL) defenseman Travis Sanheim. Although he doesn't get much notice among those who rely primarily on Central Scouting's ratings to determine the top prospects in each year's Draft class, the 53rd-ranked North American skater is very much on the radar screen of NHL teams to the point that it would not be much of a surprise -- or a reach by the team that selects him -- if he is taken in the first round of this year's Draft. Even in the Central Scouting ratings, Sanheim rose with a bullet from his mid-term (167th) to final ranking.

Sanheim reportedly met with all 30 NHL teams at the recent Combine. A team not meeting with a player is not necessarily due to a lack of interest (for instance, the Flyers did not meet with Sean Couturier in 2011 but selected him with the eighth overall pick). However, when a team does meet with a player, they do so because they like something about the player on the ice and want to find out a little more about him.

In Sanheim's case, the odds are pretty good that even teams that were simply doing a little extra due diligence on the player but have early first-round picks would consider taking him if they were to acquire an additional pick later in the round. If he makes it to the second round, Sanheim is a strong potential candidate to be taken by the first team that does not have a higher-ranked player on their internal list fall to them.

Sanheim fits the profile of the type of defenseman that NHL teams look for nowadays. He has a 6-foot-3 frame that still needs to fill out a bit but also has good wheels and two-way upside.

An untouted first-year WHL player, Sanheim kept things very simple early in the season. He posted three points through the first 21 games of the season as he focused mainly on positional play. His physical profile, skating and first-pass ability along with his general reliability in his own zone were sufficient to get him the 167th spot on the Central Scouting mid-term list.

Thereafter, Sanheim got increasingly comfortable and started to assert himself offensively. As his role grew into that of all-situations player, Sanheim's point totals rose steadily. Paired with fellow 2014 Draft prospect Ben Taylor, Sanheim finished the season with five goals, 29 points and a plus-25 ranking.

Sanheim also made a strong final impression on NHL scouts. Once again paired with Taylor, he had a very strong Under-18 World Championships tournament for Canada, posting six assists and a plus five rating in seven games while also taking care of business in his own of the ice.

Travis' twin brother, Taylor, is a forward whose WHL rights belong to the Brandon Wheat Kings. He was limited to nine games -- all at the Junior A level -- this season. In the meantime, Travis shot up the charts among NHL scouts. The Sanheim twins turned 18 on March 29.

Travis Sanheim's rapid development this season, which was partially hastened by an injury to Hitmen captain Jaynen Rissling (a Washington Capitals prospect), was remarkable. Rather than being a "reach" of a first-round Draft candidate, he may actually be a fairly safe pick relative to the inherent risks of drafting defensemen and nurturing them through their learning curve.

Does Sanheim project as a franchise defenseman in the NHL? No, and he may not be a number two, either. However, assuming that he continues developing and stays healthy, Sanheim has all the tools to become the type of two-way defenseman that moves the puck efficiently, occasionally chips in some timely offense and also provides reliable coverage in his own zone without being outmuscled by the league's big, strong forwards.

Players like Sanheim will never be "sexy" draft picks because they probably won't post eye-catching point totals. However, he fits the profile of many long-tenured NHL defensemen when they were his age. That is not a guarantee of an NHL career but he's off to a good start in the pre-Draft phase of his development.
    "Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly upon our own point of view.", "The circle is now complete. When I left you I was but the learner, now I am the master.", "I find your lack of faith disturbing.", "I can feel your anger... it gives you focus, it makes you stronger!"

vCash

vCash
    Anthony DeAngelo, Defenseman

http://thehockeyguys.net/anthony-dea...-sarnia-sting/

Another guy on the small side. Sounds a lot like a "Flyer" player when you read his scouting report. Doesn't mind dropping the gloves, and is good at it. Discipline can be an issue. Etc., etc.

Big point producer from the back-end, though. 71 points in 51 games is pretty damn impressive.

vCash
    25: http://lastwordonsports.com/2014/05/...ryan-macinnis/

nobody seems to wanna help.. ^^^ one of my favorites in the back half after some reading.
    "2008 WORLD ****ING CHAMPIONS"

vCash
    http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?p...gM88mo.twitter

Nice write-up by Meltzer here on the Russian prospects in the draft.

I love Goldobin and Barbashev is growing on me, especially with that Voracek comparison mentioned by a scout in the article.

vCash
    Sonny Milano is becoming a favorite of mine for the pick.

If we draft, ad Milano is there...give me that kid.
    #WhyNot?

People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Sonny Milano is becoming a favorite of mine for the pick.

If we draft, ad Milano is there...give me that kid.
    Some of the more recent mocks have him going to the Flyers (not that they mean anything lol).

Love his game. Great stick handling, speed to burn, not big but he is not that small either.

And he will be going to Boston College which is one of the best programs in the country.