Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Clay Buchholz to 15 day DL due to hyperextended left knee; Rubby De La Rosa to start

BOSTON (CBS) — The Red Sox have placed right-handed pitcher Clay Buchholz on the 15-day disabled list (retroactive to Tuesday) due to a hyperextended left knee.
    Right-Handed Pitcher Alex Wilson has been recalled from Triple-A Pawtucket.
    Buchholz met with manager John Farrell and pitching coach Juan Nieves around 4 p.m. on Wednesday, prior to Buchholz throwing a bullpen session.
    Buchholz looked terrible in his outing on Monday in Atlanta, when he walked eight batters while allowing six earned runs in just three innings. He blamed the heat for wearing him down after he hit a clean single to right field in the top of the third inning. He allowed three hits and three walks in the bottom of that inning, and he allowed a double and two walks before getting pulled in the bottom of the fourth without recording an out.
    Farrell said on Tuesday that Buchholz lost seven pounds during the start.
    “I was definitely dehydrated. I had some heat exhaustion,” Buchholz told WBZ NewsRadio’s Jonny Miller on Wednesday. “I grew up around that sort of heat, but it’s been a good while since I’ve pitched in something like that. I’m not using that as an excuse. I didn’t do my job that day.”
    It capped off a four-game stretch for Buchholz in which he’s posted a 9.50 ERA over 18 innings, allowing 33 hits and 15 walks.
    On the year, Buchholz is 2-4 with a 7.02 ERA. Opponents own a .339 batting average against him. This comes after last year’s 12-1 record, 1.74 ERA and .199 opponents’ batting average.
    http://boston.cbslocal.com/2014/05/2...-on-15-day-dl/

vCash
    smokescreen to get him on the DL. Fix his head and body. See you sometime after Aug 15th when it starts to cool down so you won't lose all that weight on humid nights.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Supposedly he hyperextended the knee on his hit. Er, no, wait, it was on a pitch to Heyward. WTF? At least get the story straight before you try to spin this thing FO.

Are folks still thinking that RDLR is going to be a SP? Heard his name, along with Webster, as possibilities for Buchholz' slot. If he's the power arm joining the back end of the bullpen in the future then I'd rather see Webster.

vCash
    Yeah, Bucholz has been playing injured IMO for a while, let's hope this time on the DL helps heal him and makes him a better pitcher.
    Favourite Teams:

Boston Red Sox: 46-52, games this week vs. Blue Jays (4), Rays (3)
    Indianapolis Colts: Good draft and off-season so far.
    Looking for new NBA team to cheer for
    Ottawa Senators: 37-31-14, season over, free agency begins this week.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSoxtober View Post
    Supposedly he hyperextended the knee on his hit. Er, no, wait, it was on a pitch to Heyward. WTF? At least get the story straight before you try to spin this thing FO.

Are folks still thinking that RDLR is going to be a SP? Heard his name, along with Webster, as possibilities for Buchholz' slot. If he's the power arm joining the back end of the bullpen in the future then I'd rather see Webster.
    Well the Red Sox do since he's still starting in the minors. I'd like to see him get starts just so they can make a decision on his future. He started the season completely dominant for most of April, then had 3 or so starts in a row where he had no control. His last two starts have been good again.

vCash
    Ranaudo was spotted pre-game with suitcases around his locker, but the righty told reporters in Pawtucket that he will start Sunday on the PawSox’s upcoming road trip. Webster is currently slated to take the mound for the PawSox on Friday. De La Rosa was scratched from his scheduled start and with Jeremy Kehrt taking the mound in his place on Thursday.

PawSox manager Kevin Boles said that De La Rosa was being “pushed back a couple of days.”

Asked whether De La Rosa was in play for Saturday’€™s start, Boles was mum.

“€œI have nothing on that,”€ť Boles said. “Just saying we’€™re pushing him back a couple of days.”
    weei.com

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by -Lavigne43- View Post
    Well the Red Sox do since he's still starting in the minors. I'd like to see him get starts just so they can make a decision on his future. He started the season completely dominant for most of April, then had 3 or so starts in a row where he had no control. His last two starts have been good again.
    They also had Bowden as a SP in Pawtucket and he only made two starts for the Sox.

vCash
    Sean_McAdam
    Rubby de la Rosa will start Saturday in Buchholz's spot. Farrell cited PAW staff recommendation as big reason

vCash
    Adios, Clay.

vCash
    With Clay Buchholz sidelined by a hyperextended right knee and a 7.02 ERA, the Red Sox will call up right-hander Rubby De La Rosa from Triple-A Pawtucket to start tomorrow night against the Rays.

De La Rosa gets the nod over fellow Triple-A right-hander Allen Webster. After posting a 1.19 ERA in his first three starts, De La Rosa has a 4.40 ERA over his last six, although he tossed six scoreless innings last weekend against Syracuse.

It is De La Rosa’s first major league start since July 31, 2011 with the Dodgers.
    Boston Herald.

vCash
    Couldn't have been much better. He looked pretty great.

vCash
    The team scratched the simulated game starter Clay Buchholz (knee) was supposed to throw, opting instead to have him continue to focus on bullpen work. He will work in the ’pen again tomorrow and then pitch the simulated game Saturday at Fenway Park before a game against the Detroit Tigers.
    Boston Herald.

vCash
    The next test for embattled right-hander Clay Buchholz will come Friday when he starts for Pawtucket. The right-hander is scheduled to throw five innings.

Buchholz, on the disabled list with a knee injury, tossed 48 pitches over three simulated innings Sunday. . . .
    Boston Herald

vCash
    After making a rehab start Saturday for Pawtucket, right-hander Clay Buchholz said he preferred to make his next start with the Red Sox.

It won’t happen that way.

Because Buchholz threw only 62 pitches in 42⁄3 innings, the Sox will have him make at least one more Triple-A start. He’s scheduled to get into the 90-pitch range tomorrow, which would put him in line to rejoin the rotation.

Farrell said the Red Sox were pleased with the mechanical adjustments made by Buchholz since he went on the disabled list with a hyperextended knee and fragile confidence. Buchholz also met again yesterday with former Sox sports psychologist Bob Tewksbury, who works in a similar capacity for the players’ union.
    Boston Herald