Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Lebron better then Larry Legend???

Did I really just sit hear and hear Mark Jackson say "Lebron was better then Larry Bird"? If anyone knows about 80s and 90s basketball you would think it would be him. I often hear alot of these NBA analysts trying to hype up todays game, which is understandable because it is making money and popular as it has ever been. And trust me the athletes are far superior when it comes to speed and athleticism. Sports science and technology has evolved to where they have the best diets, medicines, and equipment to make a modern day athlete with the right NBA body, and right speed or whatever. To make the player they all look for in the NBA and NFL draft. But there is always that Russell Wilson guy that breaks that mold and doesn't fit the prototype, he has that thing that is missing. Yes todays athlete is superior on many stages. But look at the game. Look at 76 fouls on 3 point shots so far in the playoffs, look at all the turnovers, look at all the guys just letting players go by them, and blown assignments, the flopping. Todays game is no where near as intelligent, tough, or fundamental it was during this previous time period. Those mistakes would find you at the bottem of the bench, back then. Yes people had off games every once in awhile but it has been every night in these series. I truely believe as great a athlete Lebron is , and how physical he is with guys in the league in this era. He couldnt have been then. One of his weakness has always been toughness and Mental toughness. I think in 80s and 90s basketball he would have been more like a Jamal Mashburn, then the superstar he is today. I really think the Heat team of today would have suffered the losses that alot of great teams did to Jordan and the Bulls. I truely don't even see this team beating and more then likely getting swept by teams like the Cavs team that everyone remembers losing to the shot by Jordan, with great talents in Price, Nance, Daughtery. I see Daughtery dominating down low due to Miamis weak inside, and I see Price dominating both of Miami's one guards the entire series. No way they beat Stockton and Malone's Jazz, Birds Celtics, Magic's Lakers. Isiah's Pistons would drive Lebron insane, Drexler's Blazers I dont even know if they could beat the lower end teams like Wilkin's hawks. I could see Willis with his toughness and muscle just bullying these guys. I don't think basing what this guy is doing now, to one of the greatest eras of basketball, and a living Legend is fair. There are few guys in the league like Duncan who could have played as well as they do now then.

Didn't even have to use my AK.

J_M_B is offline Good Enough Ain't Enough
    vCash

vCash
    This will end well

I meese you Seņor Rodriguez

vCash
    If LeBron is already better than MJ, then obviously by default he's better than Bird.

vCash
    Everything you said is opinion supported by little fact. Bird arguably has the better career but at their peaks give me Bron and after his 3rd straight Finals MVP he will be neck and neck for legacy.

vCash
    that is a wall of text,wow

stats favor lebron comfortably ,but its hard to gauge based on pure stats because of era changes,but would still give the edge to lebron.the other thing to consider in the winning(which is close to being tied now)is that bird had a much tougher gauntlet to go through

i'd say he is,but its a lot closer than many younger fans would believe
    Last edited by abe_froman; 06-01-2014 at 06:29 PM.

vCash
    YOu think this is good basketball? You have watched these playoffs and think this league is on par with 80s and 90s basketball? There is no way you can serious say that. Have you watched these guys falling down over each other, shooting uncontested layups, and fouling on threes at big moments? Ive never seen such bad fundamentals, bad defense, and low IQ basketball in my life this reminds me of YMCA JR High/high school league hoops, where the coaches were gas station attendants and Micky D's clerks.

vCash
    We can judge Lebron when his career will be concluded. I already dislike comparisons,but if you have to,wait for Lebron to end his career,we don't know what he can do next years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by carlessyen View Post
    YOu think this is good basketball? You have watched these playoffs and think this league is on par with 80s and 90s basketball? There is no way you can serious say that. Have you watched these guys falling down over each other, shooting uncontested layups, and fouling on threes at big moments? Ive never seen such bad fundamentals, bad defense, and low IQ basketball in my life this reminds me of YMCA JR High/high school league hoops, where the coaches were gas station attendants and Micky D's clerks.
    Was gonna respond with my opinion backed with some evidence (that I think overwhelmingly supports LeBron) but then I read this. Not worth wasting my breath with someone who thinks this. You're a lost cause, and I'm sure even if 1 + 1 = 2 here, you couldn't swayed.

vCash
    LeBron has done more. End of discussion. Larry was great for a short period, LeBron has been great his entire career. Don't say Lebron never won anything because Larry had Parish/McHale/Dennis on his early days.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by carlessyen View Post
    There will be very few people who agree with what you're saying. I do, though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    LeBron has done more. End of discussion. Larry was great for a short period, LeBron has been great his entire career. Don't say Lebron never won anything because Larry had Parish/McHale/Dennis on his early days.
    Larry Bird was great for 13 years, not exactly a "short period." Bird also played against much tougher competition and even though he had parish and mchale Lebron didn't "do more" (or anything at all actually) until he got Wade and Bosh. Not a knock on Lebron because you can't win a team sport on your own, but there is certainly a discussion to be had here

vCash
    LeBron has to go down as the GOAT, I don't see any other way around it. He has taken advantage of the situation he's been in and playing in this kind of league (as he should). I do think that its unfortunate that this is how basketball is played now and I even see young kids mimicking the players of today, but it is how it is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BCpatsox18 View Post
    Larry Bird was great for 13 years, not exactly a "short period." Bird also played against much tougher competition and even though he had parish and mchale Lebron didn't "do more" (or anything at all actually) until he got Wade and Bosh. Not a knock on Lebron because you can't win a team sport on your own, but there is certainly a discussion to be had here
    Dude, do you even know what you're talking about? You're a fake Celtics fan. Larry was injured for two seasons and missed dramatic amount of games. In one of those seasons, he played 6 games. So unless you count that as a season, you must be delusional.

vCash
    The most knucklehead play you can have in basketball is the 4 point play, and this has happened 76 times already in this playoffs alone. Really this is good basketball? Its hard to watch for me, the most fun I have had watching basketball last night was the Spurs and that unselfish ball movement. Some really great basketball plays last night, an you saw what the rest of the league is doing with the Thunder. ME first ball, Durant and Westbrook trying to do to much making bad plays getting turnovers with the game on the line. Thunder FAR FAR FAR superior talent, and youthfull getting took to school by old men who know how to play BASKETBALL. Lebron is so mentally WEAK the bad boy pistons would have made himself check out of the game. The EAST is weak so is the PACERS but Stephenson knows whats wrong with LEBROn thats what he was doing getting in his head and most the series he did. Heat struggled with a really bad Pacers team with no point guard, and a weak center who is 7 foot but sometimes cant get 1 rebound in 20 minutes. Lebron's head was out of it most this series, and Wade had to carry. Anthony Mason or Karl Malone would have laid into this guy on a drive to the basket and he would a feeled a real force, and rattled to peices. Bird woulda messed with this kid so bad mentally he'd prob retire. Bird was the master of mental hoops, and thats Lebron's biggest weakness.You can try to sell this league like these announcer's do but its prob the weakest it has been in years.
    Last edited by carlessyen; 06-01-2014 at 06:50 PM.

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast