Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Astros Future

vCash

Astros Future

The Astros are going to be another 100+ loss team no doubt. I am not here to talk about the team right now I am talking about the future. I think that the team is starting to set itself up for a decent team and to put up a good product maybe even next year. George Springer at first, and naturally, struggled striking out at a concerning rate, and his play in field was not spectacular, and now is playing very well. The Astros are also all in on Singleton signing him to a great contract if he turns out to be what he is supposed to. BTW nice HR by Singleton in his first MLB game.

I like the move we made for Fowler he is not an all star but a solid CF'er. Altuve is an all star player no doubt. Villar is as fast as anyone in MLB, but he can't put his hitting together. Carter is an all or nothing hitter which I scream at the TV when I watch him at the plate. We have players in the minors that can contribute soon and I look forward to it. Castro is a player that needs to get locked up to a team friendly contract.

Our coaching staff is really bad to say the least. Our lineup strikes out way to much and doesn't draw walks. A new hitting coach could be a nice move to make sooner rather then later.

This is just my two cents of course, but I like the future of the club. The product that is out there now is without a doubt crap and hard to watch at times, but I think that in the next few years they will be a good young team.

Thoughts?
    http://www.logo-designer.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Real-Madrid-football-club-logo-design-branding-identity-Ruben-Ferlo.jpg

vCash
    I don't think they will be a 100 loss team this year. They are 12-4 over their last 16 games and getting great pitching.
    If we get Albers, Crain and Bass back our bullpen will be fairly strong. The future is really bright and I expect them to
    be competing for the division in 2015 (not saying they will win, but in the race) and really strong by 2016. I love
    the direction this team is going.

vCash
    stros1 I think this club has a good future as well. I still think that they strike out at a really high rate. We have some guys that are playing really well such as Altuve. Altuve may be the best 2B in the game and I would take him over any other guy right now. They need to give Fowler the green light to take a base more often. Grossman does not need to be in the lineup anymore he just looks really bad at the plate. Bo Carter not even batting .200 is a big concern. I love Springer and Singleton and with Altuve they are the future of the franchise.

Our starters are getting better and the bullpen is decent with Zeid and Sipp pitching well of late. Its a young team and we will have growing pains like we are witnessing but in 2015 I agree we can be better with some FA's being brought in. Go stros!
    http://www.logo-designer.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Real-Madrid-football-club-logo-design-branding-identity-Ruben-Ferlo.jpg

vCash
    I love the direction we're going. I just want this cable deal to be done with.

vCash
    I have xfinity in my area so I lucked out and get to watch all the Houston sports from my couch.

vCash
    So Directv doesn't have CSN Houston yet? So the Astros/White Sox game isn't on in Houston for Directv?

vCash
    Cant even sign the first overall pick. This franchise is doomed. Jeff Luhnow is also extremely overrated in my opinion

vCash
    Everyone on the Astros sucks but Robbie Grossman. Just wait till he gets on a team with real coaches

vCash
    Chris Carter is a freaking monster...