Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bryan Price

vCash

Bryan Price

So far, what do you all think about him?

So far, I'm honestly not impressed. I think Dusty handled the bullpen much better than Price. He makes the weirdest decisions when it comes to relief pitchers. I also don't like his lineups. He changes them way too often. Even when he finds a decent one, he just changes it to something that doesn't make sense.

vCash
    LOL..... I was getting caught up on the game last night since I didn't stay up to watch it and I looked at the lineup and WOW!!! Jlohm you beat me to it.... I was going to start a thread cause the first thing in my mind was "where is Dusty?"

We need some wins and Phillips, Ludwick, and Votto is not in the lineup and only one of them is hurt... Through this stretch with Votto on the DL..... Keep Pene at first then maybe switch him and Mes to give Mes a break from behind the plate.

At this point I don't care what lineup we have ..........Just stick with one for at least a little while.

vCash
    I don't think it's fair to judge him with the injuries we've endured. I don't think we've had our best players available at one time yet this year, not to mention Latos and the multiple injuries to the bullpen.

''Sig by Johnle''

vCash
    I think Jlohm and I are saying the same thing... Not impressed so far. Not judging him or saying fire him. Just a little confused that we are entering desperation mode or we may be looking at a fire sale in 5 -7 weeks from now.

Just like the other day, Cueto was set to pitch against the Cardinal's ace and he gave Leake the ball. Why? Price said that he wanted to give Cueto another day off. He was asked if he had an injury or stiffness.... Price said "no just a long season". Its the Cardinals!!!! Our division!!!!!! At Home!!!! pitch your best pitcher!!!!!

You want to play around with the lineup? Try subbing Cozart who doesn't produce. Go up to Mes and say your in there everyday.... Get used to it.

Just frustrated.

vCash
    Understandable frustration, season is still young though.

''Sig by Johnle''

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dogdaddy View Post
    I think Jlohm and I are saying the same thing... Not impressed so far. Not judging him or saying fire him. Just a little confused that we are entering desperation mode or we may be looking at a fire sale in 5 -7 weeks from now.

Just like the other day, Cueto was set to pitch against the Cardinal's ace and he gave Leake the ball. Why? Price said that he wanted to give Cueto another day off. He was asked if he had an injury or stiffness.... Price said "no just a long season". Its the Cardinals!!!! Our division!!!!!! At Home!!!! pitch your best pitcher!!!!!

You want to play around with the lineup? Try subbing Cozart who doesn't produce. Go up to Mes and say your in there everyday.... Get used to it.

Just frustrated.
    Yeah I'm not saying we should fire him or anything, just not impressed so far. Honestly, he was such a good pitching coach, I excepted him to handle the rotation and bullpen better. He insists with going with Hoover over Broxton in situations when Broxton should be pitching. (example, 9th inning and tied).

vCash
    Another day and yet another changed lineup. Where are you Dusty????????

Anyhoo, the way I see it, it takes on average 87 wins to get to the post season. The Reds have 103 games left, so we would have to go 60-43. That's .582 winning percentage for the rest of the season. Only San Fran and Toronto is winning at that pace right now. So basically we would have to be the hottest team in baseball to make it. Or hope for the Central Div to go to shambles. Wow, and you think its still a young season?

vCash
    Also find me another second baseman that could make plays like Phillips did this week!!!!! Amazing every day'

vCash
    Phillips defense is the best in the game (for a 2nd basement). The problem is, it isn't making up for his lack of offense.

I wonder what Price is going to do when Latos comes back... If it was up to me, Cingrani would be sent to the bullpen, but it'll probably be Simon to help with the 7th/8th inning and to keep a lefty in the rotation (which is somewhat overrated, imo)

vCash
    Another day and yet another changed lineup. Where are you Dusty????????

Anyhoo, the way I see it, it takes on average 87 wins to get to the post season. The Reds have 103 games left, so we would have to go 60-43. That's .582 winning percentage for the rest of the season. Only San Fran and Toronto is winning at that pace right now. So basically we would have to be the hottest team in baseball to make it. Or hope for the Central Div to go to shambles. Wow, and you think its still a young season?
    It's definitely still a young season, we have more than 100 games to make up 7.5, in the division. We do we need to get going though, before we find ourselves in a hole we can't climb out of.

''Sig by Johnle''

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jlohm1 View Post
    Phillips defense is the best in the game (for a 2nd basement). The problem is, it isn't making up for his lack of offense.

I wonder what Price is going to do when Latos comes back... If it was up to me, Cingrani would be sent to the bullpen, but it'll probably be Simon to help with the 7th/8th inning and to keep a lefty in the rotation (which is somewhat overrated, imo)
    . Your hate for Phillips is real lmao. Were getting much less production out of SS, LF, RF, and 1B. But, I agree with moving Cingrani to the pen, he's not very efficient with his pitch count and has experience as a closer in college.

''Sig by Johnle''

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CodeRed View Post
    . Your hate for Phillips is real lmao. Were getting much less production out of SS, LF, RF, and 1B. But, I agree with moving Cingrani to the pen, he's not very efficient with his pitch count and has experience as a closer in college.
    I haven't liked him since he complained about his contract and blew up at a reporter... But a .299 obp is pathetic. And a wRC+ of 90 is also terrible.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

vCash
    Phillips' ranks on the team:
    AVG: 3rd, .268
    HR: 4th, 4
    RBI: 3rd, 22
    Yet you still go out of your way to complain about him, I just don't get it.

''Sig by Johnle''

vCash
    Oh well, getting back to Price....

He sucks. Ok that was a bit harsh but Im left scratching my head a lot sometimes. Uses Hover way too much. Batting order changes for now apparent reason. Gives guys way too much rest. Oh and here's one, the other day we need a run to tie.... 2 outs..... ninth inning..... Cozart was not pinch hit for I would have a pitcher bat before I would Cozart.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CodeRed View Post
    Phillips' ranks on the team:
    AVG: 3rd, .268
    HR: 4th, 4
    RBI: 3rd, 22
    Yet you still go out of your way to complain about him, I just don't get it.
    The Reds offense is terrible in general so comparing him to the rest of the team isn't saying much, but his OBP is .302 as of right now, which is embarrassing honestly. And his wRC+ remains at 90, which is also terrible. RBI's aren't a good stat because they are completely reliant on the OBP of those batting in front of you. It's basically luck. For example, last year he had 2 people with .420+ OBP batting infront of him. So basically about 43% of his AB there was already a runner on. Which is something he had 0 control over. And like I've talked about, I just don't like his attitude.
    Oh well, getting back to Price....

He sucks. Ok that was a bit harsh but Im left scratching my head a lot sometimes. Uses Hover way too much. Batting order changes for now apparent reason. Gives guys way too much rest. Oh and here's one, the other day we need a run to tie.... 2 outs..... ninth inning..... Cozart was not pinch hit for I would have a pitcher bat before I would Cozart.
    I agree. I wouldn't say he sucks quite yet, but everything you said is correct. He changes lineups frequently for no reasons, even when it's a lineup that's working. Benches Mesoraco just randomly all the time (I understand why he does with Cueto though). For some reason keeps randomly moving Cozart to the #2 hole. For some reason Hoover is his go to guy and he just handles the bullpen and rotation poorly overall.

Steve Smith is also not a good third base coach. We've had way too many runners thrown out at home and has held runners when they could have easily scored.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast