Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Greg Oden

vCash

Greg Oden

Is he not playing because his play is not up to par or is he just not healthy? What is his future with this team? When he was signed, it seemed kind of intriguing that he could be used for this exact series to go up against Hibbert, but he was inactive game 2.

vCash
    I think he had back spasms and sat out, they said a few days ago that they're evalutating him in a week

Welcome to Good Boogie, home of the Good Boogie

Boogie Cousins for MVP 2015

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kingsdelez24 View Post
    I think he had back spasms and sat out, they said a few days ago that they're evalutating him in a week
    The back spasms were never a lingering issue for Oden, he even admitted as much (as per Ira Winderman), hence why he played in the season finale against Philadelphia. Spo just doesn't have him in the rotation because he doesn't like him. I'm not talking about personality-wise (for all I know Spo might think Oden is the greatest thing since sliced cheese). But he clearly never liked him as a player. Explaining why it's been hard for Oden to find consistent minutes on a team that lacks a legitimate post player (outside of Andersen, who's quite good actually). Other than that, Oden's re-iterated quite a few times that he's 100% healthy, and ready to go. It's up to Spo to roll the dice on him (though I doubt he will honestly).

Oden's pretty much done in Miami imo, though I don't believe that he's entirely done with his career. I still think Oden has something to give, but it will have to be with another team, and one that can trust him more readily.

vCash
    Well, I wished that it had worked out for Oden....if only to see what adding a 7 foot guy with that type of talent (if healthy) to an already star studded team. It would have added versatility at the center position.

vCash
    I just dont want to see us let him go and he turns out to be a really effective piece like we did with Shaun Livingston.

vCash

Greg Oden

I don't think he's going anywhere. I think he will b here next year. I believe that they knew that it could possibly take more than one season for him to get right. I think without a doubt he will be back.
    [/CENTER]

vCash
    How has he looked in the minutes that he did play? His potential was tantalizing. I just hate to see his career go down like that and he seems like a nice person too. I was really looking forward to this series in the beginning of the year wondering what Oden would look like against Hibbert.

vCash
    spo is an idot
    I bet thunder would start him for 30 minutes!