Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

What is your top 8 players for the Kings to draft?

I am torn on the first 3 but its pointless because the Kings won't get either so I am just going to list them in any order. I am not a Marcus Smart fan and he is listed 9th for me and Nik Stauskas 10th. I also consider 5 through 7 to be close.

I left Exum out because its too hard for me to judge foreign players, but based on the hype I would probably list him somewhere between between 5-7 and scoot everyone else down 1.

1-Jabari Parker
    2-Andrew Wiggins
    3-Joel Embiid
    4-Julius Randle
    5-Noah Vonleh
    6-Aaron Gordon
    7-Tyler Ennis
    8-James Young

Marcus Smart in my opinion is a player without a position and those players cause chemistry problems. He will put up stats but I don't believe it will translate to wins. The Kings need to get away from undersized players, tweeners, and combo guards. I think Smart is a future rotational player or a stat producer on a bad team.
    Last edited by Plague; 05-21-2014 at 10:45 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    I am torn on the first 3 but its pointless because the Kings won't get either so I am just going to list them in any order. I am not a Marcus Smart fan and he is listed 9th for me and Nik Stauskas 10th. I also consider 5 through 7 to be close.

I left Exum out because its too hard for me to judge foreign players, but based on the hype I would probably list him somewhere between between 5-7 and scoot everyone else down 1.

1-Jabari Parker
    2-Andrew Wiggins
    3-Joel Embiid
    4-Julius Randle
    5-Noah Vonleh
    6-Aaron Gordon
    7-Tyler Ennis
    8-James Young

Marcus Smart in my opinion is a player without a position and those players cause chemistry problems. He will put up stats but I don't believe it will translate to wins. The Kings need to get away from undersized players, tweeners, and combo guards. I think Smart is a future rotational player or a stat producer on a bad team.
    No Exum?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent008 View Post
    No Exum?
    I explained why I left him out. I also said if I had included him he would probably be somewhere between 5 and 7

vCash
    I'll go with:

1. Wiggins
    2. Embiid
    3. Parker
    4. Exum
    5. Vonleh
    6. Randle
    7. Smart
    8. Young

I could be swayed to replace Young with Ennis if IT leaves. Levine would get consideration too, he's a little lower on the list because he's farther away from contributing.

I feel about Gordon like Plague feels about Smart. Gordon is a tweener without a jumper. I also think his D is overrated. He's a worse version of D-Will in my opinion.

I sort of agree with Plague about Smart, but I wouldn't mind him on our team. He seems like a more firey version of Reke. Reke wasn't someone to build a team around, but he's good as a sub backing up both guard positions. Plus, if Smart develops a jumper, he can be a very good player. I think Smart has a better chance of getting a jumper than Reke ever did.
    Last edited by Agent008; 05-22-2014 at 08:57 AM.

vCash
    Top 10
    1. Andrew Wiggins
    2. Jabari Parker
    3. Donte Exum
    4. Joel Embiid
    5. Noah Vonleh
    6. Julius Randle
    7. Marcus Smart
    8. Doug McDermott
    9. Aaron Gordon
    10. Zach LaVine

Players in play for the Kings, if they keep the pick.

1. Marcus Smart (I realize his talent, but not quite sold)
    2. Doug McDermott (Not flashy, but has the intangibles you look for in a quality player)
    3. Zach LaVine (Great size and athleticism, doesn't play to his strengths)
    4. Aaron Gordon (Freak athlete, I think he can develop into a solid role player either at the 4 or 3)
    5. Kyle Anderson (Do it all SF, not the most athletic, poor mans Chandler Parsons)
    6. James Young (Shooter, needs to get coached up)
    7. Gary Harris (Way too short for SG, Doesn't possess PG skills)
    8. Nik Stauskas (Tremendous 3 point shooter, solid bench option, underrated athlete, defense is in question)
    9. Elfrid Payton (Solid handle, quick first step (Austin Rivers), inconsistent jumper, slightly underrated)
    10. Rodney Hood (Good athlete, solid shooter with range, nice bench option, needs to keep the switch on)

I don't think there is anyone worth picking at 8, unless someone falls. If the Kings are stuck at 8 and have to take someone... I'm selecting LaVine or McDermott. LaVine is the wildcard with loads of untapped potential. McDermott offers a solid skill-set off the bench as well as a great work ethic (coaches son). Don't underestimate the experience gained from being a coaches son on a competitive level. Overall, he would just someone to develop off the bench.

vCash
    Wow, I don't like any of them above, sucks to pick at #8.

vCash
    My hope is that Aaron Gordon gets drafted before we pick. If that happens, someone will fall to us.

vCash
    Mcdermott as a Senior at Creighton had 8 steals and 5 blocks. He was a 4 year starter and the most steals that he had in a season was 11. That is a huge red flag that he can garner so little steals and at the NBA level he will need to play SF. I think he has Jimmer written all over him.

vCash
    If we can buy a pick in the 2nd round and he is available I like Jordan Adams as a 2nd round pick.

vCash

Let's try this again everyone now that we are 2 days from the draft
    1. Wiggins
    2. Parker (I like like Wiggins long term potential more than Parker's but I think Parker will be an all star as well)
    3. Exum
    4. Vonleh
    5. Smart
    6. Embiid
    7. Elfrid Payton
    8. Gordon

And no that's not a mock draft haha that's the big board I think the kings should have up

vCash
    Updating my top 10...

Original -

Top 10
    1. Andrew Wiggins
    2. Jabari Parker
    3. Donte Exum
    4. Joel Embiid
    5. Noah Vonleh
    6. Julius Randle
    7. Marcus Smart
    8. Doug McDermott
    9. Aaron Gordon
    10. Zach LaVine

Updated -

Top 10
    1. Andrew Wiggins
    2. Jabari Parker
    3. Donte Exum
    4. Noah Vonleh
    5. Aaron Gordon
    6. Marcus Smart
    7. Joel Embiid
    8. Zach LaVine
    9. Doug McDermott
    10. Elfrid Payton

vCash
    I am dropping Joel Embiid completely, I don't want the Kings to take him even at 8. He has had back problems since high school. When you have back problems at such a young age that is going to be a worst problem as he gets older. Embiid is a player that is unlikely to play full seasons. I figure best case scenario you have the next Bill Walton, worst case scenario he is the next Sam Bowie or Greg Oden.

vCash
    Of the players that I think the Kings can draft, ill just list 5

1. Marcus Smart
    2. Elfrid Payton
    3. Joel Embiid (i think he falls a lot)
    4. Nik Stauskas
    5. Aaron Gordon

I agree with Plague in that Smart is an obvious combo guard but I think he is that in a good way. Someone said above his jumper isnt as broken as Tyreke's and I agree with that, also he wants to defend at all times, something Tyreke didnt always wanna do. I think if we kept Isaiah, having Smart or Payton could allow us to hide Isaiah sometimes and they also have the ability to guard 2 guards. I think it creates a lot of versatility. Smart's intangibles are also extremely valuable.

vCash

Smart and Payton are my two favorites at the 8 spot I just don't think we use it

vCash
    Since there's a decent chance that we move down in the draft, I'll give my top-30 draft board:

1) Andrew Wiggins
    2) Jabari Parker
    3) Dante Exum
    4) Noah Vonleh
    5) Marcus Smart
    6) Joel Embiid
    7) Julius Randle
    8) Elfrid Payton
    9) Aaron Gordon
    10) Adrien Payne
    11) Rodney Hood
    12) Nik Stauskas