Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

2014 NBA Draft Lottery discussion thread - 5pm MST / 8pm EST

Let's use this to discuss.

Here's a link to ESPN's Lottery Machine.

Post how long it takes you to get the Suns in the top 3 and mention what spot we got.

http://espn.go.com/nba/lottery2014/mockdraft

vCash
    It took me 19 tries before we got into the top 3. Wound up with Wiggins at #1 (and James Young @ #14 with Minny's pick)

vCash
    It took me 75 freaking tries lol. Got #2 overall. Utah #1 and they take Jabari which leads to us taking Wiggins.

vCash
    So we get 5 sets of number combinations. If any of those combinations hit, we get in the top 3. (.5% chance)

To compare, the Bucks get 250 sets of numbers (25% chance)

LAL gets 63 sets of numbers (6.3% chance)

The only lingering hope is to look back to the Bulls with Rose. They had 17 sets of numbers and a 1.7% chance.

So it's unlikely but possible.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by king4day View Post
    So we get 5 sets of number combinations. If any of those combinations hit, we get in the top 3. (.5% chance)

To compare, the Bucks get 250 sets of numbers (25% chance)

LAL gets 63 sets of numbers (6.3% chance)

The only lingering hope is to look back to the Bulls with Rose. They had 17 sets of numbers and a 1.7% chance.

So it's unlikely but possible.
    Actually the 5 sets are just for the #1 overall pick. We have a 1.6% chance of moving into the top 3. Not that big of a difference but who knows we might get lucky.

vCash
    Here's a question we should ask ourselves. If, by some miracle, we do win a top three pick who would be everyone's primary target?

I'm probably in the minority when I say that I would take Jabari Parker and never look back. I'm of the belief that we're really only a couple pieces away from contending right now. One of those pieces being a SF who can carry us offensively in the half-court. Too much has been made of his lack of athleticism, much like Kyrie Irving when he came out. Just because he's not Wiggins-athletic, doesn't mean he doesn't have the physical tools to succeed as an NBA SF. I can't overstate Parkers' ability to score the basketball.

Played the lottery game on ESPN, got the #1 first try. We took Wiggins at #1 and James Young at #14, so yea.
    Last edited by STAT32; 05-20-2014 at 04:17 PM.
    It's a new age.

vCash
    Parker has everything offensively, even the killer instict that Wiggins lacks at times, but I would still take Wiggins because his ceiling is much higher and he is a better defender. You really can't go wrong with either tbh. I can't stress enough though how we should forget trading for a superstar if we get a top 3 pick. Draft Wiggins or Parker and trade up for Gordon or Saric and forget Love and Melo. Just upgrade the bench a bit but thats it. That would be another situation where going for Asik would be ok IMO.

Bled-Dragic-Wiggins-Gordon-Asik

Good luck scoring on that team and stopping them in the open court.

vCash
    Jabari only has one weakness and that's his defense, but that's why I would advocate keeping Tucker around. He's not a starter, but as far as Three-and-D there is no one better. And I like Asik but I just don't see how he fits what we're trying to do here. I'd rather keep our center rotation as is with Plumlee and Len. I think Gordon is exactly what management has in mind for a PF here in Phoenix. He's an athletic big who can run the floor and play solid post defense. What I love about Gordon is his ability to not be eaten alive on switches, he is a more than competent perimeter defender. But, his combine measurements mean he's probably going somewhere in the 4-10 range in the draft. We would need to trade up to get him.

My ideal lineup, should we get lucky tonight looks similar to yours:

Eric Bledsoe/Ish Smith
    Goran Dragic/Gerald Green(Sixth Man)
    Jabari Parker/PJ Tucker
    Channing Frye/Aaron Gordon
    Miles Plumlee/Alex Len

That allows us to maintain our cap flexibility (Trade for a disgruntled star mid-season?), without mortgaging the future. Jabari and Tucker would split minutes depending on matchups and Gordon would get a year to learn the system and what will be expected of him as a stretch 4.

Either way, we win the lottery tonight and we are in such good shape moving forward.
    It's a new age.

vCash
    Don't agree on Frye at all. send him to Por or Hou they need him more than us specially since we're upgrading the PF either by draft, trade or FA. He was a nice come back story and his floor spacing helped but his atrocious defense and rebounding killed us even more. Also we have the Twins on rookie contracts and both of their bird rights so something needs to be done about them whether it be to extend them or trade them in a package for an upgrade at either SF, PF or C. Both twins are individually better than Frye in every single aspect of the game so theres another reason to trade him. Say we draft Wiggins and trade up using the Minny pick and Was pick to draft Gordon. And we draft Jahii Carson in the 2nd(Next Nate Robinson) because we do need to have a true pg in the bench whether it be a vet or rook. That leaves us with

Bled/Goodwin/Ish/Carson
    Dragic/Green
    Wiggs or Parker/Tucker/Mook
    Gordon/Kieff/Frye
    Plum/Len

Tucker would probably be the odd man out given that he can get more pt and serve better purpose in Chicago, Indy, San Anto or Miami(with Battier and possibly Allen retiring)

Now we have Frye who won't opt out unless he's guaranteed a 3 year deal. So we can keep Frye and dump the twins but it wouldn't be worth it unless it's for Noah or Marc Gasol IMO or even Hayward(pushing it). That's not even counting the Indy pick as well.

vCash
    As fun as it'd be to talk who to pick with a top 3 pick, this is as least likely a scenario as it gets. Let's not get our hopes up

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by king4day View Post
    As fun as it'd be to talk who to pick with a top 3 pick, this is as least likely a scenario as it gets. Let's not get our hopes up
    It's the lottery thread we know we have 1.8% chance to move up. I'm just keeping it alive while there is a microscopic amount of hope lol.

vCash
    Here we go. I'm more hoping for good vibes that LAL doesn't get in the top 3

vCash
    And it's over lol.

vCash
    Cleveland to the top 3 again .

vCash
    Whewwwwwwww. Sucks we're not in but whatever. I'm stoked the Hornets are back in the lottery

And oh yea, the Lakers DON'T GET A TOP PICK!!!!!!
    Last edited by king4day; 05-20-2014 at 08:23 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast