Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Drinking the Kool-aid

sooooo... certainly a lot to worry about. No argument there. I just wanted to start a thread to focus on the positive.

A guy at work, I talk football with a lot, was asking me about the cowboys today... I heard myself talk, and saw his face... Before he said anything, and I new what was coming and said... "stop. please.. just give me this. give me the offseason. let me be happy now.... don't crush anything yet"
    ( if you absolutely cant find any positives on this team, and you must post, feel free to go back to the 95 team, and relive the glory days, lol)

so to everyone... give me this one thread. I know. you know. but, just give me this. I need it. thank you.

soooo..... with that in mind..

Did anyone else realize that Zack Martin, our 1st round draft pick, is actually older then both Fredrick, and Tyron Smith?!?!

Im super excited about our line. IMO, that was an extremely wise investment. Superbowls are won in the trenches. And we have a lot of youth up here on the offensive side of it. Tyron, Fredrick, and martin. We may end up with one of the best lines in the NFL.

Even if our defense is horrible, if we can control the clock, give tony some time, then, hey.

IMO, we are superset, have an ELITE, top in the nfl (well, not top top, but top 2-5 range) at WR, and offensive line. And that's a darn good position to be near the top at. Williams is something to keep your eye on. I think we got a diamond there gentleman. we already know what we got in dez. awesomeness. and the others, they all have at least shown flashes. I actually am very fond of harris.

on the line, I think that Fredrick pick last year was genius now.( don't want to get in that debate again, lol... I mean, he has been worth the pick, don't want to get into weather we could have still gotten him in the 2nd.)

tyron.. perhaps the best player on our team????? dif. and argument.. and at his age, only going to get better. dif. a garrett guy.

someone that's going to stay hungry, and keep working. great character. love it.

lets go to a happy place gentleman. if you cant find anything great about this team, feel free to go back and talk about our glory years. lets stay all positive though. even if we have to go all the way back to 95

vCash
    I agree but several things..
    You forgot about how BEASTLY D Murray was towards the end of last year (he needs the ball more.. ALOT MORE)

Romo's back (of course).. Still love romo though

Play calling .. Game management always a big issue.

Defense.. And here are those issues
    Dline- we brought in some solid guys, but can they stay healthy, learn the system and be productive?

Lb - lee out for the year sucks but can the Hitchens pick make Jerry look like a genius?.. I know they want to "ease'' him in but who knows if this kid takes that huge step and dominates, if not can the other guys we have (Carter, Durant, Wilber, Holloman, Lemon etc) step up and be solid?

secondary in general but mainly

Can Carr earn most of his pay?
    scandrick continue to improve and be good
    Claiborne finally produce and stay healthy?

Church is solid but whos going to be next to him? Wilcox? Johnson? Dixon? Heath??? <--YIKES

BIG Questions to go with TOUGH schedule lol

Still i always have hope

vCash
    Go to your happy place...

Just got home from vacation and all week on the beach I was reading the boys will be boys glory days book. It made me so sad that I missed that dynasty and they'll never return to that point.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rawz View Post
    sooooo... certainly a lot to worry about. No argument there. I just wanted to start a thread to focus on the positive.

A guy at work, I talk football with a lot, was asking me about the cowboys today... I heard myself talk, and saw his face... Before he said anything, and I new what was coming and said... "stop. please.. just give me this. give me the offseason. let me be happy now.... don't crush anything yet"
    ( if you absolutely cant find any positives on this team, and you must post, feel free to go back to the 95 team, and relive the glory days, lol)

so to everyone... give me this one thread. I know. you know. but, just give me this. I need it. thank you.

soooo..... with that in mind..

Did anyone else realize that Zack Martin, our 1st round draft pick, is actually older then both Fredrick, and Tyron Smith?!?!

Im super excited about our line. IMO, that was an extremely wise investment. Superbowls are won in the trenches. And we have a lot of youth up here on the offensive side of it. Tyron,

Fredrick, and martin. We may end up with one of the best lines in the NFL.

Even if our defense is horrible, if we can control the clock, give tony some time, then, he
    y.

IMO, we are superset, have an ELITE, top in the nfl (well, not top top, but top 2-5 range) at WR, and offensive line. And that's a darn good position to be near the top at. Williams is something to keep your eye on. I think we got a diamond there gentleman. we already know what we got in dez. awesomeness. and the others, they all have at least shown flashes. I actually am very fond of harris.

on the line, I think that Fredrick pick last year was genius now.( don't want to get in that debate

again, lol... I mean, he has been worth the pick, don't want to get into weather we could have still gotten him in the 2nd.)

tyron.. perhaps the best player on our team????? dif. and argument.. and at his age, only going to get better. dif. a garrett guy.

someone that's going to stay hungry, and keep working. great character. love it.

lets go to a happy place gentleman. if you cant find anything great about this team, feel free to go back and talk about our glory years. lets stay all positive though. even if we have to go all the way back to 95

The first positive a lot of people would mention does come on the offensive side of the ball. Yes we probably will have one of the best lines in the NFL and what is most likely the future best offensive line in the NFL. Our receivers are young and very talented. T Williams is going to explode this year. So will Gavin Escobar and D Murray ,,if healthy may be a top 5 back. Not to mention we have the best FG kicker in the NFL and a top 5 return guy.

So the cool aid to me comes from justifying the defense being top 10. Thing is theres no way to even evaluate it, with so many ? and so many people coming off injuries. For all we know Church improves even more , Wilcox is as good as they say, Claiborne becomes a player and the D line moves pan out . If that happens we are in the mix. Thats about as plain as i can put it. Not a crazy lot to ask for . Not with all the so called coaching geniuses Jerry is paying this year. Add in the rookies and iv seen bigger miracles for sure.

vCash
    Denver, however kind of crushed the hopes of every team that has a good offense and bad defense of ever beating Seatle. Teams like the Eagles and the Cowboys know they can't win without drastic improvement on defense.

vCash
    Good stuff, stay positive. No one really knows what will happen im reminded of that every year in fantasy football. It makes me think of the year the Giants beat the Patriots to win it all, that team built an identity in the last half of the season not in the offseason. Who knows who will show up this year and when? I refuse to believe we are done before the games have even been played. I love watching my team do something everyone said we cant.

vCash
    1. We have a sophomore center and a rookie guard and people are already assuming we're going to end up having the best offensive line in the NFL. Seriously guys, you're getting ahead of yourselves; this isn't Madden where you draft a player and he suddenly makes your team better; this is the real world, there's a ton of transition and variables. We're still missing a RT and a lot of things have to come together for that to work.

2. Control the clock? Seriously? You want a play maker in Romo and an off injured running back and yet you think we're going to control the clock? You have to change your offensive scheme from pass first to balanced to control the clock. This is something Dallas has avoided doing since the early 90's. This team has had solid offensive lines in the past and have opted for gun slinger's behind center because it sells more tickets and merchandise. Suddenly Dallas is going to change their entire offensive scheme?

3. Super bowls are not won in the trenches; well it depends on which side of the trench you're talking about. They're won more by defenses than anything else so i disagree with this:

Even if our defense is horrible, if we can control the clock, give tony some time, then, hey
    Please find me a horrible defense that has won a superbowl in the last 20 years. Hell the last 14 Super Bowl winners were:
    Seahawks (1)
    Ravens (2)
    Giants (2)
    Patriots (3)
    Buccs (1)
    Colts (1)
    Steelers (2)
    Packers (1)
    Saints (1)

which one of those defenses were horrible?

4. Elite at WR and offensive line? I can't even wrap my mind around this. How does one even come to that conclusion? the 2014 draft picks haven't even played a single snap, but suddenly we're top 2-5?

5. We are once again following my post about "The Cowboy fan's routine."

Pretty sure we're in the phrase where people are justifying the draft and boasting about how great Dallas is going to be.

It's the same song and dance for the last 20 years, but i definitely agree with the title of this thread.
    Last edited by thedon01; 05-30-2014 at 07:00 PM.

"
    No Idea Why Ines Sainz Was Her assed"

vCash
    Lol our defense is gonna be so bad this year. This is the first year in a while I don't think we have a shot at the playoffs.

vCash
    I think we will have a top 10 defense (if mostly healthy) this year because Rod will let the secondary play to their strength ( man) and the D line will be better with another year with the young guys and the addition of Melton and Crawford as well as the rotational players we signed. I also think Holloman will have a break out season. I am very excited about this year. I also think we will have a top 5 Offense.

vCash
    So we'll go from franchise worst two years in a row to a top ten unit without Lee, ware and Hatcher?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by notoriousbig21 View Post
    So we'll go from franchise worst two years in a row to a top ten unit without Lee, ware and Hatcher?
    Drunk off koolaid

"

vCash
    I think some people forgot that Raws requested that this be a positive thread.

I like that were rebuilding our O-line. We are getting younger and have more depth. Even our salary cap situation is slowly moving in the right direction.
    I see a lot of negatives too but I won't mention them here in the positive thread. lol

vCash
    well request or not we all have the right to speak how we feel.

Sure there's positives, but taking a minor element and stretching it with exaggeration is not being positive.

"

vCash
    Well I think The Don is correct with his defense thread. I don't really know just how accurate it is because I'm a fan of defense and could be somewhat bias at times but I'll shoot out a positive.

I think we have good depth on our D-line and hopefully Melton and Crawford can get into game shape fast after suffering the injuries last season. I think Lawrence will develop into a good DE. If we can have a good season to build on and grab a starter or 2 in free agency next year and have a solid draft we have a good chance at people starting to talk about us about being in the mix for the NFC again.

I do like the direction the o-line is going in, but I would still like to replace Free at RT and see how Leary plays at G this season. He may also be just a back up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The manster View Post
    Well I think The Don is correct with his defense thread. I don't really know just how accurate it is because I'm a fan of defense and could be somewhat bias at times but I'll shoot out a positive.

I think we have good depth on our D-line and hopefully Melton and Crawford can get into game shape fast after suffering the injuries last season. I think Lawrence will develop into a good DE. If we can have a good season to build on and grab a starter or 2 in free agency next year and have a solid draft we have a good chance at people starting to talk about us about being in the mix for the NFC again.

I do like the direction the o-line is going in, but I would still like to replace Free at RT and see how Leary plays at G this season. He may also be just a back up.
    imo this the quote above is the proper way to look at it.

You realize that they need more than a single draft and mediocre free agency to be competitive. You see that they're adding pieces and also understand that they still have to develop while not forgetting that it's a marathon not a sprint.

If Dallas is acquiring 2 starters each draft, they'll need 3-4 drafts and a lackluster division to get into the playoffs. Now if Dallas was to acquire a minimum of three starters per draft with the occasional 4th it could speed up the process.

They're adding smart players who appear to be workhorses on the offensive line. As long as they progress correctly, avoid injuries, and are able to be kept in prime year contracts the offensive line has a good chance to evolve into something productive for quite some time, but no one should be calling us a top 2-5 offensive line as this point in time.

It's ironic how some can say "give it time before we know if the draft picks were the right picks", but simultaneously assert we're elite during that same waiting process.

Melton is a low risk high reward guy imo. And we aren't sure how Crawford will play as well as hoping that Lawrence doesn't drift in character. If all goes as people hope then it's a huge success, but the likelihood of that happening is slim; too many questions to be confident imo. At least 3/5 positions on the offensive line are filled with guys who have a tract record of dependability. I'd feel more confident in the offensive line over the defensive line any day of the week.

My hopes are that some fans don't get too ahead of themselves because they crave the removal of the monkey on their back. Sometimes people are so desperate to prove others wrong that they end up digging a deeper hole.

This team has made conscious efforts to correct some mistakes. Avoiding Manzel was a smart move and appeared to be a change in direction. Now whether or not the front office can stick to this change and not revert under pressure has yet to be seen, hence why people shouldn't get ahead of themselves. Remember Dallas is still a .500 team. There's still a long way to go.

Not to forget as this team continues to add smart pieces to the puzzle other problems will arise such as the next QB and HB and hopefully no departures from previous draft choices who have been solid contributors. Some think Dallas is elite when it comes to terms with the WR department based on the rookie season of one of the WR's. It takes a minimum of 3 seasons to conclude whether or not a draft pick was the right choice.

IMO Dallas needs to value draft picks more conservatively by not getting rid of picks between rounds 1-5 or accepting so little in return, avoid extreme character flawed guys, maintain a minimum of 43% success rate from each draft, begin to address problems before they arise, change the offensive scheme into a more balanced approach, digress from large contracts that don't net the majority of prime years, create a solid dual back system, overhaul the scouting department, and begin to look for a college head coach (Pac 10) who will have autonomy, and add low risk high reward free agents (unless a premier free agent hits the market).

If that model is followed correctly i think 3 years from now Dallas could be a major threat in the NFC.
    Last edited by thedon01; 05-31-2014 at 03:44 PM.

"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast