Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

How will winning this year affect Duncan's legacy?

A lot of people currently have him to close out their top 10. He's made his mark already both in terms of good numbers, rings, and longevity. Question is, will winning this year (probably not FMVP though, but it's not out of the question) catapult him a few places up? Or is his legacy pretty much set?

Question has been posed with respect to Kobe but most people here say that winning a ring won't do much to add to KB's legacy at this point. Was wondering if it's the same thing with Duncan.

As a side note, I don't think not winning will have an effect whatsoever. But feel free to disagree.

vCash
    I'll bump him up over Hakeem and Shaq.

Jordan
    Kareem
    Magic
    Kobe
    Shaq
    Hakeem
    Duncan
    Wilt
    LeBron
    Bird

vCash
    If they win and he plays okay, he will be around 6-7.

But...

If they win and Duncan wins finals mvp? That could put him top 5.

vCash
    I believe Duncan would have gotten MVP last year. If he has a similar performance and they win it all with MVP he would be top 5 for sure.

vCash
    it depends on how he plays

right now i have him in the middle of my top tier and unsure it'll change my ranking all that much

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt:28568044
    I'll bump him up over Hakeem and Shaq.

Jordan
    Kareem
    Magic
    Kobe
    Shaq
    Hakeem
    Duncan
    Wilt
    LeBron
    Bird
    So a 5x League MVP cant even crack your top 10?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by abe_froman:28568377
    it depends on how he plays

right now i have him in the middle of my top tier and unsure it'll change my ranking all that much
    I find it hard to imagine a situation where a 5th title wouldnt improve someones legacy...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    I find it hard to imagine a situation where a 5th title wouldnt improve someones legacy...
    i didnt say it wouldnt improve his legacy,just that i dunno if it would change my ranking because already have him so high(i cant bump him over someone like shaq or hakeem,because already have him higher than them).it'd have a much greater impact on parker as far as rankings/tiers go
    Last edited by abe_froman; 06-01-2014 at 02:57 PM.

vCash
    Not only that but another Finals MVP at his age speaks volumes. No way he should stay in the same spot.

vCash
    So a 5x League MVP cant even crack your top 10?
    Russell? The guy who won as a player-coach, played in a league in where they were only 10 teams, only 7 wins needed to make the Finals? I only put Wilt there because he was actually dominant regardless of the competition, 50/25 in any era is insane. However, Bill wasn't even a good offensive player and would borderline hit 10/10 in today's league. When Wilt joined the league, there were only 4 players above 6"8, with Russell/Wilt being two of them. In any team in the NBA today, even the small Miami Heat squad has more than 4 players above 6"8: James, Bosh, Anderson, Lewis, Haslem, Oden, Hamilton, Beasley, James Jones, and Battier.. Keep in mind, 6 of these players aren't even center's. So yeah, I'm not going to put Bill over someone like the likes of Duncan - who actually achieved his accolades.

vCash
    top 10 win top 15 lose...still got em to the finals 2 years in a row in his late 30's

steal of the draft cleanthony early

vCash
    I don't wanna make a thread for this but I was thkning about it....

could Kawaii Lenard with a decent supporting cast bring a team to the playoffs with him being the number 1 option? even as a 8 seed?

steal of the draft cleanthony early

vCash
    People said a 6th ring (assuming fMVP as well, this was maybe 2-3 years ago) wouldn't add much if any to Kobe's.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Crunch Time View Post
    People said a 6th ring (assuming fMVP as well, this was maybe 2-3 years ago) wouldn't add much if any to Kobe's.
    Yup.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYKNYGNYY View Post
    I don't wanna make a thread for this but I was thkning about it....

could Kawaii Lenard with a decent supporting cast bring a team to the playoffs with him being the number 1 option? even as a 8 seed?
    IMO no, I think pop has a lot more to do with the spurs' success than any one player alone.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast