3 21.43%
  • Trade It! Let's Move Up

3 21.43%
  • Trade It! We Suck at 1st Round Picks

3 21.43%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

2014 NHL Entry Draft ~ Bruins Edition

The draft is just under a month away, so I figured we could post/discuss any draft related stuff here. The Bruins will have the 25th pick in this years draft that will be held in Philadelphia. I put a poll at the top to see what everyone would like to see the B's do with their pick.

Looking over a few different mock drafts here are some guys that could/should be around when we pick.

Ivan Barbashev (6'0 / 181lb.) - Barbashev is a skilled playmaking winger with impressive vision and passing ability. He thrives in a high-paced offense. Has a good, hard shot and isn't transparent about making a pass or firing it on net. Has dynamic talent but inconsistent in his efforts.

OHL Career Stats - 116GP / 42G / 87A / 1.11PPG
    Adrian Kempe (6'2 / 187lb.) - Kempe is a strong, bullish forward that has size, strength and a work ethic to match. He can be tenacious on the forecheck and never misses finishing a check. He has a heavy shot and isn't shy to drive towards the net.
    Vakub Vrana (6'0 / 185lb.) - Vrana is a strong skater with a good first step and lateral quickness. He handles the puck with confident and creative hands. A good wrist shot with a deceptive release help him offensively, as does his natural vision and passing ability.
    Roland McKeown (6'1 / 185lb.) - McKeown is a strong, do-it-all defensemen whose biggest asset is his ability to think the game and know his position. He makes strong, simple plays, has a good shot and distributes the puck effectively.

OHL Career Stats - 123GP / 18G / 54A / 0.59PPG
    Nikita Scherbak (6'2 / 174lb.) - Scherbak is a skilled but gritty forward who has a strong shot and offensive senses plus the ability to evade would be checkers by using his quick agility and slick hands. He puts pressure on opposing defenses every game. Has some work to do with regards to rounding out his defensive game and effort levels.

OHL Career Stats - 54GP / 26G / 43A / 1.27PPG
    Travis Sanheim (6'3 / 190lb.) - Travis started to blossom when they started to use him great shot on the PP, the skating ability to join the rush, good passing ability, still raw so the best is yet to come. NHL size at 63, 189 lb., solid one-on-one, good stick.

OHL Career Stats - 67GP / 5G / 24A / 0.43PPG
    Nikolay Goldobin (5'11 / 178lb.) - Goldobin is a dangerous shooter with a wicked release on his wrist shot. He is quick and creative and can make defenders look foolish. He's weak against bigger opponents and can look lost in his own zone but is extremely dangerous and can quietly slide into prime scoring areas.

OHL Career Stats - 135GP / 68G / 94A / 1.20PPG
    Conner Bleackley (6'0 / 200lb.) - Bleackley is a nice blend of size, skill and speed. He's strong and balanced on his skates, uses his size to his advantage and has a very good shot with his quick release. He finds lanes and soft zones well and has quick hands in tight spaces.

OHL Career Stats - 153GP / 40G / 48A / 0.58PPG

Non~Bruins Watch
    Filip Forsberg
    22GP / 10G / 13A / 1.04PPG / +19

vCash
    Good idea to get started on the draft thread. I'm hoping Joshua HoSang somehow drops to us at #25.
    Feeling left out in society? Are you that kid? The Bruins forum can help you.

PSD's Zdeno Chara

PSD Bruins Hall of Fame Class of 2010

Yeti FTW

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaiza View Post
    Good idea to get started on the draft thread. I'm hoping Joshua HoSang somehow drops to us at #25.
    Kid has amazing hands, but I don't see him dropping to us. What nationality is he?

Non~Bruins Watch
    Filip Forsberg

vCash
    We definitely need a winger that's for sure. But PC always seems to draft BPA.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by i am bob View Post
    We definitely need a winger that's for sure. But PC always seems to draft BPA.
    What scares me about this is what if that player is Thatcher Demko (Goaltender from BC)

Non~Bruins Watch
    Filip Forsberg

vCash
    We'd be stacked like crazy at goalie. Demko is a beast. Makes Subban even more expendable.

lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

vCash
    I would like to see them get lebron

vCash
    IF its Demko, select him and trade Subban. Subban could get us back a decent player.
    Boston Sports!!

vCash
    Kevin Fiala
    Ht/Wt: 5'10"/194 lbs
    Position: RW
    Team: HV71 J20 (SWE)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Godi Jr. View Post
    Kevin Fiala
    Ht/Wt: 5'10"/194 lbs
    Position: RW
    Team: HV71 J20 (SWE)
    You have anything on him Godi?
    Feeling left out in society? Are you that kid? The Bruins forum can help you.

PSD's Zdeno Chara

PSD Bruins Hall of Fame Class of 2010

Yeti FTW

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaiza View Post
    You have anything on him Godi?
    Everything I've read says he's a high-end scorer but still very raw. He isn't great with positioning or defense, but is (as one report said) a Patrick Kane-type scorer.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=87971

Mock drafts have him going anywhere from 10th to 18th in the draft.

Non~Bruins Watch
    Filip Forsberg

vCash
    I watched IIHF gAMES BACK A COUPLE OF weeks ago they talked very highly about him. He is the fist player like in 20 years toplay U18 U20 world hockey championship all in the same year. I just wish he were left shot.

Talent Analysis

Fiala is a high-end offensive talent who plays with a chip on his shoulder. Positionally he is inconsistent at this stage of his development in terms of defending. But his creativity combined with quick skating, shooting, stick handling and passing skills and the ability to find open spaces make him dangerous every time he's on the ice.

Future

Fiala is a pure scorer at this stage in his development with several ways to create scoring chances. To succeed at the next level he will need to add some bulk and strength and refine the other aspects of his game to complement his offensive skills. A high risk/high reward prospect, projections on Fiala range from him becoming a Patrick Kane-type scorer to a player who puts up big numbers in Europe his entire career; never skating in the NHL.
    Last edited by Godi Jr.; 06-02-2014 at 04:21 PM. Reason: more info

vCash
    Nikolay Goldobin. Kid is a pure goal scorer. Nice shot, quick release, and has wheels. Something we seriously lack in the organization right now. A winger who can score and has speed. His defense isn't anything to write home about, but it can be taught. If he's there and the B's pass him up, i will be pissed loll.

plus, he can do this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBCdh_FQdpk

vCash
    I think Ho Sang has the higher ceiling... I'd rather have some risk behind the pick than go the safe route. We can definitely afford the risk and the reward could be tremendous. I posted in the NHL forum that Ho Sang reminds me of a right handed Cammalleri. Kid has dirty passing ability, great hands, great shot, great speed. He's a risky pick but has probably a top 10 ceiling in the draft.

lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by homie564 View Post
    I think Ho Sang has the higher ceiling... I'd rather have some risk behind the pick than go the safe route. We can definitely afford the risk and the reward could be tremendous. I posted in the NHL forum that Ho Sang reminds me of a right handed Cammalleri. Kid has dirty passing ability, great hands, great shot, great speed. He's a risky pick but has probably a top 10 ceiling in the draft.
    Between the two "risks" I'd rather have Goldobin. I think having a guy like Koko here would help him out a ton both on and off the ice.

Non~Bruins Watch
    Filip Forsberg

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast