Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

2014 season predictions

i figured now would be the proper time to start a thread like this since we're pretty much done making roster additions barring a trade.

give us any predictions you can come up with.. W-L Record, surprise cuts, surprise starters.. Busts or Gems found (FA and Draft), and general Stat predictions..

ill start..

i think we will go 10-6 with a wildcard birth. RG3 will put up respectable numbers, much improved from last year but nothing historical. i predict 4100 yds passing, 260 yds rushing, 32 Tds and 10 ints. i predict career highs in YDS per Att and COMP%...

for the 1st time in a LONG time, i think we will have 2 1000yd WRs... garcon with 88 cathes for 1200 yds and jackson with 62 for 1090 yds.

morris will see a slight decrease in load to Seastrunk and helu, but will rush for 1250 yds on a 5.5 yd per carry AVG.

idk if this qualifies as a bold prediction but i think hankerson, robinson and chester wont be on the opening-day 53.. i would look out for robinson or both WRs to be traded to CLE as reported by mike jones after the draft.

i believe spencer long will be a week 1 starter, but it will take some time for Moses to win the job.... because of how unreliable polymbus is in pass-pro, i believe he will be benched very early however...

On D, we will make an improvement because of all the additions in the secoundary and the pass-rush in particular.. we will be top10 in sacks, above average in Run D, but average in Coverage due to in-experience.

i see another pro-bowl year from kerrigan with 12 sacks..riley will lead the team in Tackles. hall In Ints and a slow transition to FS. it just makes too much sense now that you have depth at CB..

i think orakpo will have a 10 sack season and someone else will over-pay for him next year in FA.

i think we will have a surprise starter at ILB and one of the S positions...maybe will compton or keenan robinson if he stays on the field... i dont think Ryan grant will make a big impact aside from being a veteran leader.. by week 13, we will see D-hall play a LOT of S and Breeland play about 80% of the snaps... Tracey porter will be a good slot-CB.

no surprise cuts... our D isnt as deep or talented as our O...

and finally the special teams will be top10 in coverage but still struggle in return yardage

alright... now time for you guys to rip it apart with your comments and make your own predictions

vCash
    5-11

Redskins | Nationals | Capitals | Wizards| D.C United

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by InsaneBoost View Post
    5-11
    Whoa!

vCash
    really...thats all?? i like it....we always exceed insaneboost's expectation so maybe its a good thing... am just curious, would anyone call 8-8 or 9-7 and missing the playoffs a success??? cuz i dont.. we have too much talent not to win the division

vCash
    I think you are being very optimistic. I think we will be on the bottom half of the league in every defensive category except possibly sacks and run yards. I think our STs will be much improved. I think our offense will be better, but still with one of the weaker lines in the NFL we will have some trouble moving the ball at times. I could see our offense being very frustrating to watch based on inconsistency. I imagine big plays on occasion, followed by long offensive droughts. Until the o-line either improves as a unit or we bring in more talent, I don't imagine us being the offensive powerhouse people expect.

My Mock v 1.1
    51st (Second Round) - Amerson CB/FS
    85th (third round) - Bacarri Rambo FS
    119th (fourth) - David Quessenberry, OT/OG
    154th (fifth) - Cornelius Washington, DE/ OLB
    162nd (fifth) - Ray Ray Armstrong, SS
    191st (sixth) - Nick Kasa, TE
    228th (seventh) - Rodney Smith, WR

vCash
    I can see them going 8-8. Morris wont lose yards to seastrunk because he wont contribute to the offense unless he shows something in the preseason to get more snaps over morris and helu. Morris will lose yards to gruden wanting a more pass happy offense which I can see RG3 with 27 TDS and 12 INTS. The offense will be better then last year if the special teams improve from what it was last season and the threat of DJax with Roberts and Garcon will open up the passing came that it will be hard to pick who to double team.

vCash
    6-10 and i'm being optimistic. we're still the REDskins. i think the name change drama will carry into the season and be a distraction. (just a prediction) rg3 won't be his rookie self. i don't think the draft pics will help much. they will help some. i think there will be a key injury that will screw us and we'll lose all the close games. again, i think 6-10 is a good improvement over 3-13. we'll get a top 15 draft pick and be better in 2015.

vCash
    I think we win this division at 10-6 . New coach....new attitude.........new approach. The Redskins name distraction will be even more of a unifying factor than a distraction to the players. Win the dang SUPER BOWL and watch the networks have to cover HTTR across the land !!!!!!!!

BTW...shouldn't this be the 2015 season?
    Last edited by coconut; 05-23-2014 at 08:59 AM. Reason: Additional thought

White Sox & Redskins Forever

vCash
    anywhere from 7-9 to 9-7

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman21 View Post
    anywhere from 7-9 to 9-7
    Totally agree, this is a talented team. We'll have a better shot at managing the clock and moving the chains this season, safety's wont be able to load the box with our WR's and TE's. Controlling the clock will keep our defense off of the field and fresh, something we always struggle with. If we control the clock and put points of the board Haslett will gamble and aggressively go after the ball.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NJrockPD View Post
    I think you are being very optimistic. I think we will be on the bottom half of the league in every defensive category except possibly sacks and run yards. I think our STs will be much improved. I think our offense will be better, but still with one of the weaker lines in the NFL we will have some trouble moving the ball at times. I could see our offense being very frustrating to watch based on inconsistency. I imagine big plays on occasion, followed by long offensive droughts. Until the o-line either improves as a unit or we bring in more talent, I don't imagine us being the offensive powerhouse people expect.
    well, on d, i said we will be good as a pass-rushing and run-stuffing unit but struggle in coverage....so i agree with that...

but on offense, i just think we have way too many weapons and potential upgrades to struggle like we did last year.. even our explosive 2012 offense was inconsistent if you remember..i just think if RG3 puts up even andy dalton-like numbers in the worst defensive division in football, then it will be pretty hard to contain this offense... so much speed...you have the deep threats, the YAC guys, the stud TE, and best of all the stud Running game..

i dont see this new OL being as effective in run-blocking right away as the previous one was, but the interior penetration and bullying should be held in check with the new additions...

vCash
    let me just make one point across..

barring some unforseen UDFA stepping up at ILB/FS and totally being a stud, this defense is not built to be an elite defense YET.... we still have secoundary issues..

this defense is, however, built to do what the 2012 unit did.... build but not break... get a lot of pressure and create a lot of TO's to give the ball back to the offense..

vCash
    I'm going to say 6-10...possibly 7-9. Your schedule is no joke (based on last years rankings; but sure one or more will fall off so who knows?). I think this team will bounce back in a big way compared to last season...and as I have been telling some people, I wouldn't be surprised if Washington grabs a wildcard (9-7 range) with the right luck/play. The skins should be much more competitive this year regardless IMO.

" Back on the grizzy. Sit back grab some fried chicken and gummy bears and enjoy the show."--Thus spaketh the Black Unicorn

vCash
    I'd also like to add that I personally think RG3 will bounce back big...Garcon, Jackson, Reed, Morris, and Helu are some very nice weapons that can make up for less than stellar line play in the right scheme. I could see this offense being dynamite or fizzling (O-line); honestly I tend to think somewhere closer to the former is what is going to happen. I am very high on the Skins offensive possibilities/ceiling this season.

" Back on the grizzy. Sit back grab some fried chicken and gummy bears and enjoy the show."--Thus spaketh the Black Unicorn

vCash
    i think the O-line play was bad in the Passing game, and the new additions will theoretically be an upgrade, but we dont know if the run-blocking will suffer...the defense, as historically bad as it started the 1st 3 games, ended up being ranked 18th overall..

i think what killed our season, however, was how maddenly inconsistent our offense was... i think that will change, and with it, the whole dynamic of the team....

our defense was not great in 2012...BUT because our offense kept us in every game, the defense gained enough confidence to make plays down the road... With madieu williams and reed doughty as our starting Safeties... and a 7th round rookie as the slot CB... i think this is a much better unit than the 2012 defense and SHOULD play a lot better...

but without RG3 being the guy, the team will be no better than 7-9

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast