Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 74
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    769
    vCash
    1500

    Let's hope Dennis Allen is that good "at the End of the Day" bla bla ...just Win Baby

    Can't wait for the Season, so pumped like everyone, love the new Team already but this is my only Question for you Guys ...CAN DA HANDLE THE JOB IS HE THE RIGHT COACH??? ..."at the End of the Day" he has to win NOW and in the Future!!!!! ....Greetings from Germany Raider Nation!!!!!

    RAIDERS TILL I DIE

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,307
    vCash
    1500
    That is awesome a Raiders fan from Germany. It is very easy for most pply to turn cheek but that is awesome that you stuck the Raiders out. Now to your question:

    DA in my opinion never had a real fair shake with the talent on the roster and had mininal to no stability with it.

    His true colors will show this season but I truly believe that him and tarver are "for sure" answers.

    I love Tarver's scheme and now he has the perfect personal for it. He loves the 3-4/4-3 hybrid and he has perrfect pieces and a great amount of young talent to mold.

    I fully expect a wild card or to compete for one of the spots this season. Also I truly belueve that the Broncos are very overrated in the sense of this. Peyton Manning is the head of the snake and the rest follows suit. Remember just last year with his neck. If we somehow or another team shakes him up a bit he may need to sit on his rocker for the rest of the year.


    Note : I never wish upon injury on anybody but from what i read last year, it is very possible that it could still happen.

    Also, Broncos are so damn old so maybe we lose to them the first gsme but what if they run oyt of gas towards the end of the year. Last year the brincos were able to take a game off with our team, I believe the last game of the year will be ours due to the amount of competition we will present to our opponents.

    Im a DA homer, but i trust in him and I am obsesed with RM and never went on the bandwagon to throw him out. I love everything about RM and I believe we will have a winner very very soon.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    PHOENIX AZ
    Posts
    2,642
    vCash
    1500
    Im indifferent on DA...I think this should be the first year he can be graded..and now with schaub and Carr...i really hope he does good so that we retain greg olsen and our system stays intact...not only is continuity from your head coach great..but the offensive system being set in stone for years seems to most beneficial...look at alex smith..he was like in 5 different systems in 5 years or something lol....

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    281
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Claudio View Post
    Can't wait for the Season, so pumped like everyone, love the new Team already but this is my only Question for you Guys ...CAN DA HANDLE THE JOB IS HE THE RIGHT COACH??? ..."at the End of the Day" he has to win NOW and in the Future!!!!! ....Greetings from Germany Raider Nation!!!!!
    At this point we can only base our opinions on the body of work DA has provided. And looking at that is not saying much. There was times when I felt he was out-coached like when Philly destroyed us 49-20. There were times last year when I felt he had lost the locker room and it showed, such as when we were blown out by Denver 34-14, KC 56-31, and NYJ 37-27 and so on. There were times when I felt he would leave players in the starting line-up for too long when it was clear they were scrubs ala Lucas Nix and Dmac early in the season.

    Now how much of that was due to a lack of talent? An injury plagued offensive line? A carousel at QB? Those are major factors that would detrimentally affect any teamís performance so Iím willing to show some understanding.

    So what do I think about DA? Heís a glorified assistant coach until he proves otherwise. But Iím hoping he proves heís the opposite and makes me stick my filthy foot in my mouth.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    7,043
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Knucklesnet View Post
    At this point we can only base our opinions on the body of work DA has provided. And looking at that is not saying much. There was times when I felt he was out-coached like when Philly destroyed us 49-20. There were times last year when I felt he had lost the locker room and it showed, such as when we were blown out by Denver 34-14, KC 56-31, and NYJ 37-27 and so on. There were times when I felt he would leave players in the starting line-up for too long when it was clear they were scrubs ala Lucas Nix and Dmac early in the season.

    Now how much of that was due to a lack of talent? An injury plagued offensive line? A carousel at QB? Those are major factors that would detrimentally affect any teamís performance so Iím willing to show some understanding.

    So what do I think about DA? Heís a glorified assistant coach until he proves otherwise. But Iím hoping he proves heís the opposite and makes me stick my filthy foot in my mouth.
    Icky.

    I'm Your Huckleberry.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    7,043
    vCash
    1500
    Guten morgen -

    The first part of DA's tenure was fraught with problems that I don't feel he has had a chance to be the coach he was hired to be. I do think he has done a fair job with what he had to work with at the time. This season is completely different, the pieces are in place. He will be able to use the entire playbook and have the personnel to do it. I believe we will not only see a different team, I think the coaches and the plays and everything will be different. I have great enthusiasm for the Raiders and what they will accomplish. Next year will be even better.

    I'm Your Huckleberry.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Hendersonville N.C.
    Posts
    3,141
    vCash
    1500
    I just want to be competitive...not the punch line to some fauking joke.

    I also hope we reach the playoffs, but my true expectations with this team is 7-9/ 8-8, anything below that this coaching staff should be evaluated.

    It's hard to defend Allen for the horrible defense he placed on the field last season...he's supposed to be a defensive expert, and we sucked so bad that they allowed record breaking numbers against us last season.

    Another thing I wanna see is development...there is yet a player on this team that's made me go, "wow." This regime's draft picks, undrafted free agents, and free agents that have come in have been average at best. I want to see them develop a freaking player for once...
    GIFSoup
    Coming to an ACC court near you.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,057
    vCash
    1500
    Considering the MESS that has existed over the last 3 years, I think DA deserves a break.
    I will expect the team to be significantly competitive this season. I'm hoping for the playoffs, but, if not, at least contending going into the last 2 weeks. We really owe KC a couple of beatings for what happened last year.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Hendersonville N.C.
    Posts
    3,141
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by dbacknick View Post
    Considering the MESS that has existed over the last 3 years, I think DA deserves a break.
    I will expect the team to be significantly competitive this season. I'm hoping for the playoffs, but, if not, at least contending going into the last 2 weeks. We really owe KC a couple of beatings for what happened last year.



    And the Bronc-a-hoes
    GIFSoup
    Coming to an ACC court near you.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    2,853
    vCash
    1500
    I have faith in DA and hope we can get to a competitive year and solid record,i feel we can at least beat kc and sd both but we will have to be on the same page.Stop those ridiculous dump offs i hate so much,luckily we have added lots to our arsenal and cant wait for september.Cant wait to see what carr has in preseason and hope hes the future.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    382
    vCash
    1500
    Not sure how to view this coming season, except to say that we are not yet ready to compete for a playoff spot.

    As to DA, Perhaps he is the coach of the future and perhaps not. This is yet to be seen. But, even if he isn't, he may still be able to provide a positive influence on the team and assist in it's reaching it's future potential.

    If any of you have followed the situation at Golden State, I think this provides a salient example of what we are dealing with here in Raider land.

    GS hired Mark Jackson to turn this team around, and instill some pride, and a winning attitude back into the franchise. Now, a few years later, with the help of the acquisitions of the front office, they have accomplished just that. Two straight years of playoiffs and a 51 win season is something to be proud of. Yet, Mark Jackson was fired.

    Does that make Mark Jackson a failure? Not in my book. He took them as far as he could based upon the talent level of his team and his coaching skills. That Warrior management decided that Mark was not the guy to take them to the next level doesn't erase the positive strides the team took during his tenure. They started a defeated and fragmented team, and became a team with a future.

    I heard someone compare this situation to that of a corporation president. When the company is small and growing, one type of management style is required. Once the company is mature, the skills of the growth manager may no longer fit the needs of the company at it's present stage. So, a new manager is brought in, with skills suited to the current situation.

    There is no way to know if DA is the guy to take us to the SB, but, at this stage of the rebuild, WHO CARES! He has taken a perennial loser and turned the attitude around. With the help of the front office, he has gotten rid of the cancers, the malcontents, and the check-cashers, and replaced them with team-oriented players. He has done the job that was required at this time in the development of the team.

    Will he be around for the next step? Who knows. He will be evaluated on the skills he displays in the next year and the question will be answered. If he is fired, you can look at it as a failure, but I won't, because he took the team from cancer to answer during his tenure. There was no more important job for him to accomplish, and even if that is the ONLY thing he accomplished, it was absolutely necessary that it BE accomplished for this team to have any chance of a successful future.
    Last edited by LesterHayes; 05-30-2014 at 02:44 PM.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    281
    vCash
    500
    Oh yeah, and if I hear Dennis Allen begin one of his sentences with ďHey ListenÖĒ even once this year during one of his press conferences? Iím going to reach through my screen and slug him in the gut. Just saying

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    PHOENIX AZ
    Posts
    2,642
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by LesterHayes View Post
    Not sure how to view this coming season, except to say that we are not yet ready to compete for a playoff spot.

    As to DA, Perhaps he is the coach of the future and perhaps not. This is yet to be seen. But, even if he isn't, he may still be able to provide a positive influence on the team and assist in it's reaching it's future potential.

    If any of you have followed the situation at Golden State, I think this provides a salient example of what we are dealing with here in Raider land.

    GS hired Mark Jackson to turn this team around, and instill some pride, and a winning attitude back into the franchise. Now, a few years later, with the help of the acquisitions of the front office, they have accomplished just that. Two straight years of playoiffs and a 51 win season is something to be proud of. Yet, Mark Jackson was fired.

    Does that make Mark Jackson a failure? Not in my book. He took them as far as he could based upon the talent level of his team and his coaching skills. That Warrior management decided that Mark was not the guy to take them to the next level doesn't erase the positive strides the team took during his tenure. They started a defeated and fragmented team, and became a team with a future.

    I heard someone compare this situation to that of a corporation president. When the company is small and growing, one type of management style is required. Once the company is mature, the skills of the growth manager may no longer fit the needs of the company at it's present stage. So, a new manager is brought in, with skills suited to the current situation.

    There is no way to know if DA is the guy to take us to the SB, but, at this stage of the rebuild, WHO CARES! He has taken a perennial loser and turned the attitude around. With the help of the front office, he has gotten rid of the cancers, the malcontents, and the check-cashers, and replaced them with team-oriented players. He has done the job that was required at this time in the development of the team.

    Will he be around for the next step? Who knows. He will be evaluated on the skills he displays in the next year and the question will be answered. If he is fired, you can look at it as a failure, but I won't, because he took the team from cancer to answer during his tenure. There was no more important job for him to accomplish, and even if that is the ONLY thing he accomplished, it was absolutely necessary that it BE accomplished for this team to have any chance of a successful future.
    im hoping that he was the wrong guy during the growth process ha ha...so now he is the right guy now that we have more veterans and resemble teams he was more accustomed to coaching with..IE denver and new orleans. the only guys that would have been right guys during the deconstruct would be coaches who had previous experience in such a thing...which with how much deconstruct we did...i dont know if there were any??

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,288
    vCash
    1500
    Dennis Allen has been a doormat to date, Belechick started out the same way.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Santa Maria Ca,
    Posts
    1,918
    vCash
    1500
    All I can say is excusess are like A Holes everyone has one DA seems to have had way more than one. Maybe the players were the A Holes he had I don't know but hope this year is different. No more excuess or A Holes on this team.

    And you are what your record says you are.
    Sure liked the two years before DA and RM 1 game away from playoffs.
    And some say we are better off today.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •