Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Oakland better lock up some of their better players now

and don't let them walk like always. Their farm ain't what it used to be. I'm not sure if the following were signed. Where I'm reading it doesn't look like it.

Moss, Donaldson, Gray, Norris. These guys might not be UFA's next year but they clearly need to sign all these guys to long term contracts right now. They are key building blocks going forward.

Donaldson is getting paid crap. They need to offer him 5 y, 80 million at the least. Lock him up. Moss, 4 years, 60 million. Figure Johnson, Gentry and Lowrie are out of here. Use that money to lock up your core players instead of letting them walk for nothing.

I'd also like they to do a sign and trade for Samardzija. You can no longer count on Parker as a team that is built to win now and to finally beat the Tigers, they need a second power pitcher. They have the prospects to do it. You could trade Parker to Cubs along with a package of D. Robertson, Muncy and Maxwell. I think that is a good offer for a guy that said he's not signing with the Cubs.

vCash
    Samardzja? Sign and trade? What is this basketball? Haha

vCash
    It's not difficult to sign a player to an extension with a trade who already has agreed not to sign with his current team. That is what the A's should do. Of all the contending teams, the A's have the most prospects to offer the crappy Cubs.

vCash
    The lowest contract on the A's roster this year is Nate Freiman @ $493,200.

Donaldson is second lowest with $500,000.

WOW... talk about cheap talent

reminds me of Russel Wilson this past year.. only we need to win the World Series to make it a better comparison

anyway.. the most expensive contract on the A's is $11,450,000.

to pay Donaldson 80mil/5years would be 16mil/year.. almost double the highest paid player they have now.

with Oakland's track record, i highly doubt they will do such a thing. Maybe if we win the Series , they might offer him 15mil. but even if we win the series i wont be suprised if they let go of the stars and rebuild with cheaper prospects.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cespedesrules View Post
    and don't let them walk like always. Their farm ain't what it used to be. I'm not sure if the following were signed. Where I'm reading it doesn't look like it.

Moss, Donaldson, Gray, Norris. These guys might not be UFA's next year but they clearly need to sign all these guys to long term contracts right now. They are key building blocks going forward.

Donaldson is getting paid crap. They need to offer him 5 y, 80 million at the least. Lock him up. Moss, 4 years, 60 million. Figure Johnson, Gentry and Lowrie are out of here. Use that money to lock up your core players instead of letting them walk for nothing.

I'd also like they to do a sign and trade for Samardzija. You can no longer count on Parker as a team that is built to win now and to finally beat the Tigers, they need a second power pitcher. They have the prospects to do it. You could trade Parker to Cubs along with a package of D. Robertson, Muncy and Maxwell. I think that is a good offer for a guy that said he's not signing with the Cubs.
    I don't agree with any of that.
    first of all, why would Donaldson take a 80m/5y contract? the way hes playing, he is clearly worth more than that.
    Moss isnt worth 15m per year; thats asinine, the guy cant hit lefties.
    Samardzija is might be the most overrated player in all of baseball. he is nothing more than an average starter at best. Parker alone is better than him. Also, if Samardzija was worth trading for, who would take a guy in parker who has been through 2 TJ surgeries?
    if the A's were looking for a #1 starter, any deal would have to start with Russell who should not be traded at all.

vCash
    Because Donaldson is making crap now which is insulting to him. If the A's were smart which I'm not sure they are, they would give him 25 million up front next season as part of a new contract to make up for the insulting salary he is currently being paid. Basically, he makes about 14.5 million more this year. I have to change my profile because if anybody has noticed, Cespedes does not rule. He's turning out to be a half-azzzzz player now. Donaldson and Moss are the guys carrying this offense.

As far as your Moss comment. You obviously don't watch enough baseball and look at production. He has 13 HR's and 46 RBI's. That is basically top 10 in baseball. There are a lot of lefties who don't hit lefties well. Who cares. It's all about final numbers. The guy hit 30 HR's last year and will his 30 this year with 100 RBI's. Translation. Some team will easily give him 15 million a season for 6 to 7 years.

Listening to you. You are cheap and don't want to pay anybody. Welcome to reality. If you don't pay guys, they don't stay and the A's will be crap once again.

vCash
    Also, do some more research. Two years ago Moss his .293 against lefties. Next year he hit .200. This season he's hitting .343 against lefties. I think he can hold his own enough to get paid when he's hitting 30 HR's a year.

vCash
    Cespedes definitely ruled tonight!

Fossi was jealous that he wasn't catching instead of Norris on those monster throws by Ces.
    All while Glenn was on the verge of popping a blood vessel!

vCash
    There has to come some point with this team where fans no longer accept ownership being cheap. The A's need to lock up Moss and Donaldson now. As far as Cespedes. I don't think he stays. He seems like the type of guy who will wait until UFA and try to get 20 million. He finally did something worthy of a big contract last night. However, since his rookie season, he's basically been a .240 hitter.

vCash
    Cespedes was fantastic to watch live last night. The A's are expected to negotiate an extension with him by the all star break, so we will see about that one. As for Moss, I feel he is worthy of a contract in the 4/50 range. He has the attitude where he will continue to produce after getting paid. As for Donaldson, he is beyond tricky. Longoria's contract isn't a good comparison due to the fact that it was signed his rookie season, but Donnie compares to him the best. I'd say Donaldson is in that 5/90 range. We'll see what ownership and Billy want to do

vCash
    Because Donaldson is making crap now which is insulting to him. If the A's were smart which I'm not sure they are, they would give him 25 million up front next season as part of a new contract to make up for the insulting salary he is currently being paid. Basically, he makes about 14.5 million more this year. I have to change my profile because if anybody has noticed, Cespedes does not rule. He's turning out to be a half-azzzzz player now. Donaldson and Moss are the guys carrying this offense.

As far as your Moss comment. You obviously don't watch enough baseball and look at production. He has 13 HR's and 46 RBI's. That is basically top 10 in baseball. There are a lot of lefties who don't hit lefties well. Who cares. It's all about final numbers. The guy hit 30 HR's last year and will his 30 this year with 100 RBI's. Translation. Some team will easily give him 15 million a season for 6 to 7 years.

Listening to you. You are cheap and don't want to pay anybody. Welcome to reality. If you don't pay guys, they don't stay and the A's will be crap once again.
    Teams do that all the time with young players, it's not unique to the A's. Donaldson will get his payday when arbitration comes, or possibly sooner if the A's want to extend him.

vCash
    There has to come some point with this team where fans no longer accept ownership being cheap. The A's need to lock up Moss and Donaldson now. As far as Cespedes. I don't think he stays. He seems like the type of guy who will wait until UFA and try to get 20 million. He finally did something worthy of a big contract last night. However, since his rookie season, he's basically been a .240 hitter.
    Funny thing is, fans have grown accustomed, and it's a tricky position in terms of history.

It's my opinion, but being cheap is what is keeping Beane as the GM, and losing him would disrupt what (we as fans) view as Oakland A's baseball. It's also my opinion that Beane has one of the hardest jobs in all of sports, but wouldn't have it any other way. I guess I'm itching at being cheap is what is keeping Beane here, and that's the bigger picture. You can disagree though.

vCash
    Also, Moss has been so damn good I don't know how much he is worth.
    Guy just keeps mashing the ball, and reigns hell upon the Japanese arms (Darvish & Kuroda).