Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Robert Mathis suspended 4 games for violating drug policy

#Colts announced: LB Robert Mathis suspended 4 games.
    Mathis will be required to serve a four game suspension under the League’s policy on prohibited substances.
    Adam Caplan.

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

vCash
    Schefter confirmed, this is rough for the colts.

vCash
    I bet it was for "Adderall"

vCash
    This is his statement:

ROBERT MATHIS STATEMENT: "It is difficult for me to address the circumstances surrounding this suspension because they involve very personal medical information, but it is very important to me that my fans, particularly young people, understand what did and did not occur. Like many families, my wife and I faced fertility challenges, and I sought medical assistance. I specifically asked the doctor if the medication he prescribed for me would present a problem for NFL drug testing, and unfortunately, he incorrectly told me that it would not. I made the mistake of not calling the NFL or NFLPA to double check before I took the medication at the end of last season. The union has worked very closely with me to present all of the facts and medical records for consideration of discipline that does not include a suspension because of the unique facts of my case, but the Commissioner refused the request. I am deeply saddened that this situation will prevent me from contributing to my team for four games, and I regret that I didn't cross check what my doctor told me before I took the medication. I hope that my fans will understand the unique circumstances involved here and continue to know that I am a man of integrity who would never intentionally circumvent the performance enhancing substance policy agreed to by the NFL and my union. The incredible blessing of this very upsetting situation is that, after I took the medication very briefly at the end of last season, we learned that my wife is expecting a baby. We are thrilled that we will be welcoming a new member in several months, but I apologize to my teammates, coaches and Colts fans that I will not be able to contribute to my team for the first four weeks of the 2014 season. I will work extremely hard during that time to stay in top football shape and will be prepared to contribute immediately upon my return."

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

vCash
    Ah you got it before me Ronin, but my thoughts: It's rather ridiculous that this is the reason for his suspension. Can't put football before starting a family.
    'Cause my life is dope, and I do dope shi*

vCash
    This is the (unfortunate) opportunity Bjoern Werner has been waiting for!
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash

robert mathis suspended for steroids

NFL suspended Robert Mathis four games for violating the league's policy on performance enhancing drugs.
    May 16 - 4:57 PM
    Source: Adam Caplan on Twitter

guess we know why those sack #'s went up

vCash
    It was so obvious that he was on them if you ever saw an interview.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.
    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Trill Team

vCash
    The full story is in the other thread. Sounds like he took them towards the end of last season.
    My 2014 Adopted Packer: Blow Job Raji

vCash
    Phew, not a Seahawk for once!
    Seattle Seahawks Seattle Mariners Los Angeles Clippers Anaheim Ducks

Tweet me @Spencerrw3
    Go Hawks

vCash
    ROBERT MATHIS STATEMENT: "It is difficult for me to address the circumstances surrounding this suspension because they involve very personal medical information, but it is very important to me that my fans, particularly young people, understand what did and did not occur. Like many families, my wife and I faced fertility challenges, and I sought medical assistance. I specifically asked the doctor if the medication he prescribed for me would present a problem for NFL drug testing, and unfortunately, he incorrectly told me that it would not. I made the mistake of not calling the NFL or NFLPA to double check before I took the medication at the end of last season. The union has worked very closely with me to present all of the facts and medical records for consideration of discipline that does not include a suspension because of the unique facts of my case, but the Commissioner refused the request. I am deeply saddened that this situation will prevent me from contributing to my team for four games, and I regret that I didn't cross check what my doctor told me before I took the medication. I hope that my fans will understand the unique circumstances involved here and continue to know that I am a man of integrity who would never intentionally circumvent the performance enhancing substance policy agreed to by the NFL and my union. The incredible blessing of this very upsetting situation is that, after I took the medication very briefly at the end of last season, we learned that my wife is expecting a baby. We are thrilled that we will be welcoming a new member in several months, but I apologize to my teammates, coaches and Colts fans that I will not be able to contribute to my team for the first four weeks of the 2014 season. I will work extremely hard during that time to stay in top football shape and will be prepared to contribute immediately upon my return."
    https://www.facebook.com/AdamSchefte...54847134567930

Well at least he used a better excuse than Adderall lol.

vCash
    I never inhaled lol, seriously come on man you should know by now even if the story is true it is his own fault for not double checking.
    Last edited by Game_Over; 05-16-2014 at 05:34 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants1213 View Post
    This is the (unfortunate) opportunity Bjoern Werner has been waiting for!
    lol!

vCash
    Kinda feel bad for him having his business all over the news though ...still he messed up so he shouldn't get any different treatment

vCash
    Roger Goddell:
    QBs love him
    immotile sperm hates him
    RAIDERS. ARE. BACK.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast