Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Draft Awards

vCash

Draft Awards

I hate seeing the original draft grades posted on ESPN after every draft. They always get mad because a organization disagreed with him. Funny thing is there is no way of knowing what the teams intentions are. Most of the analyst don't look at scheme fits which irritates me more than anything else. Not every player fits every team, and other players fit a scheme better than a elite athlete. Teams are trying to get tougher, add more speed, add size, and etc. There is no way to tell what they are looking to add nor do we have even close to as much film and 1 on 1 time as they do. I also don't like to call teams out because you never know what will happen. As a Seahawks fan I have been through a couple of interesting drafts the past couple of years. As much as you want to question the decisions you ultimately know that their track record is much better than mine. That being said we all have opinions and we all like to express it.

So instead of grading each and every team I decided to do draft awards.

Team Awards:

1) The team that will have the most immediate impact from the draft picks:
    2) The team that will benefit the most in the long term from the draft picks:
    3) The team that will get over the hump with the draft picks:
    4) The team you thought did the best with what they had:
    5) The team you thought had the best opportunity to succeed and did not:
    6) The team you thought needed to make a big move and did/didn't and benefitted from it (Ex ATL needing to trade up for a impact player but staying and getting J Matthews, CLE trading up for Manziel):
    7) The team you thought needed to make a big move and did/did not and did not benefit from it:
    8) Team that improved the offense the most:
    9) Team that improved the defense the most:
    10) Team that improved the special teams the most:

Player Awards:

1) The player that in is in the best position to succeed:
    2) The player that may be in a difficult position:
    3) Player that will win DROTY:
    4) Player that will win OROTY:
    5) Player that will help elevate the teams defense the most in the future:
    6) Player that will help elevate the teams offense the most in the future:
    7) Player that will make the biggest impact of special teams in the future:
    8) Offensive player with the best chance to become a HOF:
    9) Defensive player with the best chance to become a HOF:
    10) Name the players you think will become HOF from this class within the next 50 years:
    Last edited by seahawks509; 05-16-2014 at 05:56 PM.

PSD NFL Mock Draft | Seattle Seahawks GM
    2nd Demarcus Lawrence DE/OLB Boise State
    3rd Martavis Bryant WR Clemson
    3rd Trai Turner OG LSU
    4th Brent Urban DT Virginia
    4th Terrence West RB Towson
    5th Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    7th Laurent Duvernay-Tardif OT McGill (Canada)

vCash
    Team:
    1) St. Louis
    2) Jacksonville
    3) Arizona
    4) Seattle
    5) San Francisco ( Only reason I put this was because I couldn't think of a team and I thought SF needed a impact player more than little pieces. Seattle needed to refill the depth they lost in FA)
    6) Atlanta
    7) Cleveland ( I love the entire first round and even like the 2nd round. Im just not sure about passing on a WR. There were a ton of solid WR in the late 2nd and 3rd they could have traded for. This was tough for me because overall I really did like the CLE draft. I even like the Terrence West pick. Passing on a WR might come back to haunt them.
    8) Tampa Bay
    9) Chicago
    10) Pittsburgh

Player:
    1) Jadeveon Clowney/ Jimmy Garoppolo
    2) Michael Sam ( I think his show will hurt him )
    3) Easley (if he plays)
    4) Brandon Cooks
    5) Aaron Donald
    6) Sammy Watkins
    7) Jordan Zumwalt
    8) Greg Robinson
    9) Jadeveon Clowney
    10) Clowney, Robinson, Marqise Lee, Aaron Donald

Overall I thought pretty much every team got better

3rd Trai Turner OG LSU

vCash
    Team Awards:

1) The team that will have the most immediate impact from the draft picks: St. Louis. - Robinson and Joyner and Donald. Enough said. That defense is gonna be sick. A shame their wr are turrible
    2) The team that will benefit the most in the long term from the draft picks: jags duh. Bortles franchise qb. Two franchise wr.
    3) The team that will get over the hump with the draft picks: not over the hump. Already good but GB with haha is an excellent fit. And I LOVE Jimmie ward to SF. San Diego will benefit also. Just stuck in tough division
    4) The team you thought did the best with what they had: jags
    5) The team you thought had the best opportunity to succeed and did not: Ckeveland
    6) The team you thought needed to make a big move and did/didn't and benefitted from it (Ex ATL needing to trade up for a impact player but staying and getting J Matthews, CLE trading up for manziel): Atlanta easy. Kept their picks. Got IMO #1 lt in the class
    7) The team you thought needed to make a big move and did/did not and did not benefit from it: SF. Still need more playmakers on offense.
    8) Team that improved the offense the most: jags
    9) Team that improved the defense the most: stl
    10) Team that improved the special teams the most:whoever took the punter who did more reps than clowney

Player Awards:

1) The player that in is in the best position to succeed: Blake bortles
    2) The player that may be in a difficult position: Johnny manziel
    3) Player that will win DROTY: lamarcus Joyner although it's hard for a cb to. He's an all around db. Will get it done
    4) Player that will win OROTY: bishop sankey or kelvin Benjamin
    5) Player that will help elevate the teams defense the most in the future: Telvin smith
    6) Player that will help elevate the teams offense the most in the future: bortles
    7) Player that will make the biggest impact of special teams in the future: Dri archer
    8) Offensive player with the best chance to become a HOF: jake Matthews
    9) Defensive player with the best chance to become a HOF: clowney
    10) Name the players you think will become HOF from this class within the next 50 years: clowney, Matthews, mike Evans, Xavier sua filo

vCash
    Team Awards:

1) The team that will have the most immediate impact from the draft picks: Rams
    - There Defense just went from very good to elite
    2) The team that will benefit the most in the long term from the draft picks: Vikings
    - Got hands down the best QB in the draft as well as an elite upside pass rusher. Can't beat it
    3) The team that will get over the hump with the draft picks: St. Louis
    - If Bradford stays healthy, I can see them being every bit the contender as SF and SEA
    4) The team you thought did the best with what they had: Oakland
    - Had a top 5 draft class while missing a 5th and a 6th. Got steals with Mack and Carr.
    5) The team you thought had the best opportunity to succeed and did not: Cleveland
    - After their first trade down I figured they were a lock for the top class. They flatlined instead.
    6) The team you thought needed to make a big move and did/didn't and benefitted from it (Ex ATL needing to trade up for a impact player but staying and getting J Matthews, CLE trading up for Manziel): Dallas
    -I assumed they would take Manziel to rally the fans. They made the smart football decision with Martin instead.
    7) The team you thought needed to make a big move and did/did not and did not benefit from it: Baltimore
    -I felt their draft was too safe and they needed something big to get back to where they were
    8) Team that improved the offense the most: Jags
    -Totally revamped their offense. I will be interested in watching them next year
    9) Team that improved the defense the most: St. Louis
    -Self explanatory
    10) Team that improved the special teams the most: I won't even try to guess

Player Awards:

1) The player that in is in the best position to succeed: Clowney
    -If he fails opposite Watt then he has no excuses
    2) The player that may be in a difficult position: Manziel
    - This isn't a knock on CLE, would have been in a tough spot anywhere due to the hype
    3) Player that will win DROTY: Khalil Mack
    -A work horse that just has to sit back and rush the passer, easy transition
    4) Player that will win OROTY: Mike Evans
    -Should be made a very integral part of Tampa offense from day 1
    5) Player that will help elevate the teams defense the most in the future: Khalil Mack
    - Gives a face to the Oakland D that was desperately needed
    6) Player that will help elevate the teams offense the most in the future: Teddy Bridgewater
    - He will be a future HOF QB one day
    7) Player that will make the biggest impact of special teams in the future: No idea again
    8) Offensive player with the best chance to become a HOF: Teddy Bridgewater
    - He will be the next big thing
    9) Defensive player with the best chance to become a HOF: Clowney
    - Most talented player in the draft went to an amazing situation
    10) Name the players you think will become HOF from this class within the next 50 years: Eh... Clowney and Bridgewater are the only two I'm really confident with at this point.

The PSD's Official Steve Nash Support Crew, Members: R4L

vCash
    My draft sucked.

vCash
    Team Awards:

1) The team that will have the most immediate impact from the draft picks:

Steelers. 2 defensive starters and 2 complementary offensive players that will do something from week one.

2) The team that will benefit the most in the long term from the draft picks:

Jags. Bortles, Lee, Robinson is gonna be a sexy offense.

3) The team that will get over the hump with the draft picks:

I know lots of people are gonna huff and puff over this one, but the Bills.

4) The team you thought did the best with what they had:

Seahawks. Got tons of depth and re-acquired lost picks.

5) The team you thought had the best opportunity to succeed and did not:

Cleveland. Dropping, good. Taking a CB, bad. Taking Manziel, bad. Not taking a tingle WR knowing #1 and #2 are not week one locks.

6) The team you thought needed to make a big move and did/didn't and benefitted from it (Ex ATL needing to trade up for a impact player but staying and getting J Matthews, CLE trading up for Manziel):

Bears. I'm not a fuller fan, but he's a good fit there. Thought they should have moved up for Donald though.

7) The team you thought needed to make a big move and did/did not and did not benefit from it:

San Fran. I think they needed to get up there and find a way to get Watkins/Evans.

8) Team that improved the offense the most:

Jacksonville.

9) Team that improved the defense the most:

Steelers. Old and slow my ***.

10) Team that improved the special teams the most:

No clue. Honesty there.

Player Awards:

1) The player that in is in the best position to succeed:

I'm not gonna go obvious here. So I'll slide down a little and say Fuller. No need to start ASAP. Can learn from Jennings and Tillman.

2) The player that may be in a difficult position:

Garoppolo. Backing up Tom Brady is like being VP. Nerve racking to do that.

3) Player that will win DROTY:

Ryan Shazier. DEs and ILBs win it most often. I got a feeling Shazier ends with 100+ tackles, 4 FF, 5 INTs with 1 for a YD and 6 sacks.

4) Player that will win OROTY:

Watkins. Throw dem Screenz.

5) Player that will help elevate the teams defense the most in the future:

Mack.

6) Player that will help elevate the teams offense the most in the future:

Bortles/Lee/Robinson.

7) Player that will make the biggest impact of special teams in the future:

Dri Archer if. IF. He can field punts.

8) Offensive player with the best chance to become a HOF:

Jake Matthews

9) Defensive player with the best chance to become a HOF:

Clowney.

10) Name the players you think will become HOF from this class within the next 50 years:

Matthews, Robinson (OT variety), Odell Beckham Jr.
    Coulson Lives

vCash
    I actually really liked CLE draft. The Gilbert pick was a awesome pick because now they have a complete defense. I think Manziel can be successful if CLE doesn't screw this up. Run the ball and play good defense like SEA and they could seriously improve. SEA showed that you don't need a #1 WR. So I could still see them making the playoffs or coming close. West and Tate will be a really good combo

3rd Trai Turner OG LSU

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by seahawks509 View Post
    I actually really liked CLE draft. The Gilbert pick was a awesome pick because now they have a complete defense. I think Manziel can be successful if CLE doesn't screw this up. Run the ball and play good defense like SEA and they could seriously improve. SEA showed that you don't need a #1 WR. So I could still see them making the playoffs or coming close. West and Tate will be a really good combo
    I felt like a few other needs should have been filled. Seemed like a luxury pick IMO.
    Coulson Lives

vCash
    San Fran got most out of draft with what they had, hands down. They were picking from the 30th position and still managed to get one of the top overall marks in the draft from most analysts. Plus they got Gabbert for a sixth round pick before the draft began, and Stevie Johnson for a fourth round pick next year, which they promptly replaced by manipulating draft picks and dropping just one spot. Came out with the consensus top nickle back in Jimmie Ward, consensus top RB in Hyde, consensus top C in Marcus Martin, top slot receiver in Bruce Ellington, plus a few injury redshirt prospects to store for later, led by Brandon Thomas.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dog View Post
    San Fran got most out of draft with what they had, hands down. They were picking from the 30th position and still managed to get one of the top overall marks in the draft from most analysts. Plus they got Gabbert for a sixth round pick before the draft began, and Stevie Johnson for a fourth round pick next year, which they promptly replaced by manipulating draft picks and dropping just one spot. Came out with the consensus top nickle back in Jimmie Ward, consensus top RB in Hyde, consensus top C in Marcus Martin, top slot receiver in Bruce Ellington, plus a few injury redshirt prospects to store for later, led by Brandon Thomas.
    everything intelligent you said was just eliminated by mentioning gabbert

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jags4Life View Post
    everything intelligent you said was just eliminated by mentioning gabbert
    Gabbert makes automatic f

The Future Jacksonville Jaguars Power Couple

#InCaldwellWeDon'tTrust

vCash
    Gabbert is better than that lump the Jags will have sitting on the bench this season sucking up $12 million or whatever they hand him for not playing this year. What a moronic waste of a premium draft pick. On a guy who runs a 5 second 40, has a Wonderlic score about half of Gabbert's and took two years to pass a 5-11, 180 pound WR on the quarterback depth chart. At freaking UCF. Do they have bleachers there, or do you stand along the fence with the other parents?

vCash
    Gabbert is better than that lump the Jags will have sitting on the bench this season sucking up $12 million or whatever they hand him for not playing this year. What a moronic waste of a premium draft pick. On a guy who runs a 5 second 40, has a Wonderlic score about half of Gabbert's and took two years to pass a 5-11, 180 pound WR on the quarterback depth chart. At freaking UCF. Do they have bleachers there, or do you stand along the fence with the other parents?
    I trust Caldwells eye on talent over yours everyday.

The Future Jacksonville Jaguars Power Couple

#InCaldwellWeDon'tTrust

vCash
    The Jaguars have a quarterback making $12 million???? Do they have one even making $5 million?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    The Jaguars have a quarterback making $12 million???? Do they have one even making $5 million?
    Third overall pick in the draft will get $12 million up front no questions asked. At least.

16. 05-26-2014, 10:10 AM
    Reason
    Baiting/Insults/Response to a deleted post - SFrush90

17. 05-26-2014, 02:54 PM
    Reason
    Baiting/Insults/Response to a deleted post - SFrush90

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast