Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: E.J. Manuel

vCash

E.J. Manuel

@buffalobills 7m
    Manuel: watched every 2013 #Bills game twice, then started to study other QBs - A. Rodgers, C. Kaepernick, R. Wilson, and D. Brees.
    I don't know what the future holds for Manuel, but you absolutely cannot fault him for his work ethic. E.J. puts the time in both on the field and in the film room. If ultimately he does not succeed as the QB for this franchise, it won't be because he didn't work his tail off. As a fan, I really appreciate this kind of effort and dedication.

1934 1938 1961 2010 2013

vCash
    The future of this team is on Manuel's shoulders. Knowing this, it is great that he is putting in the work throughout this off season.

I know I sound like a broken record, but as a huge Bills fan, I cannot stop from being worried about 3 knee injuries in a rookie year. One injury is easy to shake off. 2 injuries makes you start to wonder. 3 injuries to the same knee is a real cause for concern and I am shocked that our GM doesn't have a plan B just incase. When we look ahead at the season, it is safer to assume he gets hurt again, rather than assuming he will not get hurt and Thad Lewis is efficient for us to not need anyone else in a long term scenario.

vCash
    I'm not worried about EJ's knees...he's never had issues in the past and none of the injuries were major injuries. EJ has a great work ethic, which is why I'm not ready to give him the boot after 2 yrs. He would have to be absolutely terrible this season for me to give up on him. We all knew what he was coming in...a little bit of a project. Therefore, we should judge him as one. My main concerns with him is his lack of risk taking, constantly checking down, and his hesitance to pull the ball down and run. These are all fixable things...so we'll see.

vCash
    Not worried about the knee injuries either. He was rushed back a few times this year and didn't take the time to be 100% healthy, in turn he re injured it.. but nothing major.

I don't remember us having a QB with this kind of work ethic in the last few years... lets hope it works out

Leafs, Raps, Jays, and Bills fan!

vCash
    Have you guys heard eminem's song buffalo bill?

vCash
    I don't know if anyone listens to WGR or Paul Hamilton, but according to them, it may be time to be concerned about EJ's talent.

According to Paul Hamilton, with no pass rush, EJ is overthrowing Sammy Watkins by at least ten yards every single throw. Marrone then practiced fade passes in the endzone, and again EJ, with no pass rush, threw it out of bounds 5 times in a row, making Marrone quit the drill, due to the media response while watching. UH Oh.

I know its just practice, but do we think other QBs in the league with talent, are unable to throw a fade in practice. Paul Hamilton said if he had to guess and put a number on it, EJ threw 5 out of 40 completions today.
    Last edited by sabres11; 06-10-2014 at 03:22 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sabres11 View Post
    I don't know if anyone listens to WGR or Paul Hamilton, but according to them, it may be time to be concerned about EJ's talent.

According to Paul Hamilton, with no pass rush, EJ is overthrowing Sammy Watkins by at least ten yards every single throw. Marrone then practiced fade passes in the endzone, and again EJ, with no pass rush, threw it out of bounds 5 times in a row, making Marrone quit the drill, due to the media response while watching. UH Oh.

I know its just practice, but do we think other QBs in the league with talent, are unable to throw a fade in practice. Paul Hamilton said if he had to guess and put a number on it, EJ threw 5 out of 40 completions today.
    I'm sure most of the people in here will just say they're not worried, blah...blah. But I'm ****ing worried, there's a reason why EJ through short passes last year.

Leafs, Raps, Jays, and Bills fan!

vCash
    I've always been worried...but he has to get his shot. That and I think the Bills are close to building a team that can win in spite of their QB play...as long as it's not absolutely horrendous.

vCash
    Also, no one was making posts the first 2 weeks of OTA's when everyone was saying that EJ looked better...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    Also, no one was making posts the first 2 weeks of OTA's when everyone was saying that EJ looked better...
    Nobody made posts, because he never looked good. People on WGR said from the start of OTA's, If EJ wasn't a 1st round pick, he would be cut soon. Hamilton said that from the start of OTA's, EJ is consistently struggling to complete a pass. So much for all of his off field work ethic, as well as what he learned from practicing all summer with Kaepernick.

I think this teams defense has it in them to win us some games, but I remember last year all to well. After nearly each takeaway, we would punt it back.

Remember the New England game. 3rd and 1 at our 1 yard line, they run and we stop them. Brady goes for it on 4th down at the 1, Kiko causes a fumble and Buffalo gets the ball back. 5 plays later, Manuel cannot do anything and we punt it right back.

vCash
    "Practice... We talking about practice. Not a game, not a game....We talking about practice." I hate to quote Allen Iverson, but he did say it best. Every one should just take it easy with EJ, because he is our guy for now and the foreseeable future. He showed some flashes last year and I hope he can build on that and take his game to the next level this year. Lets not just start losing our mind because he supposedly had a bad "practice".

vCash
    Remember the New England game. 3rd and 1 at our 1 yard line, they run and we stop them. Brady goes for it on 4th down at the 1, Kiko causes a fumble and Buffalo gets the ball back. 5 plays later, Manuel cannot do anything and we punt it right back.
    I believe it was a Stevie Johnson drop that pretty much lost us that game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dt6978knows all View Post
    I believe it was a Stevie Johnson drop that pretty much lost us that game.
    sounds familiar..

Things will always work out in the end, but if you want them to turn out a certain way... You need to make it happen.

vCash
    Nobody made posts, because he never looked good. People on WGR said from the start of OTA's, If EJ wasn't a 1st round pick, he would be cut soon. Hamilton said that from the start of OTA's, EJ is consistently struggling to complete a pass. So much for all of his off field work ethic, as well as what he learned from practicing all summer with Kaepernick.

I think this teams defense has it in them to win us some games, but I remember last year all to well. After nearly each takeaway, we would punt it back.

The first day of OTA's the reports were he looked ok...from that point on until the last 4 OTA's, the reports were he looked better. The last 4 however were brutal. It's only OTA's though and offenses typically start off slower than defenses. Reportedly he has great chemistry with Woods, but not Watkins or Williams yet.

Also, you are completely overreacting about last year. He was a ROOKIE. I have my concerns as well, but I am not going to overreact. I'm going to let it play out as it should. He performed like a normal rookie and people forget that. Luck, RG3, Cam are unusual cases. When did that become the norm? Think about the rookies before that and throughout history. Russell Wilson didn't have a great rookie year...he was more game manager than anything else. Kaepernick didn't even play his rookie season. Eli was brutal his first few seasons. Rothlisberger wasn't even allowed to throw his rookie season (exaggeration obviously). The great Tom Brady threw 1 TD pass the entire post season during his 1st Super Bowl, they relied on defense and their running game because he wasn't ready yet. Drew Brees wasn't any good, which led to the Chargers drafting Rivers, only for Brees to end up good his last season with the Chargers which carried over to his Saints career. Relax is all my point. We all want instant success like the Lucks and RG3's but the truth is they were the exception not the rule. If he can be Mark Sanchez productive (his first 2 or 3 seasons), this team will be alright and he deserves to continue. Obviously all these guys were better prospects...except Wilson and Kaepernick...but you're still overreacting. It's just too soon. It'll be more warranted at the end of this season for sure though if there isn't any improvement.

vCash
    EJ finishes the Browns game, the Bills win. EJ plays against the Chiefs, the Bills win. Stevie catches the ball against the Patriots, that's possibly a win. Stevie doesn't fumble the ball against the Falcons, that's a win. Last year's team was different than the previous 6-10 teams. Although the record wasn't any better, the improvement was noticeable. This team was a handful of plays from being 9-7, not a handful of players, a handful of plays. The OT loss to the Bengals is another one. The Steelers, Saints, Bucs and the last Patriots game are the only games this team just flat out got beat. There were opportunities to win in all the other games. This is a very young team and I fully believe they will figure out, within the next 2 seasons, how to avoid crushing plays that cost them games. Although Cam is a better QB, think about the struggles the Bills are going through...it's very similar and it is to be expected with young teams. As long as I see the promise and improvement, I'm fine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast