24. Anaheim Ducks - Robby Fabbri, C
    25. Boston Bruins - Nikolay Goldobin, W
    26. Tampa Bay Lightning - Travis Sanheim, D
    27. Chicago Blackhawks - Thatcher Demko, G
    28. Montreal Canadiens - Nick Schmaltz, W
    29. New York Rangers - Nikita Scherbak, W
    30. Los Angeles Kings - Josh Ho Sang, W

vCash
    Pretty certain I messed up somewhere as I seemed to forget the Devils at 30..

vCash
    Disagree Bran. Hayden Fleury goes to the Capitals at 13. The Caps need to draft a top 4 d-man, however this could possibly be Mike Green's replacement/

PAPI SMASH!

vCash
    Reinhart Is a monster.

lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by homie564 View Post
    Reinhart Is a monster.
    Do you have him going first overall then? I believe Ekblad will and should go first overall. Reinhart's a good fit in Buffalo IMO. Building with him and Hodgson, and then having Ras on teh backend is huge.

vCash
    I really don't see my team taking Kapanen. The Islanders have been tagged to 2 players - Dal Colle and Nylander.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss:28575142
    Reinhart Is a monster.
    Do you have him going first overall then? I believe Ekblad will and should go first overall. Reinhart's a good fit in Buffalo IMO. Building with him and Hodgson, and then having Ras on teh backend is huge.
    If I had the first pick I would take Reinhart. Most underrated draftee in a while imo. He was largely overshadowed by the expectations that McDavid would come out, but he is an absolute monster.

That said, I'm with you in that I think Ekblad will be the pick.... I just see him being another Larsson (not a bad player, just a disappointment). I could absolutely be wrong though. I actually the this draft is underrated all around.

vCash
    If I had the first pick I would take Reinhart. Most underrated draftee in a while imo. He was largely overshadowed by the expectations that McDavid would come out, but he is an absolute monster.

That said, I'm with you in that I think Ekblad will be the pick.... I just see him being another Larsson (not a bad player, just a disappointment). I could absolutely be wrong though. I actually the this draft is underrated all around.
    That Sam Bennett though. I realize this is hockey, but he couldn't even do a single pull up at the combine. It just bothers me. He's a playmaker, I realize that so he isn't going to throw the body around but that just makes me question mark his toughness for the game despite his on ice IQ.

And yes, I've seen tape on him... He's a good set up man and shooter... Definitely will be a top 6 forward one day but he's going to be one dimensional unless he toughens up physically

vCash
    Also back to this draft - A lot of undersized F's imo.

vCash
    Size Is a reason why this is an underrated draft

vCash
    My thing was.. the pull-up thing is kind of a big deal. If you've been in the CHL for 2 years, you should have been working out for 2 years. Should take you possibly two months to be able to have the upper body strength to do a pull-up. How this kid thought he'd be able to cake walk to the NHL based on his skill is bizarre.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    My thing was.. the pull-up thing is kind of a big deal. If you've been in the CHL for 2 years, you should have been working out for 2 years. Should take you possibly two months to be able to have the upper body strength to do a pull-up. How this kid thought he'd be able to cake walk to the NHL based on his skill is bizarre.
    I honestly thought you were gonna criticize me for calling Bennett out on that, I am glad we agree on something haha. There was an article I read. Bennett and one of the top European specs (cannot remember the fellows name) but they both struggled tremendously at the combine. When you look at the combine results, Bennett is not even in top 10 when it came to tests that manage stamina and endurance.

If I can find that article I will post it... Saved it but then had to reboot my whole computer. It was a good read. I really hope the Islanders do not take Bennett if he falls to pick 5... looks like another RNH to me, definitely gonna need another year in juniors at least

vCash
    Hockey is much different than other sports. You need "lean" muscles so weight isn't as easy to put on as mass. Strength takes time as well. This kid's upper body seems to be average for an average male teen. Going against men that have been training at a high level for years isn't easy.

vCash
    https://link.nhl.com/centralscouting...j118g650na8veq

Here is that awesome link for combine results, just look at right and select the test and you will see the specs and where they finished

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    Hockey is much different than other sports. You need "lean" muscles so weight isn't as easy to put on as mass. Strength takes time as well. This kid's upper body seems to be average for an average male teen. Going against men that have been training at a high level for years isn't easy.
    I don't have a strong upper body but I can still crank 5 pull ups... It just didn't look promising, but it's not like this was a strong class to begin with

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast