• Aaron Gordon, Arizona, PF-SF

2 11.11%
  • Marcus Smart, Oklahoma St., PG

7 38.89%
  • Doug McDermott, Creighton, SF

1 5.56%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

And with the fifth pick the Utah Jazz select....

Just for fun lets put up a poll to see who we want at the # 5 spot. Assuming Wiggins, Parker, Exum, Embiid are all gone like everyone says, who do you want? Place your reasons below.

2011 Denver Bronco PSD Forum Fantasy Football Champion!
    2013 Denver Bronco PSD Forum Fantasy Football 2nd Place

vCash
    I'm really torn on Gordon Vonleh and smart... not super high on Randle

2011 Denver Bronco PSD Forum Fantasy Football Champion!
    2013 Denver Bronco PSD Forum Fantasy Football 2nd Place

vCash
    for me it is vonleh. I am a potential kind of person though.

vCash
    None of these are ideal options, but Vonleh looks like the best option from this group. That said, it would create an immediate log jam in the front court. Based on this I could see us trading the number 5, the number 23 and Enes for a shot at the top three.

During a game in 1982, Frank Layden, then head coach of the Utah Jazz, had seen enough of his team's poor performance and wanted an early exit. Layden verbally abused Strom so he could get ejected from the game. Strom knew what he was trying to do, and when Layden asked why he didn't eject him, Strom replied, "I know what you're trying to do, Frank, but if I've got to stay out here and watch this $#!^, so do you".

vCash
    i think a trade would be in our best interest. but barring that, could we go euro with saric? he's risen pretty high up boards lately.
    HAWKS 13 PREMIERS

"We're under a level-5 quarantine, so I'm just gonna have to stripsearch you girls!"
    -Portman

vCash
    what could we even get for the pick? trading up is hard to do

vCash
    I'm feeling Gordon.
    Chicago Cubs: Trade deadline time...yay...
    Tennessee Titans: In Whiz we trust.
    Utah Jazz: Aussie Aussie Aussie, Exum baby! Nice Rodney Hood thievery. Now get Gordo resigned.

vCash
    If we stay at 5, my gut tells me Randle. He's unlike anybody we have and we need somebody who can great offense. Favors and Kanter together might not work.

I think the wildcard is Saric. SA was known for Euro picks and Saric is a very skilled big man who could play at the 3 for us. Lindsey might reach here.

A big factor will be the #23 pick. I think we can get a Gordon athlete type player or even a strong combo guard at #23 but guys like Vonleh, Randle and Saric are more unique talents.

vCash
    Gordon or Smart. Maybe both I could see us trading to get two top ten picks.

vCash
    This team has a lot of needs but in re-watching a few games from last season one thing stood out to me. There was no fire on this team, no emotion and nobody willing to do the dirty work. The two guys I feel could really help in this area are Smart and Gordon. I don't get what people see in Vonleh other than his physical measurements. If it came down to vonleh or randle, I would pick randle by a landslide. Of realistic options at #5 I rank them this way:

1-Smart
    2-Gordon
    3-Randle
    4-Vonleh

I am just super excited, because regardless I think we are gonna get a very good player at this spot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bag84 View Post
    I am just super excited, because regardless I think we are gonna get a very good player at this spot.
    I agree. To decide between Exum, Smart, Gordon, Vonleh and Randle is a decision I'm glad I don't have to make.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bag84 View Post
    This team has a lot of needs but in re-watching a few games from last season one thing stood out to me. There was no fire on this team, no emotion and nobody willing to do the dirty work. The two guys I feel could really help in this area are Smart and Gordon. I don't get what people see in Vonleh other than his physical measurements. If it came down to vonleh or randle, I would pick randle by a landslide. Of realistic options at #5 I rank them this way:

1-Smart
    2-Gordon
    3-Randle
    4-Vonleh

Some are comparing Vonleh to Bosh. That would be nice.

vCash
    I think Vonleh will become a good player, but I think it is going to take him a few years. He is a "potential pick". Where as guys like Randle, Smart, and Gordon have skills that can immediately help a team. We have enough "potential" guys on this team. We guys that can play now. While their ceilings may not be as high as exum or vonleh, their floors from what I see and hear are also much higher. But hey if they take Vonleh you won't hear me complaining. Like I said I am not sure we can go to wrong here.

vCash
    i picked the kid from creighton. the potential for vonleh might be there, might not. same with gordon and randle, but for immediate dividends, and not 3 years down the line when their rookie contracts are near to expiring, i think mcdermott can step in and immediately fill a vital role for us.
    HAWKS 13 PREMIERS

"We're under a level-5 quarantine, so I'm just gonna have to stripsearch you girls!"
    -Portman

vCash
    Interesting pick Chip. In last years draft, I would consider taking him top 5. I just can't see us taking him that early especially since he measured so small at the combine. If he was big enough to play pf some, that would be great. At 6'6", I think we have to take the higher ceiling.

I like the thought process though. The kid might play a decade plus because his shooting. We need shooting

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast