Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 78 1231151 ... LastLast
    vCash

Kevin Love interested in coming to Warriors or Bulls

Kevin Love will be one of the top available free agents on the market after next season, unless of course the Timberwolves decide to trade him before then in a preemptive move to ensure they receive something in return, rather than allowing their franchise player to leave without compensation.

The latest reports all say the same thing, which is essentially that Love has made it clear he’ll pursue his options in free agency rather than committing to staying in Minnesota.

While he hasn’t come out and demanded to be traded, perhaps due to being careful not to allow his image to take a hit the way other stars like Dwight Howard did in similar situations, Love does reportedly have preferred destinations should the Timberwolves decide a deal is in their best interest.

From Marc Stein and Ramona Shelburne of ESPN.com:

Sources told ESPN.com that the Golden State Warriors and Chicago Bulls are among the potential trade destinations that intrigue Love.

The Los Angeles Lakers and New York Knicks have likewise been mentioned all season as big-market landing spots that would tempt Love, but going to the best situation for immediate contention is said to be the power forward’s priority.

Sources say that the Phoenix Suns, armed with several draft assets to offer Minnesota, also have strong interest in trading for Love, but the 25-year-old’s interest in joining the Suns is unclear.

The combination of a large market and a situation that’s immediately conducive to winning is what seems to appeal to Love the most.

Any trade would hinge on Love’s prior agreement to sign a max contract to stay in his new situation, or at the very least, any trade involving a team willing to give up substantial assets in exchange for Love’s services would require that commitment. A club could of course deal for Love in hopes he would re-sign long-term the way the Lakers did with Howard a couple of seasons ago, but the offer would be diminished without Love’s assurances.

Once the draft order has been settled following Tuesday’s lottery, there will more clarity in terms of which teams have the best combinations of picks and players to offer. The Timberwolves haven’t yet committed to trading Love; their preference is to convince him to stay. But it appears as though at this stage of the proceedings, when other teams inquire about Love’s availability, Minnesota has no choice but to listen.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...artner=ya5nbcs

vCash
    Thanks for making this a new thread even though it's being disused in two threads already asandhu23.

It would be cool to see him on the Warriors, but I think Lee stays and flourishes with Curry in the triangle under Kerr, I don't see it happening.

Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    F.O. get this done without giving up Steph, Klay, Bogut, or Green. Even if we go small with Love at the 5 and green at 4 we would only loose shot blocking but everyone could space the floor....OMG
    49ers, Warriors, SF Giants, Sharks lol SMH

vCash
    Madness. I would rather trade Klay Bogut for either a more reliable C and/or depth. Sometimes I wonder if the people who post here actually watch the games.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lol, please View Post
    Madness. I would rather trade Klay Bogut for either a more reliable C and/or depth. Sometimes I wonder if the people who post here actually watch the games.
    yeah because K Love definitely wouldn't make us a better team. Hop off David Lees dick.

vCash
    I think you would have to consider adding klay to this deal (assuming love agrees to resign). Id def see if they bite on Barnes and Lee- but if it came to adding klay and possibly also getting budinger or something like that than I think they reluctantly pull the trigger.

although keeping the team together is not the end of the world, so it all depends what other teams are offering for Love. If teams are offering top 3 picks in this yrs draft ... than klay might have to be added. If the twolves are mostly getting spare parts- perhaps lee, speights and barnes would get it done.
    A role model if I ever knew one

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    I think you would have to consider adding klay to this deal (assuming love agrees to resign). Id def see if they bite on Barnes and Lee- but if it came to adding klay and possibly also getting budinger or something like that than I think they reluctantly pull the trigger.

although keeping the team together is not the end of the world, so it all depends what other teams are offering for Love. If teams are offering top 3 picks in this yrs draft ... than klay might have to be added. If the twolves are mostly getting spare parts- perhaps lee, speights and barnes would get it done.
    Of course we should think about adding Klay but its not preferred. Good thing is SG are the easiest to find and with the SG as a position on the decline it might not hurt as much if we loose him as well.
    49ers, Warriors, SF Giants, Sharks lol SMH

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lincecum=future View Post
    yeah because K Love definitely wouldn't make us a better team. Hop off David Lees dick.
    Where do I say he won't? We can win with lee and with the current team, and making improvements to the bench would be more impactful than upgrading PF, especially when your PF is AS caliber and a core player who already works well with Curry.

vCash
    Where do I say he won't? We can win with lee and with the current team, and making improvements to the bench would be more impactful than upgrading PF, especially when your PF is AS caliber and a core player who already works well with Curry.
    The post you quoted said if we didn't involve Steph Klay Bogut and Green. If we could swing a deal around Lee and Barnes + picks and fillers we would be idiotic not to pull the trigger. He is substantially better than Lee. It's not even close. Barnes production is easily replaced as well.

Not going to happen with that package but to suggest trading away Bogut or Klay for depth give me a break

vCash
    The post you quoted said if we didn't involve Steph Klay Bogut and Green. If we could swing a deal around Lee and Barnes + picks and fillers we would be idiotic not to pull the trigger. He is substantially better than Lee. It's not even close. Barnes production is easily replaced as well.

Not going to happen with that package but to suggest trading away Bogut or Klay for depth give me a break
    I think addressing the bench at the cost of losing Klay, Barnes, or Bogut would do more of a positive impact than trading Barnes and Lee for Love, yes. Absolutely.

Of our current roster I would do everything in my power to keep Curry/Iggy/Lee/Green/Blake/Nedovic and any one of Klay or Bogut, but I would go for a more reliable (health wise) C over a clear upgrade at PF any day of the week. PF isn't a problem or weakeness on this team, so while an upgrade would be an upgrade, it wouldn't be a huge impact on the team in the long run if the bench is still going to give leads back, and with the addition of a new system with Kerr, I would love to hear someone explain why they think a hybrid triangle wouldn't work with this current roster, given all I hear around the media from people who have voiced in on the subject seem to think that Curry/Lee and the rest of the team would excel in that system.

vCash
    I think addressing the bench at the cost of losing Klay, Barnes, or Bogut would do more of a positive impact than trading Barnes and Lee for Love, yes. Absolutely.

Of our current roster I would do everything in my power to keep Curry/Iggy/Lee/Green/Blake/Nedovic and any one of Klay or Bogut, but I would go for a more reliable (health wise) C over a clear upgrade at PF any day of the week. PF isn't a problem or weakeness on this team, so while an upgrade would be an upgrade, it wouldn't be a huge impact on the team in the long run if the bench is still going to give leads back, and with the addition of a new system with Kerr, I would love to hear someone explain why they think a hybrid triangle wouldn't work with this current roster, given all I hear around the media from people who have voiced in on the subject seem to think that Curry/Lee and the rest of the team would excel in that system.
    You do know that the warriors would still have their 11 million dollar trqde exception and their midlevel exception to add a few players to the bench (even if they managed to land love. )

vCash
    Sure, what's your point, that they should go after him anyway? I have never argued against it being the sensical basketball move, I have a problem with Lee being constantly written off after putting in such hard work, being efficient, being a class act, and being a top 10 PF in the league and our most consistent second option after Curry and a player who can take us to the top under Kerr, and while I would love to see us get better period, it's not the first time I find myself wanting us to win with the lesser player now because of how unberable and ignorant my own fellow fans are that they just make me want to see them eat crow.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post

as a wolves fan I would love this.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=lo3xdym

how bout you?

vCash
    Sure, what's your point, that they should go after him anyway? I have never argued against it being the sensical basketball move, I have a problem with Lee being constantly written off after putting in such hard work, being efficient, being a class act, and being a top 10 PF in the league and our most consistent second option after Curry and a player who can take us to the top under Kerr, and while I would love to see us get better period, it's not the first time I find myself wanting us to win with the lesser player now because of how unberable and ignorant my own fellow fans are that they just make me want to see them eat crow.
    well going after a guy like kevin love isnt exactly the same thing as saying "Lee must go" and lets trade him for anything we can get. The opportunity to bring in a top 10 player is more of what id be focused on than whether or not we think david lee put in hard work or if his play hurt our chances of winning int he playoffs or whatever.

Im not really thinking about david lee- Im thinking we have a legit chance to land kevin love and if ownership is serious about always looking to get better- its worth looking into.

vCash
    Not so much you stylez but some people on here talk about him like hes our 9th option and a scrub when in fact after Curry he's our most reliable scorer and it's sickening, it's about as bad as booing Lacob for trading Monta for Bogut, just foolish but whatever, fans will be fans.

Page 1 of 78 1231151 ... LastLast