Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

This's Scott Brooks opportunity to start Durant at the PF and run a high pace offense

Ibaka is out. OKC should move Durant to the PF and start Stephen Adams at the center. They should play a high tempo game against the Spurs. Durant should take Leonard to the post. Let Collison get some minutes at the PF and have Perkins sub in for Adams. Any chance Brooks tries to implement anything like this or will Durant enter another series getting most of his looks from the perimeter?

vCash
    Scott brooks is an uninventive coach who is afraid to try new things especially this deep in the playoffs.

I don't think it's a bad idea in fact I think the Thunder could be one of the best fast break teams in the NBA if utilized correctly

vCash
    Reggie-RW-Butler-KD-Adams would be great.

vCash
    If I'm Scott Brooks I would bring in Perry Jones into the lineup to replace Ibaka. Jones has a lot of Potential and I think this would be his opportunity to show that he deserves to be apart of this team

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kushed View Post
    Scott brooks is an uninventive coach who is afraid to try new things especially this deep in the playoffs.

I don't think it's a bad idea in fact I think the Thunder could be one of the best fast break teams in the NBA if utilized correctly
    100% this. I mean can someone explain why Perkins continues to play when every lineup with him sucks? For god sakes, the Thunder starting lineup had a net negative rating of -2.8 per possession during the season. How the **** does that happen when you play with Durant and Westbrook? Then when the subs come in and the Thunder run, they crush everyone.
    Patriots Forum HOF Class of 2011

vCash
    I've been impressed with Adams from what I've seen this post season, but having Perkins in the lineup against Duncan usually fairs well for OKC. Duncan will be able to take advantage of Adams' inexperience.

I think OKC does try this though. Having Durant at the 4 causes problems with Splitter being in the game. Tiago might have some success posting up KD, but no way could he guard him out on the perimeter.

vCash
    he should.
    he wont.

vCash
    It's not the offensive end. They don't need to change anything. Ibaka's value is on the defensive end against Duncan.

It's the defense they need to adjust now. Keep KD where he's at. The offense without Ibaka will still be fine.

But that being said, the loss of Ibaka is too big of a blow. OKC is done!

vCash
    It's their best option, though SA is capable of playing small as well. The other thing, I don't see Durant taking Leonard to the post either. Not only against Leonard in general, but it just doesn't seem like he operates from there a lot. It'd be tough to have him change how he plays now.

Adams/Collison can be effective, I know that much. Especially Collison who is capable of hitting that mid range jumper.