Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

L.A. to give up on owning NFL team.

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/articl...am-306396.html

Wheres my little troll buddy from LA now, that was guaranteeing the Vikings were going to LA? Opinions and dreams are fun but Id like to hear from him now! 2018 superbowl bid winners! Go Vikes!

vCash
    I don't really buy this. This is the thing that comes out before the city pays for the stadium and gives the NFL all the tax breaks it wants. That's the real reason. LA wants to tax the **** out of the NFL.

5 years we will have one of the following:
    LA Chargers, LA Raiders, LA Rams
    DO NOT TRUST YOUR PETS TO NEMACOLIN WOODLANDS KENNEL

On 7/20/14 we took our Calla and Pebble for a stay while on vacation. On 7/21 Calla, who is diabetic, was given 10x her insulin dosage. She wasn't found until 12 hours after being overdosed. After a week and a half of suffering we made the tough decision to put her down because of brain damage and a lack of a quality of life. She was only 7 and her breed lives until their 20's. Over half of our beloved Calla's life was stolen from us.

vCash
    Please no LA Raiders. I would be completely fine with the Rams or Chargers.

vCash
    I say we'll have a completely new LA team within 8 years. The only team I could possibly see going is OAK, but I think another franchise will leave their location before that and they'll have their own brand new team.

CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM!

vCash
    The L A Lions has a nice ring to it. Detroit is broke.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Think View Post
    The L A Lions has a nice ring to it. Detroit is broke.
    Just because the city is in financial ruin doesn't mean the Lions are.

vCash
    Well that article said a whole lot of nothing. Basically the entire thing seems to have been written to reassure Bills fans that the team won't move to LA, but doesn't give any real reason why the LA won't be getting a team. Besides, LA doesn't want the bills anyway, if a team moves here it will be the raiders, chargers, or rams (less likely). Both the raiders and chargers need new stadiums, and have established fanbases in the area.

vCash
    I'd love for the Rams to be in LA to make the NFC West a true west, but I definitely would feel for the fans out there in St Louis.
    Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    This is getting old. Enough is enough. Redskin Is not offensive and it will never change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    I want to start a website where people who say this video tape themselves going up to Native Americans and go "hey what's up redskin?" and then upload what happens.

I'll call it WhatsUpRedskin.com

You want to go first?
    I fully support this future site.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    I say we'll have a completely new LA team within 8 years. The only team I could possibly see going is OAK, but I think another franchise will leave their location before that and they'll have their own brand new team.
    How do you add a team to the NFL? You'd have to add 8 teams OR add 2 teams and get rid of divisions OR add 4 teams and cut the number of divisions in half.

"Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    How do you add a team to the NFL? You'd have to add 8 teams OR add 2 teams and get rid of divisions OR add 4 teams and cut the number of divisions in half.
    Yeah and how many places could even get another team.

I guess Chicago could take a second team but the fanbase would be barren. London? **** that. Mexico City? Good luck.

vCash
    Toronto
    Vancouver
    Salt lake city
    Okc
    Richmond
    Portland

I know nor everyone is ideal but they all are possible

vCash
    ^ of that list Portland is the only one I can see. They want one and go nuts over local sports. Plus the NFL can "bridge" that gap around Seattle.

On 7/20/14 we took our Calla and Pebble for a stay while on vacation. On 7/21 Calla, who is diabetic, was given 10x her insulin dosage. She wasn't found until 12 hours after being overdosed. After a week and a half of suffering we made the tough decision to put her down because of brain damage and a lack of a quality of life. She was only 7 and her breed lives until their 20's. Over half of our beloved Calla's life was stolen from us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    ^ of that list Portland is the only one I can see. They want one and go nuts over local sports. Plus the NFL can "bridge" that gap around Seattle.
    Would it make sense to give Portland a team? Most of them are probably Seahawk fans anyways.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NateyB24 View Post
    Would it make sense to give Portland a team? Most of them are probably Seahawk fans anyways.
    Territorial boarder.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cub_StuckinSTL View Post
    Yeah and how many places could even get another team.

I guess Chicago could take a second team but the fanbase would be barren. London? **** that. Mexico City? Good luck.
    Depends a lot on how much the NFL is willing to cut into "regions" in the current NFL. (link: http://commoncensus.org/sports_map.php?sport=1) Top USA cities (bold = no team):

New York City (technically NJ owns their teams)
    Los Angeles
    Chicago
    Houston
    Philadelphia
    Phoenix (the whole Arizona thing is messed up because of team placement)
    San Antonio
    San Diego
    Dallas
    San Jose
    Austin
    Indianapolis
    Jacksonville
    San Francisco
    Columbus
    Charlotte
    Fort Worth
    Detroit
    El Paso
    Memphis
    Seattle
    Denver
    Washington
    Boston
    Nashville
    Baltimore
    Oklahoma City
    Louisville
    Portland
    Las Vegas
    Milwaukee
    Albuquerque
    Tucson (see AZ geography comment above)
    Fresno
    Sacramento
    Long Beach
    Kansas City
    Mesa (see AZ geography comment above)
    Virginia Beach
    Atlanta
    Colorado Springs
    Omaha
    Raleigh
    Miami
    Oakland
    Minneapolis
    Tulsa (see AZ geography comment above)
    Cleveland
    Wichita
    Arlington

So out of that list I'd say stick a team in LA, OKC, probably somewhere in Texas, Portland, San Jose, Columbus, Las Vegas, Milwaukee (breaks up Packers tickets waitlist). There's 8 teams right there. If anything were to fall through, you'd have a waitlist of: Toronto, Omaha, somewhere in VA near Virginia Beach/Arlington and Albuquerque.

"Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast