Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: How many games do the Angels win?

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0-1

0 0%
  • 2-3

0 0%
  • 4-5

1 100.00%

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

6/2-6/8 Angels (30-26) @ Astros (24-34) vs. White Sox (29-29)

Game 1 Tuesday 5:10 PM

LHP C.J. Wilson (ERA 3.05 WHIP 1.11 BAA .215)

Scouting Report: Wilson is coming off a tough-luck loss in which he gave up three runs in 7 2/3 innings but was outdueled by Mariners ace Felix Hernandez. He finished May with a 2.92 ERA and pitched eight innings of one-run ball in Houston on April 7.
    vs.

RHP Collin McHugh (ERA 2.80 WHIP 0.98 BAA .195)

Scouting Report: McHugh is coming off his second scoreless outing of the season when he held the Royals to just five hits in seven innings Tuesday. He's struck out 50 batters, walked only 12 and allowed 32 hits in 45 innings in seven starts.
    Game 2 Wednesday 5:10 PM

RHP Garrett Richards (ERA 3.65 WHIP 1.23 BAA .224)

Scouting Report: Richards' terrific start to 2014 hit a major speed bump Friday, when the 26-year-old couldn't even get out of the first inning against the A's. Richards faced 10 batters and eight of them reached, giving up a grand slam and a bases-loaded walk.
    vs.

RHP Jarred Cosart (ERA 4.18 WHIP 1.38 BAA .241)

Scouting Report: Since giving up seven runs in one-third of an inning April 18 at Oakland, Cosart is 3-2 with a 2.79 ERA in seven starts. He's still trying to cut down on walks, though, averaging 4.5 per nine innings this season.
    Game 3 Thursday 4:10 PM

LHP Tyler Skaggs(ERA 4.14 WHIP 1.19 BAA .239)

Scouting Report: Weaver was the tough-luck loser against the Rays on Friday night, but continues to roll. The Angels' ace threw seven innings of two-run ball and has allowed only eight runs in his last 38 2/3 innings, good for a 1.86 ERA in six starts.
    vs.

RHP Brad Peacock (ERA 4.76 WHIP 1.59 BAA .258)

Scouting Report: Peacock continues to throw the ball well, going 1-0 with a 2.13 ERA and 13 strikeouts in 12 2/3 innings in past two starts. He's pitched at least six innings in five consecutive starts, three of which have been quality.

Game 1 Friday 7:05 PM

Game 2 Saturday 7:05 PM

Game 3 Sunday 12:35 PM
    __________________________________._________

vCash
    Win these three to get those pathetic losses against the A's back.

I was curious about Trout. He has only 5 stolen bases this year. Everyone knows he is fast as hell, but he just isn't trying to steal at all really. He has a career 88 percent success rate so he needs to steal some more bases than he has this year. Some people think he's not going because Pujols gets distracted when he is at the plate. Pujols has denied this and said it doesn't matter to him, although I don't necessarily believe him. What do you guys think is the reason?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hangin n Wangin View Post
    Win these three to get those pathetic losses against the A's back.

I was curious about Trout. He has only 5 stolen bases this year. Everyone knows he is fast as hell, but he just isn't trying to steal at all really. He has a career 88 percent success rate so he needs to steal some more bases than he has this year. Some people think he's not going because Pujols gets distracted when he is at the plate. Pujols has denied this and said it doesn't matter to him, although I don't necessarily believe him. What do you guys think is the reason?
    I think it's just more evidence that Scioscia is completely lost on how to run this team. He went from 1 extreme of being completely small ball to not doing any type of small ball at all anymore. He has guys in that lineup that can bunt and get people over, or hit and run, yet I never see it anymore. Trout can light up the base paths, and this is something we need more of. Put pressure on the pitchers. This will lead to more mistakes and more balls over the middle of the plate for Pujols/Hamilton to square up. I really want to see Trout leading off again. Then someone like Freese in the 2 hole...put on a ton of hit and runs and let trout run wild. We would see alot more rbi's for Pujols with first inning singles or sac fly's with trout on 2nd and 3rd respectively. But what do i know, i'm typing on here instead of doing my work.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by angelsfan1984 View Post
    I think it's just more evidence that Scioscia is completely lost on how to run this team. He went from 1 extreme of being completely small ball to not doing any type of small ball at all anymore. He has guys in that lineup that can bunt and get people over, or hit and run, yet I never see it anymore. Trout can light up the base paths, and this is something we need more of. Put pressure on the pitchers. This will lead to more mistakes and more balls over the middle of the plate for Pujols/Hamilton to square up. I really want to see Trout leading off again. Then someone like Freese in the 2 hole...put on a ton of hit and runs and let trout run wild. We would see alot more rbi's for Pujols with first inning singles or sac fly's with trout on 2nd and 3rd respectively. But what do i know, i'm typing on here instead of doing my work.
    I've just been so sick of Scioscia for a while now. Guy makes the weirdest decisions. Leading off Aybar for a multitude of games with a career OBP hovering barely above .300?? Thats laughable. But hey, that's not it. Let's keep putting Ibanez in at the cleanup spot, which is one of the most important spots in the lineup, when he is batting .140 with a .170 OBP. Even his average against righties is abysmal, so there is no reason to keep doing that, especially when Cron and Green are red hot and Cron was hitting better against righties than lefties anyway. Just some mush brain decisions.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hangin n Wangin View Post
    I've just been so sick of Scioscia for a while now. Guy makes the weirdest decisions. Leading off Aybar for a multitude of games with a career OBP hovering barely above .300?? Thats laughable. But hey, that's not it. Let's keep putting Ibanez in at the cleanup spot, which is one of the most important spots in the lineup, when he is batting .140 with a .170 OBP. Even his average against righties is abysmal, so there is no reason to keep doing that, especially when Cron and Green are red hot and Cron was hitting better against righties than lefties anyway. Just some mush brain decisions.
    I 100% agree. I would ride the Green and Cron train for as long as its running. Young hitters who are producing. I've been so impressed with Green this year. He's done nothing but have good at bats. I'm hoping Hamilton comes back and picks up where he left off...that will be crucial for our clean up spot. Put Cron right behind him in the 5th spot and you have a legit heart of the lineup.

vCash
    Scioscia's an old school, trust your veteran's kind of guy. It's very possibly time to change management... I love Mike, but he really has to get with the new program, and the Angels (while playing about as good as they have in three years) are in a funk.

Youth and coming up in the Angels system (where are Cron and Green from?) might just do that!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JetRocketAngel View Post
    Scioscia's an old school, trust your veteran's kind of guy. It's very possibly time to change management... I love Mike, but he really has to get with the new program, and the Angels (while playing about as good as they have in three years) are in a funk.

Youth and coming up in the Angels system (where are Cron and Green from?) might just do that!
    Is it old school to put a guy with one of the worst OBP's on the team in the lead off spot?? I feel like even old school guys should know to put people that get on base more at the lead off spot. It's mind boggling.

vCash
    I'm just tired of his bull ****. It's getting ridiculous.

vCash
    @MikeDiGiovanna: #Angels have called up RHP Cam Bedrosian from double-A Arkansas.

@MikeDiGiovanna: #Angels RHP Michael Kohn, who had been struggling of late, is optioned to triple-A Salt Lake.

Bedrosian has been absolutely filthy this year. Across Advanced Single-A and Double-A

IP 24 H 6 ER 3 ERA 1.12 K/9 16.9 BB/9 3.0 WHIP 0.583

Bedrosian was the 29th overall pick in the 2010 draft. He was switched to the pen after undergoing Tommy Johns and failing as a starter. The Angels also selected Kaleb Cowart 18th overall, Chevy Clarke 30th overall, Taylor Lindsey 37th overall, and Ryan Bolden 40th overall. Bolden and Clarke have both been released. Cowart is struggling yet again in Double-A. Lindsey is in Triple-A
    __________________________________._________

vCash
    Trout looks like he has a lingering injury. Were playing pathetic right now. We need an ace. CJ Wilson is solid (sometimes) but he's just way too erratic. He pretty muched walked the whole Astros ball club tonight. Guy is a ***** who pitches around people. I love weaver but the guy isn't an ace anymore. We are Just one great pitcher and a non mush brain coach away from having a chance.
    Last edited by Hangin n Wangin; 06-04-2014 at 02:34 AM.

vCash
    Ibanez is in the line up again. The guy couldn't hit a beach ball off a tee. Scioscia is senile.

vCash
    I really don't get it. The lineups he rolls out there are pitiful. Next game i go to, im going to write a lineup on a ball and roll it into the dugout...maybe he'll get the message.

vCash
    Cron gets 2 hits and his reward? taken of of the line up, Ibanez is hitting .140...Scioscia has lost his mind
    Last edited by popo85; 06-05-2014 at 05:16 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by popo85 View Post
    Cron gets 2 hits and his reward? taken of of the line up, Ibanez is hitting .140...Scioscia has lost his mind
    Guy is a flat out senile idiot. There is absolutely no reason Ibanez should be playing over Cron and Green.

vCash
    Another inconsistent outing by Skaggs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast