Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

2014 Miami Dolphins Camp Thread

Figured I'd create the Mini camp/Training Camp thread now since it's about to get real slow.

mfw the Miami Dolphins

vCash
    News from today's camp. Misi was the starting INLB with Ellerber at SLB and Wheeler at WLB. Gibson and Binns were at practice, Gibson only participated for a portion of the day, Mathews started at Slot in his place. The starting O-line for today(and it'll probably change) was Albert-Dallas Thomas-Pouncey(who many said looked stronger)-Shelley Smith-Juwan James. Finnegan started besides Grimes, Taylor was Finnegan's backup and Davis was Grimes backup. There was also a lot of 2 TE sets with Egnew and Sims swapping in and out alongside Clay.

mfw the Miami Dolphins

vCash
    Omar said that it looks like someone used an air pump on Dion Jordans arms. Says he looks much bigger than last year.

vCash
    Also Jason Taylor was there to help coach up the Dline. Dion Jordan apparently got jacked. Turner subbed in and out with Thomas on the starting line. There was also a lot of motion used with the receivers that shows some serious promise. Tannehill also had a rough day.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Also Jason Taylor was there to help coach up the Dline. Dion Jordan apparently got jacked. Turner subbed in and out with Thomas on the starting line. There was also a lot of motion used with the receivers that shows some serious promise. Tannehill also had a rough day.
    Whether players have good or bad days doesnt matter right now.

It's more to see how were lining up, what the depth chart looks like, and how players look.

The thing about the receivers moving around is great though. Gosh Sherman was an idiot. So predictable. Somewhere he was making Dave Wannstedt smile.

vCash
    I don't want to get all amped up this early; and I have no logic behind the following statement other than the old "he looks good" "he looks stronger / bigger". But slowly I am starting to feel really good about this year. The NFL is not what it once was. All of a sudden a team just puts it together. Could we be the team that put it together. We all knew with all these moving parts it would take time. I am praying this is the year... and am starting think it could be.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leroyp33 View Post
    I don't want to get all amped up this early; and I have no logic behind the following statement other than the old "he looks good" "he looks stronger / bigger". But slowly I am starting to feel really good about this year. The NFL is not what it once was. All of a sudden a team just puts it together. Could we be the team that put it together. We all knew with all these moving parts it would take time. I am praying this is the year... and am starting think it could be.
    I think Bill Lazor will definitely add a spark to the offense. No doubt about it. Our OLine can't be worse.

If our defense at least holds par I think you may not be too far off. We were only a few plays from being in the playoffs.

vCash
    @JeffDarlington: Philbin says he expects Jason Taylor to be around a lot. "He approached us about helping the d-line." ...Great move by team to have him out.

@TheMattyI: Philbin says there are three points of emphasis on the offense: 1) Fast tempo; 2) Protect the football; 3) Be explosive.

@B_Albert71: #ProtectTheHill #71
    Last edited by AddiX; 05-27-2014 at 01:05 PM.

vCash
    Protect the hill. LOVE IT

vCash
    Egnew lined up outside a lot. Omar thinks his role is expanding which makes sense cuz Philly using their TE's nicely.

Tellin ya, and I said it in one long post before...Lazor is going to do some real nice things with the pieces we have here.

vCash
    Tannehill over threw Mike Wallace again.

Matt Moore threw a 70 yard TD.

I really hope they fix that asap bc this has the feel of Henne 2.0 all over again. (Not jumping the gun neither but when you see a pattern....)

vCash
    http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/m...,1532859.story

Lazor has A LOT of work to do with Tannehill, who practiced poorly on Tuesday. He was picked off by Cortland Finnegan during 11-on-11, and two other defensive backs dropped possible interceptions. His unit stalled consistently, and it was so bad Lazor said he hopes the offense doesn't look this bad the next time the media is watching, which will be next Monday. Tannehill is consistently inconsistent, and that's something Lazor needs to fix. He also holds onto the ball too long, which is also something that seemed to agitate Lazor.

This is not something I wanted to hear!

vCash
    Tannehill is the only worry I have with this team and imo our current biggest weakness outside of TE

they will try to use Egnew more which is not surprising. it will fail though. hoping Gator Hoskins makes the team because I want Egnew gone like yesterday.

best thing about today is Finnegan looked real good. the most important thing in camp outside of Tannehill showing signs of improvement is Finnegan winning the #2 CB spot.

nice to see Dion Jordan bigger. i see a ton of people ripping the fact that we have him gaining weight and playing DE and ruining his talent because he should be a LBer but I 100% disagree and always will. his length makes him a DE. he would not make a good OLB. it is very similar to Jason Taylor who I consider a DE and not a LB. they are very very ridiculously similar

also nice to see that Fede's challenger for a roster spot is Shelby and that he looked so much bigger than him because I want Fede to make the 53.
    Take Notes Rook

vCash
    It's a brand new offense and they have tannehill running it at full speed it's going to be ugly for awhile. Get use to it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AddiX View Post
    It's a brand new offense and they have tannehill running it at full speed it's going to be ugly for awhile. Get use to it.
    lmao right. people freaking out that tanny isn't spot on in a new system on the first practice. this should be fun...
    Last edited by whitekimbo; 05-27-2014 at 08:12 PM.

Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast