Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

So who's going to be the home run king this year?

Jose Abreu looks like he's smashing everything out at a high rate, only thing is I wonder how long he can keep this up because outside of the home runs and a fair share of doubles his numbers look pedestrian.

Bautista looks to be in MVP form again, Pujols seems to be having an emergence, at least in the power department, however these 2 are getting up there in age.

Chris Davis has gotten of to a slow start but could easily get hot with the bat fast in the HR department.

Stanton might take it this year if he can stay healthy as he too is having a comeback year, well a year that's closer to his norm I should say.

Troy is having a great year but is a power hitter more for a 2nd baseman not an elite power overall. He also needs to stay healthy.

Ortiz seems to never age with his bat and definitely has a shot to do it.

Nelson Cruz sure has the power but has only hit over 30 homers twice in his career.

Thoughts?

vCash
    My thoughts are on Swisher.

vCash
    Stanton !
    Be $wavy

vCash
    My thoughts are your opening sentence is stupid. Makes no sense. Other than his home runs and doubles his numbers look pedestrian? What does that even mean?

Big THX to MJ's Bulls and pheagles10 on the sig help!
    Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sep11ie View Post
    My thoughts are your opening sentence is stupid. Makes no sense. Other than his home runs and doubles his numbers look pedestrian? What does that even mean?
    He has a .260 Avg which is ok, not great, a .312 obp which is easily below avg and a 1/5 walk/strike out ratio.

Right now it's safe to say all of his production is coming solely from his power really.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampirate View Post
    He has a .260 Avg which is ok, not great, a .312 obp which is easily below avg and a 1/5 walk/strike out ratio.

Right now it's safe to say all of his production is coming solely from his power really.
    Did you ask who was gonna win the batting title or home run title?

Big THX to MJ's Bulls and pheagles10 on the sig help!
    Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sep11ie View Post
    Did you ask who was gonna win the batting title or home run title?
    Home Run title, but great home run hitters usually have a very high contact rate or very high obp to go along with the power to sustain it. I doubt he can sustain it due to the rest of his numbers.

The season is very young though so maybe his numbers overall will improve.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampirate View Post
    Jose Abreu looks like he's smashing everything out at a high rate, only thing is I wonder how long he can keep this up because outside of the home runs and a fair share of doubles his numbers look pedestrian.

Bautista looks to be in MVP form again, Pujols seems to be having an emergence, at least in the power department, however these 2 are getting up there in age.

Chris Davis has gotten of to a slow start but could easily get hot with the bat fast in the HR department.

Stanton might take it this year if he can stay healthy as he too is having a comeback year, well a year that's closer to his norm I should say.

Troy is having a great year but is a power hitter more for a 2nd baseman not an elite power overall. He also needs to stay healthy.

Ortiz seems to never age with his bat and definitely has a shot to do it.

Nelson Cruz sure has the power but has only hit over 30 homers twice in his career.

Thoughts?
    what does abreu's other stats have to do with who will lead the league in HRs? lol

im going with him in AL and stanton in NL.

vCash
    Abreu better get a grip on the strike zone cause in May he's got 22 K's against 1 walk in 58 at bats. It's a miracle he's hit anything given that he's striking out in nearly 40% of his at bats.

I'd say AL - Bautista and NL Stanton. If Bautista isn't healthy than Miguel Cabrera would be my AL choice.

Vic Mackey: You better figure out how much you hate me. And how you're going to deal with that. 'Cause I'm not going anywhere.

This sums up every sports interview, ever.

vCash
    Bautista if he stays healthy.
    Favourite Teams:

Boston Red Sox: 46-52, games this week vs. Blue Jays (4), Rays (3)
    Indianapolis Colts: Good draft and off-season so far.
    Looking for new NBA team to cheer for
    Ottawa Senators: 37-31-14, season over, free agency begins this week.

vCash
    Abreu will also start seeing less fastballs soon

vCash
    But Brian Dozier

vCash
    NotAbreu

vCash
    Cabrera.
    2013 Adopt-A-Lion: Nick Fairley

vCash
    Looks like Pujols his back to his old ways. He has the track record to sustain it the best. I would say him, with 44 homers.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast