Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast
    9/13/14: #Mayhem (While Pacman fights Algieri in China. lol)
    vCash

Thumbs up Mark Jackson Thread

3 years, 2 playoff apperances, over 50 win season, a change of culture to a winning, defensive one, thank you for everything Mark! Thank you for wonderful memories, great games, and making me proud to be a warriors fan! May you succeed wherever you go from here, I will never forget what you did for our franchise!!!

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/B-Hop/Ward/Rigondeaux/Wlad/Cotto/Froch/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    Curry had voice his support for Mark Jackson and appreciate what he has done for his game. That speak volumes on how he is being appreciated as a player and as a man.

He's did what no other coach has done since 91' taking a no fully healthy team into the playoffs back to back, being a very touch out. We haven't seen that in a long long time and it got Jackson fired. We appreciate for all you have done with this team Mark

vCash
    It makes no sense around NBA circles and to media outets

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by eDush View Post
    to all ok mark jacksons best friends? yeah- how much sense to you expect them to say it made?

Media members who watched every single game that were not necessarily with mark jackson (ie greg papa, John Lund, Rick Bucher, Jim Barnett, Rusty simmons, ... even tolbert) noticed there was a serious lack of ball movement and the offense has "a lot of areas to improve"- Stevce kerr was putting it nicely.

Barkely just looks at the record and says- oh 51 wins is better than the 30 win teams (with anthony tolliver and reggie williams)- so jackson must be coaching a better team. Nevermind the fact that he has 5 players who have been to all star games, and a guy in klay thompson who is probably going to be a regular within the next yr or so.
    A role model if I ever knew one

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    to all ok mark jacksons best friends? yeah- how much sense to you expect them to say it made?

Media members who watched every single game that were not necessarily with mark jackson (ie greg papa, John Lund, Rick Bucher, Jim Barnett, Rusty simmons, ... even tolbert) noticed there was a serious lack of ball movement and the offense has "a lot of areas to improve"- Stevce kerr was putting it nicely.

Barkely just looks at the record and says- oh 51 wins is better than the 30 win teams (with anthony tolliver and reggie williams)- so jackson must be coaching a better team. Nevermind the fact that he has 5 players who have been to all star games, and a guy in klay thompson who is probably going to be a regular within the next yr or so.
    The coach plays a big part for any talented team to succeed as a team and for anybody to say the team wins despite the coach just don't understand. The Red sox hired Bobby V as their manager in 2012 who then led the team to their worst season in 50 years. After they fired him, the team won the World Series the following season in 2013. I guess the coach has nothing to do with winning or losing but Bobby was very chummy with management and probably golf with them too so that's a plus huh.

vCash
    2 things:
    1. What does that have to do with Mark Jackson appreciation?
    2. Have you really not seen/heard all of the talk about what Jackson did wrong on and off the court?

Mark was possibly the perfect coach to turn the team around. Now he's gone which is the right move for going forward.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    2 things:
    1. What does that have to do with Mark Jackson appreciation?
    2. Have you really not seen/heard all of the talk about what Jackson did wrong on and off the court?
    The inside sports guys appreciate Mark, not what I just type. Look at the vid and he did nothing wrong.

vCash
    The inside sports guys appreciate Mark, not what I just type. Look at the vid and he did nothing wrong.
    He did plenty wrong.

vCash
    How is a video of talking heads proof of anything other than what those talking heads want on tape (not necessarily what they actually think)?

Mark Jackson did a lot of things wrong, but in actually keeping with the title of the thread he did a lot of things right too, including 2 straight trips to the playoffs.

vCash
    It makes no sense to media outlets because they're all buddies with Jackson.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Mark Jackson did a lot of things wrong, but in actually keeping with the title of the thread he did a lot of things right too, including 2 straight trips to the playoffs.
    I can agree with this. He certainly had his strengths.

vCash
    The coach plays a big part for any talented team to succeed as a team and for anybody to say the team wins despite the coach just don't understand. The Red sox hired Bobby V as their manager in 2012 who then led the team to their worst season in 50 years. After they fired him, the team won the World Series the following season in 2013. I guess the coach has nothing to do with winning or losing but Bobby was very chummy with management and probably golf with them too so that's a plus huh.

]
    Mark jackson made it very obvious that in this situation it was all talent and not coaching.

His first year- he didnt have a super talented team- and he was 23-43 (worse than keith smart with a similar talent level)

THen then the talent was upgraded- and the team won more games. Mark jackson is the same person. if he didnt get a bunch of all stars and kept relying on dominique mcguire and mikki moore- i doubt he makes the playoffs the last 2 yrs. its pretty simple to see that for people who arent just trying to give jackson credit for everything.

also- i bet steve kerr wins a lot more games in his first year than jackson did in his first year with the warriors.

vCash
    Stylez, you can't blame Mark Jackson's coaching for his first year ... his coaching achieved the exact goal of the franchise. The 7th pick in the draft. Either Jackson can't coach, or the team tanked ... not both.

9/13/14: #Mayhem (While Pacman fights Algieri in China. lol)
    vCash
    Not fair to compare their first years stylez, the state of the franchise for Jacksons first year is not the same as it is now with Kerr, unfair.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/B-Hop/Ward/Rigondeaux/Wlad/Cotto/Froch/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lol, please View Post
    Not fair to compare their first years stylez, the state of the franchise for Jacksons first year is not the same as it is now with Kerr, unfair.
    its the same thing as when people give jackson all the credit and say the warriors made the playoffs twice in a row after two decades of not making it. You cant compare- the franchise was in a different state

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast