Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Chandler Parsons to become a free agent...

While his price tag will be a bit high, is it worth trying to open up some space for Parsons on the Raptors? Would certainly help to solidify the SF position!

Thoughts?

vCash
    He'll command a Demar Derozan deal. I would love Parsons on this team though. But he's a RFA so Rockets easily match that.

vCash
    Rockets will match anything we offer.

vCash
    I rather save money and let the youth grow, Especially holding out some cash for KD wouldnt be a bad idea than getting a borderline All-star in Parson. :P
    Try staring at this picture for more than a minute without getting a headache

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sadds The Gr8 View Post
    ditto. unless someone is going above and beyond like 12-13, which would be crazy, Parsons is gonna stay a few more years as a Rocket.

vCash
    He is exactly the type of player the Raps need at the 3 but he should not be getting anything more than $10 million. Houston will likely match that number tho.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

vCash
    He would be a nice addition to the team. But I don't see rockets letting him go.

vCash
    I figured if the Rockets went after a star player, Anthony or Love (which are being rumoured), that they might not have enough space to resign him, but apparently Houston could go over the cap to keep him around. It really would have to be a team overpaying to pluck him away, and while Parsons would be nice it's not a wise choice on the Raptors part.

One thing articles I've read did mention, however, was the potential of Houston making a S&T with Parsons. Would the Raps be able to package anything to grab him? I wouldn't mind Masai sending a piece or two along with a pick to land a player like Parsons, who really is a budding all-star.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sadds The Gr8 View Post
    my suspicion is that they are going to try to get Melo.

If a team over pays they will let him go.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cdnsportsfan View Post
    I figured if the Rockets went after a star player, Anthony or Love (which are being rumoured), that they might not have enough space to resign him, but apparently Houston could go over the cap to keep him around. It really would have to be a team overpaying to pluck him away, and while Parsons would be nice it's not a wise choice on the Raptors part.

One thing articles I've read did mention, however, was the potential of Houston making a S&T with Parsons. Would the Raps be able to package anything to grab him? I wouldn't mind Masai sending a piece or two along with a pick to land a player like Parsons, who really is a budding all-star.
    ross + new yorks pick

vCash
    The reason they are making him a RFA, is so that they can give him the opportunity to play on another team if they sign a big name.

vCash
    Morey is a damn smart GM, his moves may shock the casual fan, but he know's what he's doing and he's ten steps ahead of everyone. Only way we can get him is via trade and I'd trade Ross for him in a heartbeat.

But I think a more fair trade for both teams is Amir for Parsons straight up.
    Parsons is the ideal SF you want next to Lowry and Dero. Then when we get Durant he can be a really good trade bait.

I'd inquire but we'd probably have to take a salary dump or something.

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    Just saw this. We should go after him. I like his game, his team first attitude, his athleticism, the fact he's a legit 3, kid is a solid pro.

Also, the Rockets are at $70mil for next year before going in on parsons. Giving him $10mil more per is into the tax, I'm not sure how the rockets are with that.
    Last edited by Sly Guy; 06-04-2014 at 11:38 AM.

vCash
    I think the most likely move would be Houston using parsons as added value to cut salary. A few team I am guessing could be involved are Cleveland, or Orlando. Both could really use parson to develop with their current young cores, and both teams have players with 8+million team options. This will give them the ability to shed some money. The raptors have salmons with a similar contract. There are very few teams with players with contracts with team options , at a good dollar value. If any of the stars who can opt out do so, these contracts I believe gain value based on the teams expressing interest in these stars.
    "When I was little, my father was famous
    He was the greatest samurai in the empire"

vCash
    He can be a sign and trade piece for them to NY if they do get Melo.
    Not to mention we cant offer him 10M with needing to sign Lowry, GV and Patman.

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast