Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Braves call up Tommy La Stella

Quote Originally Posted by beldugo View Post
    Our prayers have been heard, Tommy La Stella has been called up to the bigs.

Mark Bowman ‏@mlbbowman 13 min
    The #Braves have promoted Tommy La Stella to the Majors. A corresponding move has not been announced.
    I was wishing for a designation for assignment to Uggla, but that's not the case.

Have not yet confirmed the corresponding move, but Uggla will stick w/ the club. La Stella is expected to be in Boston tonight.
    I hope neither Gattis or Simmons to DL.
    credit to beldugo for breaking the news first. I just figured this deserved it's own thread beldugo..hope you don't mind.

Final-****in-ly. We get this kid up.
    Last edited by BRAVE KID; 05-28-2014 at 02:01 PM.

vCash
    Pastro optioned to AAA. I love it. Gives us another lefty and a patient hitter in the lineup.

vCash
    I believe La Stella has until the all star break to prove himself if not we might need to look at the market, a player I really want is Daniel Murphy, but I hope La Stella can prove himself so we don't have to lose any assets via trade.

vCash
    Go ahead and release Uggla. If you dont believe we should, then please read this article. It will explain what you are suffering from.

http://youarenotsosmart.com/2011/03/...-cost-fallacy/
    El Oso Blanco

vCash
    FINALLY... La Stella is exactly what we need.

He puts the ball in play. We know what can happen when you put the ball in play. Iím tired of strikeouts with runners on third with less than two outs. Iím tired of everyone trying to hit homeruns on every at bat. Other than Freeman, I donít think anyone changes their hitting approach with two strikes, if they are, its not working. La Stella brings patience, a line drive stroke, and a great knowledge of the strike zone to the table.

He can be our Dustin Pedroia or Carpenter. I can dream!!!
    El Oso Blanco

vCash
    This was Great news to wake up to!

vCash
    would love to see him hitting 2nd, getting on base before freeman

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by howiend View Post
    would love to see him hitting 2nd, getting on base before freeman
    Hopefully he is just hitting 7 to break him in and he will eventually move to second in the order.

vCash
    Need to start him higher as soon as possible. 2-4 needs to be in the top, not the bottom.

vCash
    So this is what we were waiting for? Terrible defense and doesn't hit. He fits right in.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iamaj View Post
    So this is what we were waiting for? Terrible defense and doesn't hit. He fits right in.
    Uggla has a terrible arm but at least he catches what you throw to him most of the time.

vCash
    Two games and we are throwing this kid to the wolves. I'm pretty sure there have been vets that have come into Fenway and not produced. I'm willing to give him a little slack. 1-Hitting 8th for probably the 1st time in his career. 2-Playing in front of a sold out ballpark. 3-Trying to hard to prove why he is here. 4-I could go on and on. Once he learns where he needs to be and just settles in he will produce.

vCash
    Dude he has played 2 games and has 2 hits. That's better than the .156 combined avg that uggla, pastor and Pena were giving you.
    Smart Person List: BRAVE KID, Beldugo, flea, Jeffy25, The Crow (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2GMcjNyAyI)

vCash
    A bit surprised you would say something like this. But then again, TLS has been hyped up a lot in Braves Nation so it wouldn't surprise me to see folks get on him for not producing immediately.

He'll hit north of .260 and if he keeps his OBP around or above .350 ish. You'll appreciate his game.

vCash
    6 for his first 15 with 3 multi-hit games (out of his first 5) to go along with 2 BB and 0 K's so far.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast