Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Offseason

vCash

Offseason

Should be interesting, Looing like Vogel returns, how i have no clue. Worst collapse in nba history, lost team, and made zero adjustments, but probably worse options out there.

Hibbert has got to go. Some bad team thats desperate will take him on.

Stephenson--hopefully they sign him but might be to big of risk

Need a Point guard badly

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by buck4493 View Post
    Should be interesting, Looing like Vogel returns, how i have no clue. Worst collapse in nba history, lost team, and made zero adjustments, but probably worse options out there.

Hibbert has got to go. Some bad team thats desperate will take him on.

Stephenson--hopefully they sign him but might be to big of risk

Need a Point guard badly
    I like Vogel but think bringing him back if that is the choice is the wrong decision for everything you listed. I think the team is in dire need of a fresh voice.

Hibbert has absolutely zero trade value right now and who are you going to replace him with in the middle? He is the horse your gonna have to ride with I think for better or worse. Gotta hope he puts a lot of work in during the summer and comes back the first half Roy. Lot of people are forgetting that he was really good the first half of the season.

I really want Lance back. Hopefully he uses this as a growing experience as he has all the talent to become a really great player.

Getting a true PG would be such a huge lift for the team. Getting someone who is a better passer/facilitator would really help the offense that they seemed to discard soon as they started facing adversity.

Though more than any of that. They need a true LEADER on the floor. West was supposed to be that but seemed to spend more time making funny faces or arguing a call after it was made. Not sure where its going to come from. Hoping that PG decides to step up and take on that roll more now that he is the man on the team.

Going to be an interesting off season to see what is done with little to no wiggle room. Have a bad feeling we are simply going to see the same team run out there next season coaches and all.

vCash
    I'm not going to believe Vogel will be back until I actually hear it from Larry Bird's voice. I think there is a real chance that Vogel is canned...I'm not sure if I would be for or against it yet if it does happen. Basically my irk with him is our offense and matthollaback has touched on this a lot...very predictable. Very little improvements over the last few years, and always our stagnant offense has come back to bite us. Finishing in the bottom 15-10 of offense production for the last three years is inexcusable for a top tier team.

The only three players that I feel confident will be back next season are David West, CJ Watson, and Paul George. I think there is a real chance one of George Hill or Roy Hibbert will be traded away. It will be very difficult with their contracts, but I believe this starting 5 needs a new face next season...either at PG or C. Everyone will be up for the right price...yet it will take some magic to get rid of Hill and Hibbert.

I need to let the anger from the end of this season wear off to think of more off-season desires, scenarios, etc...but off the top of my head Larry needs to find another big man who can stretch the floor...we are too predictable with our traditional lineup and until we can take it to the next level we need to adapt to the changing landscape of the NBA.

Keep in mind though...our best two years as a franchise since 04 came at the same time we are witnessing one of the greatest teams of the NBA hit the floor.

I'm going to be very disappointed in how this season ended for a long time.
    Last edited by jacquewho?; 05-31-2014 at 10:50 PM.

#iubb

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosiercubsfan View Post
    I like Vogel but think bringing him back if that is the choice is the wrong decision for everything you listed. I think the team is in dire need of a fresh voice.

Hibbert has absolutely zero trade value right now and who are you going to replace him with in the middle? He is the horse your gonna have to ride with I think for better or worse. Gotta hope he puts a lot of work in during the summer and comes back the first half Roy. Lot of people are forgetting that he was really good the first half of the season.

I really want Lance back. Hopefully he uses this as a growing experience as he has all the talent to become a really great player.

Getting a true PG would be such a huge lift for the team. Getting someone who is a better passer/facilitator would really help the offense that they seemed to discard soon as they started facing adversity.

Though more than any of that. They need a true LEADER on the floor. West was supposed to be that but seemed to spend more time making funny faces or arguing a call after it was made. Not sure where its going to come from. Hoping that PG decides to step up and take on that roll more now that he is the man on the team.

Going to be an interesting off season to see what is done with little to no wiggle room. Have a bad feeling we are simply going to see the same team run out there next season coaches and all.
    What you think about this trade

IND gets
    Rajan Rondo
    Joel Anthony
    2014 1st rd draft pick #17

Bos gets
    Hibbert
    Cj Watson
    2015 1st rd draft pick

We need to resign Lance (8 mil a year)

With the 17th pick we need to get

Adreian Payne (release Scola and sign Granger 3 mil 1yr)

or

Kj Mcdaniels (keep Scola)

vCash
    I'd be nice if we could pick up Gorgui Dieng cheap. He would fit in well on this team.

vCash
    I like the idea of Cleanthony Early as well.

vCash
    The problem is Hibbert has played his way out of that kind of deal. Boston could get so much more for Rondo, and no one is going to be giving away picks in this draft. I think Hibbert is a Pacer to start next season to see if he gets it together, or at the very least to improve trade stock.

In terms of deals that make sense for BOTH teams, I think we are looking at things like:

Bos gets:
    Hibbert
    Watson

Ind gets:
    Gerald Wallace
    Kelly Olynyk
    17th pick in 2014
    Throw in Piece

Boston gets a defensive center and gets rid of Wallace contract. We use Wallace as scorer off bench and hope to strike pay dirt in draft.

IM sure OKC will want to look at swapping Perkins and a piece for Hibbert, but I would rather have Hibbert. I think Hibbert stays a Pacer more so because we won't agree to a junk deal, and right now, the only thing people are going to offer for him is junk.

vCash
    I think we are looking at the same team next year. I think Lance resigns for around 4 years and 40 million. I don't think you will see any value offers for Roy. I hope Larry tries to get another pick in the late 1st of this draft, but I don't see what we have to offer.

We have to hope that Solomon Hill can play (can't afford to swing and miss on 1st rd picks). I think Copeland and Scola stay and split the 4 minutes depending on nightly matchups.

I think the biggest acquisition we could do is some sort of scorer without a conscience on the cheap. If we could get a Nate Robinson if healthy, or Rodney Stuckey, or Jordan Crawford, or Jodie Meeks Jerryd Bayless or even a Jimmer Fredette as last case scenario...

Thus, that would allow Lance to stay in with the starters more as the ball handler with a 3 point shooter spreading the floor and guarding the point. Then, while Hill may start, he is the first to go the bench and he plays more as a 2 guard off the bench against the opponent's bench.

It's not sexy, but barring us getting some sort of deal that gets us in the draft or dramatically shakes us up, I think these moves solve the immediate problem of adding scoring to the bench and spacing the floor for the starters.

vCash
    I think they sign Lance. The only way they don't is if someone throws crazy max money at him.

I think they try to move both Hibbert and Hill. I just can't believe how wildly inconsistent they both are! And I'm talking about effort and energy. Every player has slumps every now and then, but these two guys just choose not to give 100% effort in at least 20-30 games in the regular season! Hibbert has done this every year he's been in the league, so it's officially a pattern.

I think Roy ends up staying because of his huge contract, but that will make him good trade bait next year when he's on the last year of his deal.

I think they find a taker for George Hill. Someone who will use him as a 2 guard or off the bench as a combo guard. No clue what they can get back for him, though.

Bottom line is they need an upgrade at point guard and center.

I'm really curious how they handle this offseason. You basically either have to have a strong post game or players that can break the defense down off the dribble. If they re-sign Lance, I would almost rather see them go to an offense that spreads the court and allows Lance to break the defense down and either score or find the open man. We'll see!

vCash
    Would you guys consider something like McGee,Evan,something for Hibbert,something and TPE for Lance(S&T)??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ty_Lawson View Post
    Would you guys consider something like McGee,Evan,something for Hibbert,something and TPE for Lance(S&T)??
    If the Pacers are going to trade Hibbert AND Stephenson in the same trade, they're not going to just take back McGee, who is very overpaid for his production. They're going to want assets in return. Hibbert and Stephenson aren't just going to be given away.

Indiana Gets:
    Kenneth Faried
    Timofey Mozgov
    JaVale McGee
    2014 First Round Pick (11th overall)
    2015 Second Round Pick

Denever Gets:
    Roy Hibbert
    Lance Stephenson

Not a great trade, but that's a good start.
    Last edited by cardinals1226; 06-02-2014 at 06:57 PM.

vCash
    Not in the same trade but two different ones, because we can't send TPE with players, so it would have to be
    S&T Lance for TPE
    Hibbert,filler(if needed for money to work) for McGee,Evan,future 1st,Foye/Hickson/Arthur/Randolph/Q.Miller

vCash
    I don't think they would trade Lance just for TPE. I am intrigued by the McGee idea. Basically the same production per minute as Hibbert at a slightly lower cost. And I don't think McGee would mind being a defensive and rebounding center without getting many touches on offense. I'm sure Larry Bird would try to pry away Mozgov instead, though. If Lance was included Ty Lawson or Faried would definitely have to be involved in my opinion.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomBabySlick View Post
    I don't think they would trade Lance just for TPE. I am intrigued by the McGee idea. Basically the same production per minute as Hibbert at a slightly lower cost. And I don't think McGee would mind being a defensive and rebounding center without getting many touches on offense. I'm sure Larry Bird would try to pry away Mozgov instead, though. If Lance was included Ty Lawson or Faried would definitely have to be involved in my opinion.
    I know you wouldn't do it just for TPE, that's why i'm putting fillers in McGee->Hibbert trade, and Evan is nice backup SG and you can sign Turner...

vCash
    I know you wouldn't do it just for TPE, that's why i'm putting fillers in McGee->Hibbert trade, and Evan is nice backup SG and you can sign Turner...
    Ok, I see. The Pacers have no interest in re-signing Evan Turner, so they would have to have a replacement for Lance in mind or slide George Hill to the 2 and sign a point guard.

I have to say that I didn't get to watch the Nuggets much this year. Who do they see as their center for the future? I'm guessing Mozgov since your looking at McGee trades.

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast