Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

ESPN's 30 for 30: Soccer stories

There's 8 different stories: Hillsborough, The Opposition (about Chile and their use of a field that was being used a concentration camp), Maradona '86, Ceasefire Massacre, The Myth of Garrincha, Mysteries of the Rimet Trophy, Barbosa: The Man Who Made All of Brazil Cry, White, Blue and White (about Ossie Ardiles and Ricky Villa).

Has anyone watched any of these? 30 for 30 is generally amazing and now they're all on Netflix so I'll be watching them over the next couple of days.

vCash
    I've watched Maradona, Garrincha, Ceasefire and Jules Rimet. My favorite was the Garrincha episode, he was such an unheralded hero.

vCash
    The Hillsborough one is really hard to watch
    "whoever started is a retardedd" - Marco Reus aka TO aka Karen aka Karan

"Him and Greene make like not make a mistake" - Hacob

"I love watching him, he just stands and bangs" - DIRK

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDrive View Post
    I've watched Maradona, Garrincha, Ceasefire and Jules Rimet. My favorite was the Garrincha episode, he was such an unheralded hero.
    My father who actually watch those 50s/60s players play says Garrincha was indeed better than pele but that he drank his career away.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellcrooner View Post
    My father who actually watch those 50s/60s players play says Garrincha was indeed better than pele but that he drank his career away.
    my dad and uncles say that pele was overrated. that garrincha was better. i think hoops and i have had a convo over the espn garrincha video before

vCash
    the old timers in Brazil all believe that Garrincha was more skilled than Pele and it's hard to disagree, from what I've seen Garrincha is the GOAT dribbler and possibly the most skilled player ever

my father side are all Flamengo fans though so they all prefer Zico

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlznerson View Post
    The Hillsborough one is really hard to watch
    I happened to catch it as well and it was extremely hard to watch as I myself have been a Liverpool fan for years.
    NYG SB CHAMPS

JFT96