Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Off Season Rumours Thread

Post any off season rumours linked to the Toronto Raptors here.

I found this http://www.gospelherald.com/articles...ack-carter.htm

Pau Gasol, Vince Carter, & Evan Turner have been linked to the raptors as potential target.. do you feel they fit the teams needs ?

vCash
    Pau would fit perfectly but the cost is my only concern.

vCash

Off Season Rumours Thread

Yes to Gasol and Carter. Hell no to Turner never liked his game. Gasol would be great, he could be help with the ball movement and take over inside when need be. The depth up front would let home rest when needed to.

vCash
    If Gasol is willing to take a 4-5 million/year deal I'd take him. However, I think people will be offering him much more.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LanceUpperCut View Post
    Yes to Gasol and Carter. Hell no to Turner never liked his game. Gasol would be great, he could be help with the ball movement and take over inside when need be. The depth up front would let home rest when needed to.
    Larry Bird seems to love Evan Turner's game

Scott Agness: Bird on Turner: "I love his game because he can do a little bit of everything. Wherever hes at next year, hell average 17 ppg" Twitter @ScottAgness

Candace Buckner: Bird: "I don't really know if (coming off the bench) hurt (Evan)." But he loved his game, wherever he's at next year he'll avg 17 ppg Twitter @CandaceDBuckner

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mjt20mik View Post
    If Gasol is willing to take a 4-5 million/year deal I'd take him. However, I think people will be offering him much more.
    He seems to be troubled with injuries every season though and as he gets older that will only get worse. I think he will give a contender a serious bargain or I can see him wanting to go to memphis to play with his brother, or he may just stay in LA and give the lakers a discount after they revamp and make another title run.

for some reason I dont think he will consider toronto unless we way over pay. But I do feel his veteran leadership and skillset would be a great fit on the raps.
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 06-03-2014 at 05:51 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Larry Bird seems to love Evan Turner's game

Scott Agness: Bird on Turner: "I love his game because he can do a little bit of everything. Wherever hes at next year, hell average 17 ppg" Twitter @ScottAgness

Candace Buckner: Bird: "I don't really know if (coming off the bench) hurt (Evan)." But he loved his game, wherever he's at next year he'll avg 17 ppg Twitter @CandaceDBuckner
    Evan Turner can help out a team like the raptors if he buys in to the system. However he seems like a headcase. If lowry and co can keep Turner in check, I think he would be a nice addition. I would love Gasol and Carter. Just what we need.

vCash
    No to Turner, yes to Vince and hell yes to Pau, but I don't see him as a realistic possibility.

I don't know if he's available, but i'd try trading for Gallinari, if he's available. If Nuggets are rebuilding, I'd assume he can be had for cheap.

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    No to Turner, yes to Vince and hell yes to Pau, but I don't see him as a realistic possibility.

I don't know if he's available, but i'd try trading for Gallinari, if he's available. If Nuggets are rebuilding, I'd assume he can be had for cheap.
    he was real good, but hasn't he missed a couple seasons now ? seems like a risk to me as we don't know how he will bounce back from that injury. he missed ALOT of time bro.

vCash
    Josh Lewenberg: Masai said he and his staff have been tracking Ennis for a long time. Open to all scenarios, including possibly trading up to land him Twitter @JLew1050

Eric Koreen: Ujiri, on the prospect of Ennis being there at 20: Id be surprised. Twitter @ekoreen

Look for the Bucks, Hawks, Mavs, Blazers and Raptors to be especially busy trying to move up or acquire a second pick. ESPN.com
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 06-04-2014 at 12:15 PM.

vCash
    Hmm interesting why he would want Ennis bad with Lowry here. Unless its smokescreen I can't see Ennis being a back up, dude's a legit starting calibre PG next year.

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Hmm interesting why he would want Ennis bad with Lowry here. Unless its smokescreen I can't see Ennis being a back up, dude's a legit starting calibre PG next year.
    I don't see him being a legit starting pg for anyone other than maybe next seasons 76ers. Not to many freshman pg get drafted and have a huge impact their rookie season. Especially ones who are projected 15-20 pick. Who knows,we will see.
    "When I was little, my father was famous
    He was the greatest samurai in the empire"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 3Blueforyou View Post
    I don't see him being a legit starting pg for anyone other than maybe next seasons 76ers. Not to many freshman pg get drafted and have a huge impact their rookie season. Especially ones who are projected 15-20 pick. Who knows,we will see.
    There are a fair amount of pg's who come in and have an impact during their rookie season. And it doesn't seem to be restricted to top 10 picks either. If the Raps are that interested in Ennis and manage to get him then I imagine one of Lowry and Vasquez aren't coming back next season. If I was betting I would say it would be Lowry going elsewhere, either because he is interested in testing free agency or the Raps really don't want to give him the money he wants. Have to see if the Raps actually make a move for him or not though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Post any off season rumours linked to the Toronto Raptors here.

I found this http://www.gospelherald.com/articles...ack-carter.htm

Pau Gasol, Vince Carter, & Evan Turner have been linked to the raptors as potential target.. do you feel they fit the teams needs ?
    Carter is a feel good story, a good vet fit on the wing, and will likely require a contract that is less then the MLE. Definetely the most likely to be signed.

Turner is a good player with a good all-around skill set. He will likely cost a fair amount unless teams manage to overlook him which occasionally happens. But he is more of a sg with the size to play some sf which is fairly similar to DD and Ross in that sense. Don't see him coming to the Raps unless one of those two is gone.

Gasol would fit well with JV and Amir in the front court but as many have said he may or may not be interested in the Raps and although it would be a shorter contract it will probably not be cheap. Only way I see the Raps getting him is if the above scenario of the Raps getting Ennis come true and the Raps and Lakers do a s&t of Gasol for Lowry or something along those lines. (and that's only if the 2 players agree to go to those respective teams)
    Last edited by Bramaca; 06-04-2014 at 05:21 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bramaca View Post
    Carter is a feel good story, a good vet fit on the wing, and will likely require a contract that is less then the MLE. Definetely the most likely to be signed.

Turner is a good player with a good all-around skill set. He will likely cost a fair amount unless teams manage to overlook him which occasionally happens. But he is more of a sg with the size to play some sf which is fairly similar to DD and Ross in that sense. Don't see him coming to the Raps unless one of those two is gone.

Gasol would fit well with JV and Amir in the front court but as many have said he may or may not be interested in the Raps and although it would be a shorter contract it will probably not be cheap. Only way I see the Raps getting him is if the above scenario of the Raps getting Ennis come true and the Raps and Lakers do a s&t of Gasol for Lowry or something along those lines. (and that's only if the 2 players agree to go to those respective teams)
    IMO they are all good players to have because we have a lot of holes to fill.

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast