Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Where does the patriots overall roster rank among all NFL teams?

So in the nfl forum there was a thread created asking the top 5 and bottom 5 rosters based on the entire roster except QB. There were a few people who are arguing that they have one of the 5 worst rosters in the nfl outside of tom brady. I strongly disagree but i needed to hear my fellow patriot fans opinions aswell. I definatly think they are top 15 talent wise right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yankeefan54 View Post
    So in the nfl forum there was a thread created asking the top 5 and bottom 5 rosters based on the entire roster except QB. There were a few people who are arguing that they have one of the 5 worst rosters in the nfl outside of tom brady. I strongly disagree but i needed to hear my fellow patriot fans opinions aswell. I definatly think they are top 15 talent wise right now.
    Let's see how many of our cuts are scooped up and signed elsewhere and make other rosters.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Anybody who thinks the Pats are a bottom 5 roster has their head lodged squarely in their chute. They are a top 5 roster if healthy. This is going to be the best D we have had in quite a while. The more time I have had to analyze our draft the better I like it. The O is going to be good while waiting for Gronk and very good with Gronk. We are going to fortunately cut decent players this year (a good problem to have). We are a much improved team over last year overall and it took a ridiculous number of injuries to derail us last year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    Let's see how many of our cuts are scooped up and signed elsewhere and make other rosters.
    exactly. I know most people just hate on the patriots but one person well child i will assume has the patriots ranked 32 in terms of talent. I no i should let it go but its so ridicoulous. There are a few others that just say there bottom 10 which is also wrong.

vCash
    Went to the conference championship last year with all backups, now we have our starters back, we added Revis and Browner, we added a lot of big bodies to our receiver core. Yet somehow we have declined to bottom 5 team? Explain this to me lol!

vCash
    Since the merger no team has had such a long run of great years and very good years - even longer than the 49'ers and Steelers (yes I know we don't have the SB wins, the league is tougher and the cap levels everyone - but the Pats).

8 seasons in the AFC Championship Game and 5 seasons in the SB ouit of 13 years? 2008 another likely candidate with a healthy Brady.

Team isn't killer at RB, WR; Is killer at DB; Strong starters at OL, LB, TE, but thinnish behind the starters; strong ST's. DL is the big question mark along with injuries. That's no bottom 10 team. Then there are the moves to come, it's the day of the first game that these evaluations should be made.

All of this after 2001 basically with a low average draft position, and the cap, and crappy weather (tough on QB's and passing games)...

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

vCash
    Top 5 easily. Revis could have a tremendous year under belichick. Pats haven't had this talent since Ty Law.

vCash
    I'm staying out of the nfl main bunch of idiots there. Look at this dumb *** and his comments.

Overrated is New England. They have a Top-5 QB of all-time, sure...but they also benefit from playing a division that has been one of the worst in the league since the Pats began winning. They haven't won a SB in 9 years, and the only reason they get picked by many to win every year is due to the aforementioned horrid division that virtually guarantees a playoff spot every year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yankeefan54 View Post
    I'm staying out of the nfl main bunch of idiots there. Look at this dumb *** and his comments.

Overrated is New England. They have a Top-5 QB of all-time, sure...but they also benefit from playing a division that has been one of the worst in the league since the Pats began winning. They haven't won a SB in 9 years, and the only reason they get picked by many to win every year is due to the aforementioned horrid division that virtually guarantees a playoff spot every year.
    He is kinda right though in some degree. Overrated? Nah. But he is right about everything else sadly. Our division hasn't been great in a long time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by xamadeix View Post
    He is kinda right though in some degree. Overrated? Nah. But he is right about everything else sadly. Our division hasn't been great in a long time.
    Look at how many coaching changes they have had and GM's changes. BB is the prime external reason why those franchises suck. Other reasons are stupid GM's and DC's made into HC's (guess who).

People seem to forget we get the other 1st place teams on our schedule and a random division... when you add up everything we tend to end up with a middling schedule most of the time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    Look at how many coaching changes they have had and GM's changes. BB is the prime external reason why those franchises suck. Other reasons are stupid GM's and DC's made into HC's (guess who).

People seem to forget we get the other 1st place teams on our schedule and a random division... when you add up everything we tend to end up with a middling schedule most of the time.
    Yeah well we're still in a crap division haha. I wonder how the patriots would fair if they were in the nfc west.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by xamadeix View Post
    Yeah well we're still in a crap division haha. I wonder how the patriots would fair if they were in the nfc west.
    And how would those teams do in the AFC East from 2001-2010 inclusive? Not so great...

vCash
    defense will be top 3 in the nfl this year if healthy. getting the injured guys back plus adding easly and armstead in the middle is gunna be rediculous. just wish we nabbed a de as well the 2nd round qb pick was horrendously bad. but with revis, browner, and dennard at corner thats elite. i hope they use browner in some ss situations too to match up on te's, rotate dennard to outside cb, theres alot of stuff we can do. the ss sleeper we took late in the draft jamea is growing on me. hes got a little bob sanders in him and if he was 3-4 inches taller he'd probably go alot higher.

offense meh. its alright but could be so much better. edelman and gronk strike fear in other teams but thats about it. wish we added a stud outside wr, maybe we could still get andre johnson, but im not to happy with our outside wr talent. we got worse at rb, let blount go, drafted White who no team will fear whatsoever, hes benjarvis greenellis 2.0. wont fumble but not talented enough to make a dent in the best teams. im routing for boldon to make a leap this year and maybe get in the mix for starter reps. hes big and fast and tough to take down and looked pretty good in the limited touches he got. oline will be better with volmer back and bb drafted alot of beef in the draft so thats a positive. we may end up top 10, top 5 again in points in the regular season but what really matters is how the offense performs at the end of the year in the playoffs against teams like seattle, denver etc. i dont think we improved enough imo to be comfortable on offense but luckily i think we have the defense this year to bail them out.

vCash
    do sleep on lafell. I feel like he will do very well here.

vCash

Where does the patriots overall roster rank among all NFL teams?

I'm sick and tired of you Briz saying the QB pick was bad. If there is one position that you need to have secure it's QB, so BB is investing in it. Is Garappolo the next franchise QB? Maybe , maybe not, but if you think we can just draft one guy one year and expect for sure for him to be the next franchise QB you are kidding yourself. How many qbs drafted work out? BB knows this, so he drafted JG will see how he does and if he thinks he could be the next QB will keep him, if not, he will draft another fairly high. Brady is not God, he is a man. Small injuries build up and as you age the healing process slows. Don't think it can't and won't happen to Brady.
    PSD's Brian Tyms

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast