Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Indianapolis NFL Visit !

Hi all Colts fans

Uk based NFL fan, player and football coach and for my sins Redskins fan................ needs your help

I will be attending the Colts Vs Redskins Game in November with my good friend and team mate (A die hard UK based Colts Fan) and we will be visiting your great city for the first time and hoping to experience 'Thanks Giving Day' Football first hand.

This is wear i need your help, we are staying in the city centre for 6 nights 26th till 2nd Dec and would love an insiders guide on wear to go? what to do? how to get Hoosiers tickets ?

Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated, thanx and look forward to your replys

Regards

Lawrence (Redskins) and Adam (Colts)

P.S Colts are my fav AFC team

vCash
    I you like some horseradish...you need to head to either St Elmos or Harry and Izzys (they share a kitchen downtown) and get the shrimp cocktail.

vCash
    Attractions:
    Bankers Life Fieldhouse - Since you're coming in November, some American basketball is always fun. Bankers Life is a classic fieldhouse environment. There isn't a single section I've found that doesn't have a good view of the floor.

Indianapolis Children's Museum - The largest children's museum in the United States. The 4-D IMAX is very good. Many cool exhibits that appeal even to adults. Multiple floors that pertain to science, history, and more.

Indianapolis Zoo and Botanical Gardens - While the Indianapolis Zoo is a smaller zoo, it is still very enjoyable and showcases a lot of animals in such a small area. The dolphin show and underwater viewing area is very cool. There is a new orangutan area that is supposed to be one-of-a-kind. Has polar and black bears, African animals, tigers, shark exhibits.

Indianapolis Speedway - The Speedway is a great place to see the history of the Indy 500 and Brickyard. Touring the Hall of Fame museum is a lot of fun and has lots of great racing memorabilia; cars, championship trophies, and all.

NCAA Hall of Champions - Home of the NCAA, college sports headquarters. It is a quick tour, but it has plenty of history about American college football, basketball, baseball, etc.

Restaurants:

Broad Ripple - There are lots of small local restaurants, micro-breweries, clubs for dancing and comedy.

St. Elmo's - A very good steak restaurant. Has great appetizers and sides. A bit pricey though, about $20-$40 a plate.

Harry & Izzy's - Very similar to St. Elmo's. Pricey, about $20-$40 a plate.

Scotty's Brewhouse - A great burger place. Has something like 12 different custom burgers such a peanut butter burger (Very tasty. I've had this one before and I loved it.), Jalapeno burger, blue cheese, bison burger. About $8-$15 a plate.

Slippery Noodle - A small hell in the wall restaurant that is a great Colts pregame bar. The food is tasty and reasonably priced, about $8-$15 a plate, but don't expect comfort on gameday; the place is stuffed.

Old Spaghetti Factory - Very reasonably priced. About $8-$15 a plate. A classic Americana-Italian restaurant with an old trolley car turned into booth seating. Great family restaurant. Make reservations. Can be very busy on the weekends or evenings after 5.

Hardrock Cafe - The classic rock'n'roll restaurant that can be found in any city, country, continent.

Cracker's Comedy Club - There is one both downtown Indianapolis and in Broad Ripple. A great place to get cheap bar food and catch a comedian. Dinner and show restaurant. About $8-$15 a plate.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cardinals1226 View Post
    Attractions:
    Bankers Life Fieldhouse - Since you're coming in November, some American basketball is always fun. Bankers Life is a classic fieldhouse environment. There isn't a single section I've found that doesn't have a good view of the floor.

Indianapolis Children's Museum - The largest children's museum in the United States. The 4-D IMAX is very good. Many cool exhibits that appeal even to adults. Multiple floors that pertain to science, history, and more.

Indianapolis Zoo and Botanical Gardens - While the Indianapolis Zoo is a smaller zoo, it is still very enjoyable and showcases a lot of animals in such a small area. The dolphin show and underwater viewing area is very cool. There is a new orangutan area that is supposed to be one-of-a-kind. Has polar and black bears, African animals, tigers, shark exhibits.

Indianapolis Speedway - The Speedway is a great place to see the history of the Indy 500 and Brickyard. Touring the Hall of Fame museum is a lot of fun and has lots of great racing memorabilia; cars, championship trophies, and all.

NCAA Hall of Champions - Home of the NCAA, college sports headquarters. It is a quick tour, but it has plenty of history about American college football, basketball, baseball, etc.

Restaurants:

Broad Ripple - There are lots of small local restaurants, micro-breweries, clubs for dancing and comedy.

St. Elmo's - A very good steak restaurant. Has great appetizers and sides. A bit pricey though, about $20-$40 a plate.

Harry & Izzy's - Very similar to St. Elmo's. Pricey, about $20-$40 a plate.

Scotty's Brewhouse - A great burger place. Has something like 12 different custom burgers such a peanut butter burger (Very tasty. I've had this one before and I loved it.), Jalapeno burger, blue cheese, bison burger. About $8-$15 a plate.

Slippery Noodle - A small hell in the wall restaurant that is a great Colts pregame bar. The food is tasty and reasonably priced, about $8-$15 a plate, but don't expect comfort on gameday; the place is stuffed.

Old Spaghetti Factory - Very reasonably priced. About $8-$15 a plate. A classic Americana-Italian restaurant with an old trolley car turned into booth seating. Great family restaurant. Make reservations. Can be very busy on the weekends or evenings after 5.

Hardrock Cafe - The classic rock'n'roll restaurant that can be found in any city, country, continent.

Cracker's Comedy Club - There is one both downtown Indianapolis and in Broad Ripple. A great place to get cheap bar food and catch a comedian. Dinner and show restaurant. About $8-$15 a plate.

This is a great post. You can get IU tickets online as long as the game isnt sold out. I think students have priority.

Like Cards said, Downtown and Broad Ripple are the big bar and restaurant areas in the city. (I work at Hot Box Pizza in Broad Ripple)

Broad Ripple specifically is wall to wall clubs and bars. Some i can recommend are Chumleys for beer (huge microbrew selection on tap), The Vogue for dancing (they get a lot of the bigger acts that come through town), The Mokeys Tail for Karaoke (sundays specifically are pretty busy, 'Monkey Idol' on Tuesday) The Alley Cat for that end of the night Dive (overpour like crazy, also has 4 pool tables) <---usually shwasted by the time you get here. Just off broad ripple is the mouse trap (54th and keystone) Its pretty much a hippy bar with a lot of smaller music acts that are usually pretty quality.

If you end up in Broad ripple, i work Fridays and Saturdays (the busiest days, which i assume is when you would go out) and we are open until 4 A.M. on those days. come say hi.

We have a couple of really nice malls too, downtown we have Circle Center Mall and Castleton Square Mall in Castleton. Also in Lawrence there is Fort Benjamin Harrison which holds a ton of history dating back to the 1800's when Benjamin Harrison was president (and one of the best microbreweries in state IMO resides there in Triton Brewing Company)

I would really recommend checking out a Pacers game, They are a ton of fun and we have the two best stadiums in the country in Bankers Life Fieldhouse and Lucas Oil. Its worth seeing and experiencing both

As far as restaurants, other than the ones mentioned, theres Bubs Burgers and Ice Cream in Carmel (a higher income area just north of indianapolis. They are popular for their MASSIVE Burgers featured on the Man vs. Food TV show.

Theres also Shapiros Deli which was rated one of the top 6 Kosher delis in the country. Boogie Burgers, Thai Cafe(Thai), Shalimar (Indian), Pocaddio(Moroccan) and Bazbeauxs (Pizza) in Broad Ripple.
    Last edited by ombada; 05-29-2014 at 01:18 AM.

"In my eyes, life is likened to christian ideology... its molded into three parts best described by the divine comedy; inferno, purgatorio and paradiso. You can live it in self loathing and pity, obscurity and ambiguity, or with beauty and elegance. Does that make the ideology truth? no, it makes it an irrelevent metaphor." ;p

vCash
    Is Bubs Burgers the place man vs food went?

Also not sure if anyone mentioned this, but the 500 museum may be open at that time. I haven't been in years, but it was always a fun trip.

HA...I work about 2 miles from the Fort, and our sister trucking company has their offices right next to Triton...I think it is Triton at least...I know it is a brewery. Is Triton in those long skinny buildings?

That also reminds me. A great hole in the wall around the Fort is Papa Roux.

EDIT: Yup just confirmed on Google Maps that is Triton in the building next our sister company.
    Last edited by matthollabak; 05-29-2014 at 03:57 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by matthollabak View Post
    Is Bubs Burgers the place man vs food went?

Also not sure if anyone mentioned this, but the 500 museum may be open at that time. I haven't been in years, but it was always a fun trip.

HA...I work about 2 miles from the Fort, and our sister trucking company has their offices right next to Triton...I think it is Triton at least...I know it is a brewery. Is Triton in those long skinny buildings?

That also reminds me. A great hole in the wall around the Fort is Papa Roux.

EDIT: Yup just confirmed on Google Maps that is Triton in the building next our sister company.
    Yes. The big greasy.

vCash
    You have to go to St. Elmos. O and since your not from America go find a White Castle.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by midnightrider28 View Post
    You have to go to St. Elmos. O and since your not from America go find a White Castle.
    I always forget that most people don't have a White Castle 5 minutes away from their house...love me some sliders. For someone's first time with them I wouldn't plan on doing much about 1-2 hours afterwards though. They call them sliders for a reason.

vCash
    Thanx for all the input guys, keep it coming Where will be the best place to watch the Thanksgiving games ????????

vCash
    the steak 'n shake in circle centre is a staple after a night of drinking