Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Red Sox Sign Stephen Drew

The Red Sox have reached an agreement with Stephen Drew, according to Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports. Jon Heyman of CBS Sports tweets that Drew is getting the pro-rated version of the qualifying offer ($14.1MM) on a one-year deal, meaning that Drew will be paid roughly $10.17MM. Drew is represented by Scott Boras.

Link

Last edited by Green_Monster; 05-20-2014 at 02:55 PM.

vCash
    Just saw this. I'm a little bit shocked to be honest. I know the name has been floating around but to actually see it, whoa.
    Feeling left out in society? Are you that kid? The Bruins forum can help you.

PSD's Zdeno Chara

PSD Bruins Hall of Fame Class of 2010

Yeti FTW

vCash
    hahahhaaa..

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Drew at SS, XB at 3B,

WMB healthy, AAA, and trade him away when he proves out... (unless they Sox try the PTBNL thing..)

GC stays put (good)

Next move... CF

Sox appear to be serious about THIS year.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

vCash
    I like it, prorated salary of the QO..he'll get like 10.2M and it lengthens our lineup

vCash
    Is Boras going to pay Drew for taking bad advice? Hahahhaha... lawyers never stand up to take the hit.

vCash
    It just seems like not everyone in the organization was on the same page with this move and that kind of worries me.

vCash
    Too bad, XB has showed solid improvement at SS. I wonder if this is the end of XB at SS? I guess it makes some kind of sense as WMB hasn't been healthy since his rookie year, Cecchini can't hit for power and can't play a passable defense at 3b. This pretty much opens up SS for Marrero next year if he keeps showing improvement at the plate. It only makes some sense that there should some moves to address LF,RF, and C.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    Is Boras going to pay Drew for taking bad advice? Hahahhaha... lawyers never stand up to take the hit.
    Taking the QO at the time would only have Drew in the exact same place again next year.

vCash
    ^ A move at catcher? Why?

I'd love to see Stanton be the next guy in here, or Kemp at a discount.

I think XB is headed for 1B or DH if GC can take over 3B. 3B is the worst position in baseball after C for long term injuries cutting careers short, I don't like XB at 3B for long.

vCash

I think XB is headed for 1B or DH if GC can take over 3B. 3B is the worst position in baseball after C for long term injuries cutting careers short, I don't like XB at 3B for long.
    Bring up Vasquez, let Ross mentor him. AJP provides nothing.

It would be nice if GC took a step forward this year with his defense, where he could be a mainstay at 3b for the next 10 years and force XB to LF.

Kemp would be interesting at a discount, you would think the Dodgers want to bring up Pederson soon who is tearing up AAA

vCash

Do you think Longoria ends up at 1B or DH too?

vCash
    Another move we could make is for Cliff Lee. Word on the street is that if Phillies fall out, then the Red Sox and Yankees would be in a bidding war for him.

PAPI SMASH!

vCash
    Baseball executives think they’ll have their eyes on Cliff Lee if the Phillies fall out of the race. Of course, that’s a big if.

The Yankees would have plenty of competition for Lee, perhaps even from the Red Sox, who have long coveted him, especially given his past relationship with John Farrell in the Cleveland organization. The Red Sox also have more to give than the Yankees in terms of prospects.
    http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/20...VrO/story.html

PAPI SMASH!

vCash
    I hope Drew bats near the top of the order Vs Righties

VS R .284/.377/.498
    VS L .196/.246/.340

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast