Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Raiders showing interest in Jermichael Finley!

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 5m
    Technically visited Steelers team doc. RT @AaronNagler: Jermichael Finley has interest from the Raiders and visited Steelers, per @RapSheet.

Who wants a "Jelly" Sandwich?

vCash
    If healthy I would love for Finley to be signed by the Raiders. The Raiders have nearly 10 million left in cap space and they have to spend a good chunk of that, so why not take a chance on Finley?

vCash
    Would not mind the depth at TE. He could work out nice and is young enough to stick around awhile.

And you are what your record says you are.
    Sure liked the two years before DA and RM 1 game away from playoffs.
    And some say we are better off today.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by krsonekth View Post
    Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 5m
    Technically visited Steelers team doc. RT @AaronNagler: Jermichael Finley has interest from the Raiders and visited Steelers, per @RapSheet.
    If Kasa, Ausberry Leonhardt or Murphy dont show they got it Im more then happy bringing in Finley if he's healthy. Schaub loves his TE's and even if Carr starts its not uncommon for a rookie QB to favor a TE early. Finley is a better TE than anyone else on our roster. He would be a good TE to go along with Rivera who I liked a lot last season.
    Raiders Keith McGill

PSD Mock Draft Raiders GM
    1st Anothony Barr OLB UCLA
    2nd Dominique Easley DT University of Florida
    3rd Antonio Richardson, OT, Tennessee
    4th Bashaud Breeland, CB, Clemson
    4th Jordan Zumwalt ILB/OLB UCLA
    5th Justin Ellis, DT, Louisiana Tech
    5th Richard Rodgers, TE, California
    5th Vinnie Sunseri, S, Alabama
    6th Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska
    7th Terrance Mitchell, CB, Oregon
    7th Keith Wenning, QB, Ball State

vCash
    Schaub likes to use his TE's it would be nice to have a veteran TE running routes for him while the younger TE's continue to develop. Finley, Ausberry, Rivera would be a nice trio of TE's.

vCash
    If healthy I would love for Finley to be signed by the Raiders. The Raiders have nearly 10 million left in cap space and they have to spend a good chunk of that, so why not take a chance on Finley?
    Big thing is whether the contract is big enough for Finley. Finley has a injury insurance claim. If he never plays again he gets 10 million. Would have to make over that within the next 3 or 4 years after taxes to make it worth it for him.

Really a 2 year 8 Million deal with an injury clause I would take the risk if our staff passed him.
    Raiders Keith McGill

vCash
    Schaub likes to use his TE's it would be nice to have a veteran TE running routes for him while the younger TE's continue to develop. Finley, Ausberry, Rivera would be a nice trio of TE's.
    Plus Finley is only 27. Still a lot of treads on those tires. If he is cleared I feel he could make a solid impact on our really young TE group. Like Jones will for our WR group.
    Raiders Keith McGill

vCash
    Levi Damien ‏@LeviDamien 2m
    Report: #Raiders have shown interest in TE Jermichael Finley http://sbn.to/SusbHu

The most interesting name on the free agent market right now is former Packers tight end Jermichael Finley. He is just 27-years-old and is a season removed from being one of the best tight ends in the league. The 6-4, 240-pound tight end is still on the market because of a serious neck injury he suffered last season that required surgery.

A couple teams poked around him early in free agency but he went unsigned because he was not deemed completely recovered from the neck surgery. His doctor has cleared him to play but no NFL team, including his former team, the Packers, has stepped up to take on that risk.

Now NFL Network's Ian Rappoport is reporting the Raiders and the Steelers are both showing interest in signing Finley. The reason the Steelers have shown interest could be in large part due to Finley's doctor being their team doctor. The free agent tight end also visited the Patriots last week.

The reason for the suddenly uptick in interest could be due in part to the passing of June 1st. After that date any players signed by teams does not count against their overall total in regards to compensatory draft picks.

Finley also has a $10 million insurance policy so he will very likely be looking for a deal that trumps that figure to play again. The Raiders currently have over $10 million in 2014 cap space available and are looking to spend it. They also have some uncertainty at the tight end position with unproven David Ausberry as the projected starter and two 2013 sixth round picks Mychal Rivera and Nick Kasa behind him.

Reggie McKenzie was in Green Bay during most of Finley's career there and the Raiders have added James Jones who played along side him with the Packers. If the Raiders really want him, there's no reason they can't get him.

vCash
    Sign him up and let the best players get the final spots.

Would be cool signing Finley and playing Finley, Rivera with Ausberry playing some ST and kept around just in case.

See ya Kasa best of luck on the market
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government, owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people. To destroy this invisible government, to dissolve the unholy alliance between corrupt business and corrupt politics is the first task of the statesmanship of the day.-Theodore Roosevelt

There's no country on Earth that would tolerate missiles raining down on its citizens from outside its borders.
    -Barack "drone" Obama, 11/18/2012

vCash
    I see no reason not to take a flyer if Finley shares mutual interest. The risk is negligible and the reward could be significant.

vCash
    God yes. Get it done. We need a TE badly. All of ours are very unproven. I'd off a 3 year 12 million dollar deal. With a cut clause after the first year for no dead money and pay most of the money out in the first to make it worth it for him.

vCash

Raiders showing interest in Jermichael Finley!

I wouldn't call paying him $10M a flyer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabian43 View Post
    I wouldn't call paying him $10M a flyer
    We wouldnt have to pay him 10M in a season. Its more of if he plays multiple seasons he will need to make enough money that passing on 10M to never play again is worth it.
    Raiders Keith McGill

vCash
    Interesting. I have said for awhile now that I do not think we need a tight end. With Rivera poised to ratchet up his game, Kasa learning the ropes, and Ausberry coming back, I was content with our TE group. However upon further review, if we can get a healthy and 100% medically cleared Finley I would take a flier on him and make that group compete. 3 years 10-12 million with a medical clause and a few incentives to even it out. Why not? Having a veteran leader of quality in each group is a boon for everyone.

I'm Your Huckleberry.

vCash
    If healthy, I'd take a strong look.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast