Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2014 d

vCash

2014 d

From PFT:

Lions safety James Ihedigbo has a better idea than his teammates about what kind of defense they’ll be running in Detroit this season, as Ihedigbo has previously played with new Lions defensive coordinator Teryl Austin in Baltimore. Ihedigbo says it’s a defense that’s going to make life rough for opposing offenses.

“Our defense, we dictate what offenses are doing,” Ihedigbo told Josh Katzenstein of the Detroit News. “We don’t let them dictate to us anything. We control the game, and that’s our mind-set. When you go against us, you’re going to be going against a hard-hitting, vicious, physical team on defense and on offense.”

Lions linebacker Stephen Tulloch has similar expectations.

“We’re going to be aggressive, there’s no question about it,” Tulloch said. “We’re going to get after it — zone coverage, man, blitz; we’re going to do it all. We’re going to be able to mix things up.”

So if you were hoping for the first-ever case of an NFL team promising that its new defense would be passive and soft, you’re out of luck. The Lions are vowing that their new schemes will bring a new toughness to Detroit.
    I said a few days ago that I had a really good feeling about this year's D. Could be one of the best D units we've had in a very long time. Am I drinking too much Kool-Aid?

2013 & 2014 Lions Forum Draft Prediction Game Champion

vCash
    I think your front 7 should be good. Still not a fan of your secondary at all going up against Chicago and gbs passing attacks but with another year under the DBS belts who knows.

vCash
    I'm excited about it.... But I've been drinking the kool aid for over 25 years.

I have always admired Baltimore & Pittsburg for their defense... I hope we can establish something similar here in Detroit. In regards to a good reputation for our D, I think we'll need a couple of off seasons to truly get better.
    Last edited by Lionsfanfromsac; 06-01-2014 at 06:06 PM.

My AAL 2015 ProBowler: DeAndre Levy #54 tackles sacks ints
    click here to join the Lions Forum
    Lions Forum: 5 Time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10,#12 & #14
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Lffs is the master at going from goofball to boss

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cub_StuckinSTL View Post
    I think your front 7 should be good. Still not a fan of your secondary at all going up against Chicago and gbs passing attacks but with another year under the DBS belts who knows.
    Not very many secondaries will be good against any of the offenses in our division (minus Minnesota unless Bridgewater shows how good he really is right off the bat). That said I do see your point. I think if they really felt the CB were a need they would have drafted one but Austin seems to think the kids will play fine. So there's that. Safety I think is solid with Quin and Ihedigbo. Greenwood, Slay, and Houston need to step up. Bentley is solid at nickle.

Catches: Yards: TDs:

vCash
    **** the packers

and

**** the bears
    #66 LaAdrian Waddle

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ****ed in DET View Post
    **** the packers

and

**** the bears
    love the sig

vCash
    ef the bears

vCash
    Our D's going to be the worst it's ever been

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket View Post
    Kinda like your post quality?

vCash
    Feeling good about our FA additions on D and what's coming out of camp on Slay. Thing is sometimes, and especially against a QB like Cutler, and good front 7 is all you need. Constant pressure, put him on his *** a couple times and get him flustered and he makes mistakes every time. Our problem last half of the year wasn't our defense, it was an inconsistent Stafford and our stone handed WR corps.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket View Post
    Post of the year...it's over boys. rocket locked up the 2014 win here.
    #66 LaAdrian Waddle

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Five Angels View Post
    Feeling good about our FA additions on D and what's coming out of camp on Slay. Thing is sometimes, and especially against a QB like Cutler, and good front 7 is all you need. Constant pressure, put him on his *** a couple times and get him flustered and he makes mistakes every time. Our problem last half of the year wasn't our defense, it was an inconsistent Stafford and our stone handed WR corps.
    I agree, Only thing our that sucked about the D the 2nd half of the season is we stopped causing the turnovers we were causing in the first half..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ****ed in DET View Post
    Post of the year...it's over boys. rocket locked up the 2014 win here.
    thank you my good sir.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by C-Wick925 View Post
    I agree, Only thing our that sucked about the D the 2nd half of the season is we stopped causing the turnovers we were causing in the first half..
    And who knows, those extra opportunities for the offense could have lead to more scoring....

or more than likely just more turnovers and 4 and outs for the offense....

vCash
    Its safe to say the team flat out gave up last year. Maybe they saw the fix was in after all the BS penalties they got down the stretch, but more realistically, they were sick and tired of Shartz & gave up on him as the leader of the team. Im sure the play calling of Gunther & Linehan drove them nuts as well. Either way, this will be a rejuvenated team, with a new energy on both sides of the ball & as long as they stay healthy, I expect a much better season than last.

The talent is there, the coaching is there, its a matter of health & luck now. But I think this is a great core of players & if a rookie or two steps up like they did last year, this team could go very far.

Outside of staying healthy, I think 99.9% of this teams chances are dependant on Stafford. He will make or break us this year.

2013 & 2014 Lions Forum Draft Prediction Game Champion

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast