Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 74
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Leo's Mansion
    Posts
    19,508
    vCash
    1500

    New York Giants Release Will Hill

    The Giants have released Will Hill following Friday's announcement that he would be suspended for the first six games of this season.

    Hill failed his third drug test with the Giants in three years, his second for substances of abuse.

    The 25-year-old former Star-Ledger offensive player of the year was one of the top recruits out of St. Peter's Prep before enduring a series of gaffes that saw him exit the University of Florida a year early only to go undrafted.

    His NFL career was equally as mercurial. Hill was suspended for a total of 14 games in three seasons.

    In 2013, he was ranked as the second-best safety in football by Pro Football Focus, but couldn't manage to keep his name clean. Hill was arrested in December for delinquent child support payments. Police detected an odor of marijuana in the car but no drug-related charges were brought.

    Over the last two years, seasons where Hill established himself as a viable option alongside Antrel Rolle, Hill 87 racked up solo tackles and a pair of interceptions. He registered five pass breakups, three forced fumbles and two fumble recoveries.

    http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...drug_test.html

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Toms River, NJ
    Posts
    5,913
    vCash
    1500

    New York Giants Release Will Hill

    Will be either an eagle or a cowboy. We are gunna regret this one

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Leo's Mansion
    Posts
    19,508
    vCash
    1500
    As talented as he is, 3 suspensions 3 straight years. I don't blame the organization for releasing him. He's gone through rehab and counselling, clearly it hasn't worked for him. I don't care that he smokes weed, honestly. But as far as the team feels, it's a detriment to them. I'm sure people will say " **** JR, **** the team..wah wah wah" but, we don't have the full story. They gave him many chances it's not like they cut him after one offense, this is his third strike.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    27,463
    vCash
    1500
    Ugh. This sucks.
    Go Grab My Belt

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    17,396
    vCash
    1500
    This was the dumbest move of the offseason. The writing was on the wall and I'm not surprised, but it doesn't make it smart just because you prepared yourself for it with offseason moves. It was worth the money to keep him away from Philly, Dallas, and Washington alone.

    Having spoke with a few people with knowledge of his situation, I'm pretty confident that whoever he signs with is going to be thrilled. He made one mistake this offseason, his birthday bash in Houston I believe, in an offseason of otherwise grinding and staying clean. He was changing, some people take longer than others, he should've gotten one more chance, because he's going to prove it was worth it with his next team.
    X's and O's Breakdown of each of Eli Manning's 27 Interceptions

    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...-Interceptions

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Staten island Ny
    Posts
    19,833
    vCash
    1187
    What a dumb move. ****ing cut a future stud.
    http://newyorkknicksmemesdotcom.file...73bd8ccc5d.gif
    Amare!!!!

    SIM LEAGUE SUNS
    Jason Kidd and Chris webber
    2000-2001 48-34 first round KO
    2001-2002 64-18 first round KO
    2002-2003 55-27. Second round KO
    2003-2004 46-36 second round KO game 7 loss
    2004-2005 42-40
    2005-2006 welcome Glenn big dog

    Sig bet with Mr. baller on Yankees making the playoffs loser has to hold
    SIG of the winners choice for entire playoffs

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    31,877
    vCash
    1490
    So ****ing dumb. Maybe he'll want to stay in town and go to the Jets. Just hope its an AFC team.

    Now our 3rd safety is Demps, unless Taylor or Behre somehow impress. Not crazy about that, but at least we have the CB depth now that we can afford to be thinner at S.

    ****.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    17,396
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    So ****ing dumb. Maybe he'll want to stay in town and go to the Jets. Just hope its an AFC team.

    Now our 3rd safety is Demps, unless Taylor or Behre somehow impress. Not crazy about that, but at least we have the CB depth now that we can afford to be thinner at S.

    ****.
    For his sake, I hope he gets the **** out of NJ and anywhere else he has lifelong ties and drains pulling him into his old ways when he's trying to change. He's a good kid with ****** influences who makes dumb decisions. Hopefully getting away from this area can get him away from this life. I hope he doesn't go to the Eagles, Cowboys, or Skins, because I'll be rooting for him to do well regardless of what team he goes to.

    JR has had some pretty ****** drafts and had guys like Cruz, Hill, a lucky scenario with Beason become available to him to help minimize the impact of those drafts. These guys helped shape our team and a lot of it is luck. You don't just throw away a diamond you pick up off the ground.

    Demps isn't a bad player, though he has some INSANE range. He was playing cover 2 on the far side of the field and picked off Eli on a vertical on the other half of the field. He was definitely signed with the knowledge that they were cutting Will if he didn't win his appeal. Certainly no Will Hill, and neither is Stevie Brown.
    X's and O's Breakdown of each of Eli Manning's 27 Interceptions

    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...-Interceptions

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    27,463
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    This was the dumbest move of the offseason. The writing was on the wall and I'm not surprised, but it doesn't make it smart just because you prepared yourself for it with offseason moves. It was worth the money to keep him away from Philly, Dallas, and Washington alone.

    Having spoke with a few people with knowledge of his situation, I'm pretty confident that whoever he signs with is going to be thrilled. He made one mistake this offseason, his birthday bash in Houston I believe, in an offseason of otherwise grinding and staying clean. He was changing, some people take longer than others, he should've gotten one more chance, because he's going to prove it was worth it with his next team.
    That's the thing.

    The Giants paid the price with all his previous indiscretions only to let him go now. It's very possible the price they paid will become another team's reward if he now stays clean.

    And we're talking smoking weed after a birthday. Not saying it's smart or even ok for a pro player, but it's not like the guy has a crack or heroin habit. It's not hard to imagine him staying clean now and making the Giants pay for this move.
    Go Grab My Belt

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    31,877
    vCash
    1490
    Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    For his sake, I hope he gets the **** out of NJ and anywhere else he has lifelong ties and drains pulling him into his old ways when he's trying to change. He's a good kid with ****** influences who makes dumb decisions. Hopefully getting away from this area can get him away from this life. I hope he doesn't go to the Eagles, Cowboys, or Skins, because I'll be rooting for him to do well regardless of what team he goes to.

    JR has had some pretty ****** drafts and had guys like Cruz, Hill, a lucky scenario with Beason become available to him to help minimize the impact of those drafts. These guys helped shape our team and a lot of it is luck. You don't just throw away a diamond you pick up off the ground.

    Demps isn't a bad player, though he has some INSANE range. He was playing cover 2 on the far side of the field and picked off Eli on a vertical on the other half of the field. He was definitely signed with the knowledge that they were cutting Will if he didn't win his appeal. Certainly no Will Hill, and neither is Stevie Brown.
    Yeah I watched some games of Demps and his returns. He's got some crazy speed and could be a solid ball hawk, but Stevie Brown is too and now it just seems like we lost that physical player at safety.

    With how bad DAL's D was last year and the switch to 4-3, I can see them jumping all over Will Hill. Or Philly, but they seem set at safety. Really its more of a Snyder move to grab guys within division, but we'll see.

    You're prob right about him getting out of NY, its just a matter of if he actually would.

    I feel bad for him really. All the interviews and work he put in this offseason make it seem like he just genuinely wants to be out there with the Giants.

    Here's my other worry: I know Brown's injury was early on last year and he's likely recovered, but knee injuries are knee injuries. The likelihood of it happening again is enough that I'm a little concerned with the S depth even with Demps.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,830
    vCash
    1500
    Hope he goes to baltimore

    #TapeTwoOne....Oh Gawd

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    9,275
    vCash
    1500
    So pissed

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    15,128
    vCash
    1500
    I'm pissed and I'm going to miss him but are you guys kidding me? 1 more chance? Dude failed 3 test in 3 years. The dude apparently doesn't get it which is sad. I don't care if it was one mistake. ALL IT TAKES IS ONE. The Giants told STAY CLEAN THIS IS YOUR LAST CHANCE. He blew it, it sucks and I which they would of kept him but its principle. You're going to a party and you see ppl smoking weed, why the **** did you stay? Like seriously? I think he needed a change of scenery because the longer he stays here the longer its going to take him being clean.


    I'm sorry but he forced the Giants hand and keep in mind they could of cut him a while back but kept him because they were hoping he win his appeal. Remember when they cut Plax (their best WR) before anything went down, court jail, they didn't waste no time in cutting him. They didn't do that to Will showing they really wanted back and clean.




    Quote Originally Posted by PraiseJesus View Post
    My PREDICITON OF LEBRON GOING TO THE KNICKS WAS SPOT ON!!!!

    JUST AS ALL MINE ARE.

    I'M NEVER WRONG



    FREE MY SOURCE PraiseJesus

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    31,877
    vCash
    1490
    Quote Originally Posted by GiantsSwaGG View Post
    I'm pissed and I'm going to miss him but are you guys kidding me? 1 more chance? Dude failed 3 test in 3 years. The dude apparently doesn't get it which is sad. I don't care if it was one mistake. ALL IT TAKES IS ONE. The Giants told STAY CLEAN THIS IS YOUR LAST CHANCE. He blew it, it sucks and I which they would of kept him but its principle. You're going to a party and you see ppl smoking weed, why the **** did you stay? Like seriously? I think he needed a change of scenery because the longer he stays here the longer its going to take him being clean.


    I'm sorry but he forced the Giants hand and keep in mind they could of cut him a while back but kept him because they were hoping he win his appeal. Remember when they cut Plax (their best WR) before anything went down, court jail, they didn't waste no time in cutting him. They didn't do that to Will showing they really wanted back and clean.
    Failed 3 tests for a drug that is hardly performance enhancing and is being increasingly legalized for recreational use.

    He's incredibly talented. Still a hard worker at practice. And he was under contract. So yes, **** the failed test, keep him on the roster and away from other teams, wait out the 6 game suspension and get value out of him whether its on the field, trade or him turning it around.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Leo's Mansion
    Posts
    19,508
    vCash
    1500
    Rules are rules. Doesn't matter if we agree with them or not.

    If I fail a drug test at work, I go through rehab and consuling. If I fail another test I'm fired.

    He got 3 chances, I'm not saying I care it's because of pot because honestly I don't care.

    But sorry, talent aside. 3 suspensions in 3 years. Enough is enough.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •