Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Rex Ryan interview on Mike Francesa 5/15

Great interview yesterday between Rex and Mike Francesa. Right off the bat, I could tell a difference in Mike's attitude towards Rex whether he was told to do that under Fox management or whether he's loosening up a bit on good old Rex.

To the point however, Rex spoke about whether he has less power under Idzik than with Tanny. He said something really interesting. It was that in his opinion all team announcements and everything Jets was reported by Rex and nobody else. He was, in effect, the voice and spokesperson for the team which made it seem like he was making all the decisions. Of course, in reality, he never made all decisions. Under Idzik, he claims to have the same amount of power, it's just that there is a different policy on when Rex speaks to the press and what he says. I believe him. He's a bad liar thankfully.

Rex openly says that his primary focus will be on the defense and he appreciates having that luxury. The Jets are certainly a team with a unique chain of management and responsibility. I like it. Rex IS the head coach and he will contribute to all things Jets football, but time allocation will be primarily on defense, M-weg on offense and above it all, Idzik will maintain order from the top.

Another topic was does Rex fully stand by Geno Smith? In other words, is Geno the starter unless the wheels fall off? Yes, Rex does stand by Geno but the best man will take the job. His final point on this is that he believes Geno will give Vick all he can handle in the competition and it wont be a landslide no matter who the winner. That could have a bad effect however....if they both play well, the loser will be a bit bitter as in his mind, he should have won the job. Now that part is my opinion. It's how it always goes down

Moving on, there was a discussion on the secondary. Rex believes, of course, that the secondary will be just fine. Now, that's his strongest point of coaching so I am sure it will be fine. My thought on this is that our secondary has to be better. Though there is a risk of an unproven CB position, they are bringing non diva types that put team first. Young bloods that will play hard and listen. One thing I noticed was that when Rex is asked about the secondary he usually mentions the linebackers. Interesting to me as it seems he looks at the linebackers as hybrid types. Part of the defensive front and part of the defensive secondary.

Rex made a great comment about the character of the team. He said that this team will have players of great talent, but equally as important...players of great character. This just confirms why they would not want to bring back Cromartie and Revis. Revis, although he is a model citizen, brings so much focus to himself with his endless hold outs and constant contract negotiations. We don't want guys like that and I'm fine with it.

So there it is. I thought it was a great interview and it just pumped me up further!!!!!!!!

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/201...outh_shut.html

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/201..._for_jets.html

http://www.newsday.com/sports/footba...y-us-1.8036846

Here is the podcast if you want to listen...should be 3rd one down

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/audio-on...e-francesa-1/#

Enjoy....when's preseason?????
    Last edited by Dem Phils!!!; 05-16-2014 at 04:41 PM.

vCash
    PHENOMENAL RECAP Phils! I dont watch him anymore due to his negativity but perhaps I will have to tune it. Then again - Moving the Chains with Pat Kirwan is at 3:00 daily...so unlikely :-)

A few points:
    EVERY Coach has a strength - albeit Offense or Defense. Few exceptions (ie Bill Belichik as he is highly involved in Offense; however, he graduated to that after years of being a Defensive genius).

Good Head Coaches identify a good Coordinator to run the other side.
    Sean Payton - Rob Ryan, Wade Phillips
    Gary Kubiar - Wade Phillips
    You get the point

Regarding Secondary - Not scared at all.

In 2009 - We had Revis, Lito Shepard, Dwight Lowery, Donald Stickland, Ahmad Carrol, Drew Coleman, Marqice Cole, Jim Leonhard, James Ihedbigo, and Eric Smith. Even though Revis was phenomal, we had weaknesses everywhere else. I will take this secondary over that secondary all day long. Yet we ended up best Defense in the league - and our DL and Linebackers were worse IMO as well.

Way back in the stands, you can see my Wife holding my son on the ledge at his first Green and White scrimmage...circa 2013...aka "The Transformation" year into greatness! That's right Emryk...you saw the beginning stages of JETS Greatness first hand!

vCash
    He should have never even had this interview!! All francesca does is poo on the jets alllll season long.. I find myself yelling at him and cursing him out because of the stupid stuff he says!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Realistik84 View Post
    PHENOMENAL RECAP Phils! I dont watch him anymore due to his negativity but perhaps I will have to tune it. Then again - Moving the Chains with Pat Kirwan is at 3:00 daily...so unlikely :-)

A few points:
    EVERY Coach has a strength - albeit Offense or Defense. Few exceptions (ie Bill Belichik as he is highly involved in Offense; however, he graduated to that after years of being a Defensive genius).

You get the point

In 2009 - We had Revis, Lito Shepard, Dwight Lowery, Donald Stickland, Ahmad Carrol, Drew Coleman, Marqice Cole, Jim Leonhard, James Ihedbigo, and Eric Smith. Even though Revis was phenomal, we had weaknesses everywhere else. I will take this secondary over that secondary all day long. Yet we ended up best Defense in the league - and our DL and Linebackers were worse IMO as well.
    We had Kerry Rhodes that year as well who was pretty phenomenal in his own right that season in coverage.
    Yankees - Jets - Rockets

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    vCash
    Great Shite, Phils!!

Rex sounds like he's part of something instead of fighting to be a part of it this year.

Many of us have commented on how this team is changing the culture of the locker room by getting guys who want to contribute and win as opposed to **** bags who want their payday. (It is possible for both but yourself first= **** bag. (Not really, I understand wanting to take care of yourself and family but in the spirit of how I want the team to be, yes doc bag move) )
    Even Willie senses the difference.

Our secondary will be just fine. I think better than fine. I think they will be good. People will ***** and moan about Revis and that we should have picked him up for cheap but **** him. Yes, he's great but he was **** bag number one from day one. Our speedy, midget WR will take him to the house after all, Revis hates covering small quick WRs.
    Our team will be good. I still don't see a ring this year but we are moving in that direction and getting younger and faster as we do.

REX RULES!!!

As Jets fans, we act like this Jet is either taking off to new heights or crashing to the ground. There is never a normal ride with some turbulence.

vCash

A few points:

You get the point

Nope. We had Jenkins at NT and he was unstoppable. He ate up more blockers than any other Jets player I have seen before or since. Shaun Ellis was up in years but still a great 3-4 de who could set the edge really well. Marques Douglas was not great at anyone thing but was never a liability, especially in the run game.

I'll also say that Bart Scott, at that time was a better player than Demario Davis. David Harris is perhaps worse than he was then, but that could just be a result of the way defenses are attacked now. Calvin Pace was a younger version of his-self and BT was decent, not as athletically gifted as Coples but played faster and more consistently as he knew his role.

I do believe however that this young front seven has an incredible future and will show great things. They are extremely talented and I am glad we have them.
    Last edited by Pattty Drips; 05-16-2014 at 09:01 PM.

vCash

A few points:

You get the point

You don't even find him funny when you're driving in the car? His arrogance cracks me up. It's like listening to a train wreck for me. I actually like the Fan. I lived in Chicago , Philly, and Denver when I was doing my grad and doctorate and if you think it's bad here it's way worse most other places

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyJerZ View Post
    You don't even find him funny when you're driving in the car? His arrogance cracks me up. It's like listening to a train wreck for me. I actually like the Fan. I lived in Chicago , Philly, and Denver when I was doing my grad and doctorate and if you think it's bad here it's way worse most other places
    From buffalo so I don't get him over here. Either way, usually,listening to SiriusXM NFL radio. Those guys know their stuff and teach a lot

Way back in the stands, you can see my Wife holding my son on the ledge at his first Green and White scrimmage...circa 2013...aka "The Transformation" year into greatness! That's right Emryk...you saw the beginning stages of JETS Greatness first hand!

vCash
    From buffalo so I don't get him over here. Either way, usually,listening to SiriusXM NFL radio. Those guys know their stuff and teach a lot
    But don't you get fed up with all the ads and the repetitiveness of the topics? I really liked Moving the Chains for the most part, but those non-stop commercials got to me a bit. It is just another bullshite aspect of the NFL. Money over quality, every time. We pay extra for that channel, it should be ad free.

vCash
    Thx guys. I thought it was relevant. It gave me a rare sense of clarity after listening to it. I understood what he was talking about and it all seemed logical and good.

I'm looking forward to facing New England this year. I want to know how much impact we can have on giving Revis problems by just knowing him for so many years. It's one thing for a team to see his tape, but it has to be more significant to actually have coached him, spoken to him, to know the finer details of how he thinks on the filed.

Not that we'll rip him apart, but we should be able to get yards with passes selectively thrown to his side of the field.

Anyway, I look forward to the next couple years. Sticking to a precise format of picking players and building game plans should remove the chaos factor we've been plagued with.

Here's a younger pic of Rex I had to post. It cracks me up to see pics of well known people when they were younger.....

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...1980s-haircuts

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nyyfan4life View Post
    We had Kerry Rhodes that year as well who was pretty phenomenal in his own right that season in coverage.
    Rex getting rid of him was one of the biggest mistakes in the Rex/Sanchez era. He was the perfect safety. I think Rex is a great motivator and he definitely can put players in the position to succeed, but his eye for talent is highly questionable. I don't think he has that ability.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattty Drips View Post
    But don't you get fed up with all the ads and the repetitiveness of the topics? I really liked Moving the Chains for the most part, but those non-stop commercials got to me a bit. It is just another bullshite aspect of the NFL. Money over quality, every time. We pay extra for that channel, it should be ad free.
    It should be ad free - Was just thinking about that the other day. Moving the Chains IMO is worth it though...huge fan of Pat Kirwan. Also listen to Late Hits with Gil Brandt alot and there doesnt seem to be as many commercials then...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dem Phils!!! View Post
    Thx guys. I thought it was relevant. It gave me a rare sense of clarity after listening to it. I understood what he was talking about and it all seemed logical and good.

I'm looking forward to facing New England this year. I want to know how much impact we can have on giving Revis problems by just knowing him for so many years. It's one thing for a team to see his tape, but it has to be more significant to actually have coached him, spoken to him, to know the finer details of how he thinks on the filed.

Not that we'll rip him apart, but we should be able to get yards with passes selectively thrown to his side of the field.

Anyway, I look forward to the next couple years. Sticking to a precise format of picking players and building game plans should remove the chaos factor we've been plagued with.

Here's a younger pic of Rex I had to post. It cracks me up to see pics of well known people when they were younger.....

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...1980s-haircuts
    That first picture is hysterical because Rex's mustache is so weak it looks like a hitler at first glance.

I want to see. Chad young, pancake revis and then run him over after catching a pass. All while we dismember the pats and watch mo and Sherman turn Brady into a wishbone all game long.

It finally feels like we are picking character players. I love it. But It's a bit unsettling to be so far away from the norm. Lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmagic87 View Post
    Rex getting rid of him was one of the biggest mistakes in the Rex/Sanchez era. He was the perfect safety. I think Rex is a great motivator and he definitely can put players in the position to succeed, but his eye for talent is highly questionable. I don't think he has that ability.
    I agree. Rhodes' might have been too "Hollywood" but the guy rarely missed tackles and never really missed any assignments in coverage.
    Yankees - Jets - Rockets

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nyyfan4life View Post
    I agree. Rhodes' might have been too "Hollywood" but the guy rarely missed tackles and never really missed any assignments in coverage.
    After the departure of Holmes, we really have no one "Hollywood" left on this team. I hope it stays that way. I would love a rough, blue collar kind of team that just stays quite, physically out works and kicks the shite out of the opponent.

I am so glad that Holmes and his stupid ball drop is gone. Down 20 and you get a first down, so you feel compelled to strike a pose. What a douche.

As Jets fans, we act like this Jet is either taking off to new heights or crashing to the ground. There is never a normal ride with some turbulence.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast