Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 21
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    670
    vCash
    1500

    Can the Raptors find a gem in the draft

    This draft is super deep and i know there are going to be a lot of steals in the later selections and second round. REALISTICALLY, which player or players would you wish could fall into our laps.

    My wish list
    20th pick - Shabbaz Napier, Tyler Ennis
    37th pick - Mitch McGary, PJ Hairston
    59th pick- Greek Freaks older brother lol

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Gaia
    Posts
    1,360
    vCash
    1500
    "When I was little, my father was famous
    He was the greatest samurai in the empire"


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    30
    vCash
    1500
    Wtf.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    11,223
    vCash
    1500
    Well everybody on the Earth was wrong with the Raps potential 20th pick...and I'm fine with the Raps pick -- its one of those swing for the fences pick...and again the Raps made this 20th only because they believed that likely he would be gone by 37th. I'm sure if Ennis was available at 20 they could have grabbed him and then tried that Memphis deal -- but didnt make sense to take on a larger deal in Prince if they couldnt get the 2 guys they really wanted...

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    21,216
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanyo View Post
    Well everybody on the Earth was wrong with the Raps potential 20th pick...and I'm fine with the Raps pick -- its one of those swing for the fences pick...and again the Raps made this 20th only because they believed that likely he would be gone by 37th. I'm sure if Ennis was available at 20 they could have grabbed him and then tried that Memphis deal -- but didnt make sense to take on a larger deal in Prince if they couldnt get the 2 guys they really wanted...
    They planned to take him at 22, and Ennis at 20, if Ennis wasn't selected by then. Phoenix screwed us.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    35,573
    vCash
    500
    Hopefully they did. High risk, high reward.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    173
    vCash
    1500
    It's not the flashiest of picks by any means... Like at all... But you have a long athletic wing with serious defensive potential playing for a D first coach that just signed on for 3 more years... This pick I'm fine with anything that can be called a Brazilian Durant is a good risk... Pick 37 is where I'm kind of disappointed seemed a little redundant and kind of a throw away honestly

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    173
    vCash
    1500
    It's not the flashiest of picks by any means... Like at all... But you have a long athletic wing with serious defensive potential playing for a D first coach that just signed on for 3 more years... This pick I'm fine with anything that can be called a Brazilian Durant is a good risk... Pick 37 is where I'm kind of disappointed seemed a little redundant and kind of a throw away honestly

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,158
    vCash
    1500
    I'm ok for going a little big on this pick, but man, I read the draft picks last night when I got home and I was totally scratching my head as to who this brazilian kid was...

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    7,236
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaylon View Post
    It's not the flashiest of picks by any means... Like at all... But you have a long athletic wing with serious defensive potential playing for a D first coach that just signed on for 3 more years... This pick I'm fine with anything that can be called a Brazilian Durant is a good risk... Pick 37 is where I'm kind of disappointed seemed a little redundant and kind of a throw away honestly
    Im not sure the term Brazilian Durant means anything. Nathan Jawai was called the Australian Shaq.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    12,297
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    Im not sure the term Brazilian Durant means anything. Nathan Jawai was called the Australian Shaq.
    Agreed.

    The fact that he's crazy long, and is active defensively are the parts I like. I still see the kid going to the d-league this year.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Purgatory
    Posts
    6,162
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    Im not sure the term Brazilian Durant means anything. Nathan Jawai was called the Australian Shaq.
    Turk was called the MJ of Turkey.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,180
    vCash
    1500
    And I thought the TRoss pick came out of left field....dear lord.

    Do we really bring him to NA this year? Last night the only guy who knew his name said he's 2 years away......from being 2 years away!!! Can we not stash him somehow so his rookie clock doesn't start ticking? I love how Jalen Rose pretty much said straight up that the Raptors can't attract free agents, and that we had to do crazy things like this....


    I highly doubt he would have been gone by 37, and even if he was, we could have gotten Napier, got a great player, and screwed the heat..or held them ransom

    We better resign Lowry, of Masai just made a massive mistake imo..Napier won 2 titles in college, and led his team to victory against a stacked Kentucky squad. We could have gotten both Napier and Daniels...and had a pretty good replacement for Lowry if he decides to walk, or a great backup PG at a very low price if Lowry stays. As much as I like GV, I think Napier is an upgrade as an all around player. With us bringing in SF help, Ross is probably going to have to play whatever minutes are left over at SG behind Derozan.


    Masai better do something on July 1st, as he pretty much just failed to upgrade this team next season through the draft..

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Brandon, MB
    Posts
    6,706
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    And I thought the TRoss pick came out of left field....dear lord.

    Do we really bring him to NA this year? Last night the only guy who knew his name said he's 2 years away......from being 2 years away!!! Can we not stash him somehow so his rookie clock doesn't start ticking? I love how Jalen Rose pretty much said straight up that the Raptors can't attract free agents, and that we had to do crazy things like this....


    I highly doubt he would have been gone by 37, and even if he was, we could have gotten Napier, got a great player, and screwed the heat..or held them ransom

    We better resign Lowry, of Masai just made a massive mistake imo..Napier won 2 titles in college, and led his team to victory against a stacked Kentucky squad. We could have gotten both Napier and Daniels...and had a pretty good replacement for Lowry if he decides to walk, or a great backup PG at a very low price if Lowry stays. As much as I like GV, I think Napier is an upgrade as an all around player. With us bringing in SF help, Ross is probably going to have to play whatever minutes are left over at SG behind Derozan.


    Masai better do something on July 1st, as he pretty much just failed to upgrade this team next season through the draft..
    That guy that said he was two years away from being two years away also pretty much said he knew very little to nothing about Bruno. His word isn't gospel, it was more of a random guess.

    Don't think MU failed, he has taken a chance at getting something better then an ok player at #20. Napier might be an alright pg but honestly I think the Raps can find a pg that can do just as well for the vet minimum.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    35,573
    vCash
    500
    Here's the video if you guys want to rewatch it.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgmILBHk1D8

    I loled the first time I saw them showing the grainy highlights on TV.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •