Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Unhappy The ruins of the Pontiac Silverdome

The Detroit Lions moved out of the Pontiac Silverdome and into Ford Field 12 years ago, and apparently the Silverdome is still standing, though not well. I'm surprised it hasn't been torn down yet, honestly. If the city of Pontiac desires a facility for concerts, tractor pulls and the like, then why not just tear down the Silverdome and replace it with some fairgrounds? They'd be a lot less expensive to maintain. As it is right now, the Silverdome is a crumbling eyesore.
    "...more talking went on between us all until [Roethlisberger and his entourage] left the bar. Then I seperated with [name redacted] and the other girls and went with another group, and everything else happened, and I was told about it this morning and felt I needed to give my statement. Looking back and hearing all of the details, it seems to me that it was a set-up, and so I think this needed to be told."

-Victoria Garofalo, Zeta Tau Alpha sorority sister, in a statement to the GBI

vCash
    By the way, please do not merge this topic with the off-season transactions thread. It has nothing to do with football players changing teams; it's simply examining the condition of a former NFL facility.
    "...more talking went on between us all until [Roethlisberger and his entourage] left the bar. Then I seperated with [name redacted] and the other girls and went with another group, and everything else happened, and I was told about it this morning and felt I needed to give my statement. Looking back and hearing all of the details, it seems to me that it was a set-up, and so I think this needed to be told."

-Victoria Garofalo, Zeta Tau Alpha sorority sister, in a statement to the GBI

vCash

vCash

The ruins of the Pontiac Silverdome

They play ads on the radio all the time about owning one of the seats, that makes me think that either a demo or a renovation could be nearing.

A few years ago there was talk of turning it into a community of bars. Only issue is that Pontiac sucks, it's like Detroit only without all of the cool offerings and charm.
    Quote Originally Posted by WillisLovechild View Post
    First Tier:
    Calvin Johnson
    AJ Green
    Julio Jones
    Brandon Marshall
    Andre Johnson
    Larry Fitzgerald
    Dez Bryant
    Demaryius Thomas
    Michael Crabtree

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by MonroeFAN View Post
    They play ads on the radio all the time about owning one of the seats, that makes me think that either a demo or a renovation could be nearing.

A few years ago there was talk of turning it into a community of bars. Only issue is that Pontiac sucks, it's like Detroit only without all of the cool offerings and charm.
    Detroit has that?

BTW a buddy of mine is an assistant city planner of Detroit. How's the urban farming projects doing?
    #BanMiltstar

vCash
    So sad. I have a ton of great memories going to the Silverdome.

People laugh and make Detroit jokes all the time, but its a terrible tragedy. Its a perfect example of what happens when politicians let personal finances dictate their "political" decisions. The auto pact & free trade made a lot of rich people even richer, while absolutely destroying Detroit, Flint, etc. All over America, industries are being sold off to the highest bidding countries (with the lowest labour costs), but people still make Detroit jokes and think what happened to the city had something to do with the people that live(d) there.

At one point, Detroit was held in as high esteem as New York City. It's nickname was the Paris of the West, and it was an ultra modern marvel to the world. To not see & think that this has been happening all across the US is incredibly sad. Cities are getting poorer every year. Detroit is just the tip of the iceberg. People need to stop making jokes and open their eyes to what's actually happening.
    Last edited by whooligun; 05-17-2014 at 10:24 AM.

2013 & 2014 Lions Forum Draft Prediction Game Champion

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post

Detroit has that?

BTW a buddy of mine is an assistant city planner of Detroit. How's the urban farming projects doing?
    Some people think it does. Not sure where I lie with that.
    First Tier:
    Calvin Johnson
    AJ Green
    Julio Jones
    Brandon Marshall
    Andre Johnson
    Larry Fitzgerald
    Dez Bryant
    Demaryius Thomas
    Michael Crabtree

vCash

I will say, I've seen some incredible shows in that city, and our baseball team is ridiculous. Hopefully the lions can put together another winning season as well. With the wings downtown as well, there are some great evenings to be had.

I tend to stick a bit north of there though when I'm in Michigan.
    First Tier:
    Calvin Johnson
    AJ Green
    Julio Jones
    Brandon Marshall
    Andre Johnson
    Larry Fitzgerald
    Dez Bryant
    Demaryius Thomas
    Michael Crabtree

vCash
    Interesting. Place looks depressing now.... So irie

vCash
    I am shocked that an unused, empty building has fallen to ruins.

vCash
    If I lived there and were a Lions fan I'd probably try to remove and steal a seat. That'd be pretty cool in a mancave.

CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM!

vCash

^its not an abandoned building, someone owns it.

As I mentioned,They are actively selling the chairs right now via radio/commercial.
    First Tier:
    Calvin Johnson
    AJ Green
    Julio Jones
    Brandon Marshall
    Andre Johnson
    Larry Fitzgerald
    Dez Bryant
    Demaryius Thomas
    Michael Crabtree

vCash
    ^its not an abandoned building, someone owns it...
    I didn't characterize it as abandoned, I characterized it as unused and empty.

vCash
    ^its not an abandoned building, someone owns it.

As I mentioned,They are actively selling the chairs right now via radio/commercial.
    It's in Detroit, why would you pay for something when you could just steal it? That'd be like being a pirate and paying for yer booty.

CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast