Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WRs

vCash

WRs

With 12 WRs currently on the roster who will make the 53 man roster? We usually take 5 WRs on active roster could take a 6th if we dont carry 5 RBs.

Marques Colston
    Kenny Stills
    Brandin Cooks
    Nick Toon
    Robert Meachem
    Joe Morgan
    Brandon Coleman
    Andy Tanner
    Chris Givens
    Charles Hawkins
    Seantavius Jones
    Steve Hull

vCash

WRs

Colston Stills Cooks are the only Locks I see

vCash

WRs

I really want to see Toon make it but if he dosent show anything in Preseason i think hes gone along with a older Meachem.

Tanner has been on our practice squad for a few yrs hes earned a chance but I dont see him make it either.

Coleman will be interesting hopefully he makes it he has the size and speed to be very dangerous.

The other 4 will probably be competing to be on the Practice Squad.

vCash
    Colston, Stills, Cooks, Morgan and Coleman.

I don't know if Coleman would be able to pass through to the practice squad, so he could make the roster like Griffin did last year.

If Coleman can pass through, then I think Toon would make it. Meachem's blocking may save him, but I'm not sure.

Cooks could make Morgan redundant, but more speed would be nice. Kind of like how Henderson and Meachem used to be.

vCash
    Dang forgot about Morgan but you said what I was thinking

Quote Originally Posted by iamaj View Post

Cooks could make Morgan redundant, but more speed would be nice. Kind of like how Henderson and Meachem used to be.

vCash
    This is a very deep topic, bcuz we will cut some good players this camp. The WR position is stack with talent. Man, I'd love to be at the table when theyre discussing these players on who to keep and who to cut! I'll give my true list after I see these rookies in camp with the vets, to observe their body language. But for fun right now, i'll go with

COLSTON
    STILLS
    COOK
    TOON
    MEACHEM

COLEMAN(Ball out OR Medical Redshirt)

*Joe Morgan was in Paytons dog house before his injury. He'd have to ball out to regain Caoch Paytons and Drews trust again, plus this ACL injury will give him that mental hurdle to cross.
    (That being said, Joe Morgan takes Meachem spot if he bounce back and ball out)
    Last edited by BIGBREED; 05-18-2014 at 09:56 PM.
    I officially now have a "Stephen" following me!

From my Stephen-
    "Ya damn near ran one of the most ride or die for the Saint fans on here. But that's ok, all that gon change!"
    "I'm gon get with ya every time u try to disrespect other Saints fans!"
    "I wish he opens his mouth!"
    "It's a new day Saints Forum!"

http://youtu.be/7AjWj91B7fo

Time Will Tell My Accuracy's

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGBREED View Post
    This is a very deep topic, bcuz we will cut some good players this camp. The WR position is stack with talent. Man, I'd love to be at the table when theyre discussing these players on who to keep and who to cut! I'll give my true list after I see these rookies in camp with the vets, to observe their body language. But for fun right now, i'll go with

COLSTON
    STILLS
    COOK
    TOON
    MEACHEM

COLEMAN(Ball out OR Medical Redshirt)

*Joe Morgan was in Paytons dog house before his injury. He'd have to ball out to regain Caoch Paytons and Drews trust again, plus this ACL injury will give him that mental hurdle to cross.
    (That being said, Joe Morgan takes Meachem spot if he bounce back and ball out)
    This is what I see happening with Coleman, probably a few other guys. I agree with BB's 5 projections, but I think Morgan takes Meachem's spot due to age/I think Morgan will come back hungry
    "I am and always will be- The Optimist. The hoper of far-flung hopes. The dreamer of improbable dreams."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PRM10 View Post
    With 12 WRs currently on the roster who will make the 53 man roster? We usually take 5 WRs on active roster could take a 6th if we dont carry 5 RBs.

Marques Colston
    Kenny Stills
    Brandin Cooks
    Nick Toon
    Robert Meachem
    Joe Morgan
    Brandon Coleman
    Andy Tanner
    Chris Givens
    Charles Hawkins
    Seantavius Jones
    Steve Hull
    Colston is our go to guy, Stills will start opposite of Colston and hopefully he continues to develop he looks promising, Cooks I hope he gets the playbook quick and steps in and does what he can do he should be a really good WR.

After that the rest of the players are fighting for the final two spots. We will see what Morgan brings this year at training camp, and Meachem we know what we have in him he is a speed guy that can block but sometimes becomes invisible in games. I like the size of Coleman but unless he really shows something in camp he is the long shot, but as mentioned before may come up with some "injury" and get put on the shelf by the Saints to be kept on the team. Nick Toon has the size and skill but not the ability and I have him as the next Adrian Arrington unless he really shows something it may be time to cut ties with him. Chris Givens is a big WR also, and Charles Hawkins has been clocked below 4.3 in the forty he can really stretch out the field. The guy I like is Andy Tanner he knows the offense and has good hands. Seantavious Jones is another big WR, but a bit on the slower side running a 4.53 in the forty and has really great TD numbers. Then there is Steve Hull who is raw at WR he was a converted safety his senior season but over the final 6 games of his senior season he led the nation in receptions and yards. He could turn into a good player with more coaching.

This is all my two cents of course but I like our WR's and the competition that we will have at camp. After Colston and Meachem we do not have much experiance but we do have alot of speed.
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/bf/Odb_welfare.jpg

vCash
    Colston
    Cooks
    Stills
    Morgan
    Meacham
    Coleman

I say we will carry 6 receivers due to Colston and Morgan injury history. Also as someone said we are not going to carry 5 backs like last year only 4 maybe even 3 if Cooks balls out in a Sproles role on game day Cadet may be a inactive player. Also Coleman was ranked the number 1 overall un drafted player. And every report I have read from people about him is that it is NO WAY he clears waivers if he is released. Teams are watching what he does. Payton said he looks good and is improving in what little he did see of him.

vCash
    LET ME FIND OUT.......

Let Me Find Out - 5th Ward Weebie ( Video ): http://youtu.be/bCdLaFa619A
    I officially now have a "Stephen" following me!

From my Stephen-
    "Ya damn near ran one of the most ride or die for the Saint fans on here. But that's ok, all that gon change!"
    "I'm gon get with ya every time u try to disrespect other Saints fans!"
    "I wish he opens his mouth!"
    "It's a new day Saints Forum!"

http://youtu.be/7AjWj91B7fo

Time Will Tell My Accuracy's

vCash
    This is a tough one we have a lot of competition at WR for sure.

I think the top 3 are pretty clear Colston, Stills, and Cooks. Those last two spots I think are totally up for competition. I think Brees will be a 51% influence on who gets those two spots.

I played a little football and if you're running great routes and getting open sure you may get noticed by the Coaches eventually, but if the QB isn't throwing you the ball through his progression of the offense then what.

So Brees I think can help who he wants to look good shine out there. I'd ***ume.

Personally, I'd like it if Coleman put on some weight 25lbs or so and played TE with Jimmy Grabs.

I personally would like to see Toon and Morgan get the last two spots and Coleman stay on as a TE ideally cause I want to see that big WR on the field in some way without taking field time from the other WRs.
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Underdogz∞ View Post
    This is a tough one we have a lot of competition at WR for sure.

I think the top 3 are pretty clear Colston, Stills, and Cooks. Those last two spots I think are totally up for competition. I think Brees will be a 51% influence on who gets those two spots.

I played a little football and if you're running great routes and getting open sure you may get noticed by the Coaches eventually, but if the QB isn't throwing you the ball through his progression of the offense then what.

So Brees I think can help who he wants to look good shine out there. I'd ***ume.

Personally, I'd like it if Coleman put on some weight 25lbs or so and played TE with Jimmy Grabs

I personally would like to see Toon and Morgan get the last two spots and Coleman stay on as a TE ideally cause I want to see that big WR on the field in some way without taking field time from the other WRs.
    Tough to teach a guy a new position like that. We don't know if he can block
    "I am and always will be- The Optimist. The hoper of far-flung hopes. The dreamer of improbable dreams."

vCash
    I'll go with

Horn
    Poole
    Micheal Lewis
    Hakeem
    Stallworth

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by saintsfan33 View Post
    Tough to teach a guy a new position like that. We don't know if he can block
    Obviously I understand your point 33.

Just making for conversation, I think that sometimes too much stock is put into the idea that a NFL player can't play a different position if asked to do so and is willing to do so. Now I'm not saying every player has the ability to do it.

If faced with either being a practice squad WR or a game day TE I think he would choose TE.

I think the fact that he is a rookie too would make his transition easier to TE because he is just learning the game of NFL football.

WR of his size can be a TE split out wide such as Jimmy does quite a bit.

Even more so, TE could just be a title to aid in roster position numbers, how we use the player on the field is a different story.
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

vCash
    I'm really hope Toon makes it....i had high hopes for him becoming our next best thing to Colston at WR He had a great opportunity to prove something when we played the Jets in N.Y. I wont solely blame him for the lost but it was at least two passes he should have caught to set us up for a better position to win. But i wont give up on him just yet....Been rooting for Morgan as well as soon as i got the news of his injury i felt our offense lost a weapon

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast