Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

What's going to happen with Andrew Susac?

He's been really good in the minors but there's not going to be any room for him on the ML roster. Are they going to include him in a deadline deal like they did with Tommy Joseph? Or will they eventually trade Sanchez to make him Posey's backup? Or move Posey to another position?

I'm intrigued by Susac as a player, but I feel that we're never going to see him play.
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    Hopefully trade Sanchez...
    Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    This is getting old. Enough is enough. Redskin Is not offensive and it will never change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    I want to start a website where people who say this video tape themselves going up to Native Americans and go "hey what's up redskin?" and then upload what happens.

I'll call it WhatsUpRedskin.com

You want to go first?
    I fully support this future site.

vCash
    I say try him out at third this season. If he's a passable fielder then we can save money by not signing Pablo and use that money somewhere else. If not, I don't think he'll move Posey out of the catcher's spot yet. I can't see them having a guy like Susac, if he continues hitting this way, just sitting on the bench either.
    Last edited by SFrush90; 05-16-2014 at 03:01 PM.

Ariana Grande

vCash
    What are his numbers?
    Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    This is getting old. Enough is enough. Redskin Is not offensive and it will never change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    I want to start a website where people who say this video tape themselves going up to Native Americans and go "hey what's up redskin?" and then upload what happens.

I'll call it WhatsUpRedskin.com

You want to go first?
    I fully support this future site.

vCash
    Trade everyone to create more playing time for Hector plz.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Greedy22 View Post
    What are his numbers?
    http://www.baseball-reference.com/mi...d=susac-001and
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    There's no way this organization will choose Sanchez over Susac. Susac is fine where he is and will likely be called up in September. I love the fact that we have someone like Susac in the organization. If only we had someone like him at that level in 2011, we might have had a chance to repeat. If the Giants get blown away by a trade proposal involving Susac, then they have to pull the trigger but I like him in AAA and see him at the MLB level next season.

Would you trust a blind scout? Of course you wouldn't but that's what you do when you simply go by stats
    Splifftone, OptiskeptSF and Ciaban have a lot in common

vCash
    Looks like this guy has the build and tools to make consistent strong contact in the majors. I would think you don't want the guy to wait til he's 25/26 to start getting experience in the big show.
    Maybe if Belt gets eaten by a lion he can get thrown into the mix at C/1st

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants1213 View Post
    Definitely dig that his OBP is consistently about 100 points higher than his average. Hasn't hit for a ton of power until this year though (and is no spring chicken).

vCash
    In order to keep Posey's knees healthy he is gonna have to play a different position than Catcher. Josh Willingham was 1st a Catcher before the Marlins converted him into OF.

Posey can probably be able to play passable defense in the OF/3B. He was SS before he was converted into a Catcher.

If Sandoval or Morse is not signed next year you can really think about that idea of putting Posey to 3B or LF. By this case you can than bring up Andrew Susac and have him and Sanchez split time at catcher. I really think Susac can be a good hitter and play the defense needed to stay there long term.

vCash
    Posey isn't going to be moved out of the catcher's spot for awhile.

Ariana Grande

vCash
    Might be pushing it to have Posey in the outfield. He's too slow to be in the outfield.

THE BEST DH IN SF GIANTS HISTORY!

2010 and 2012 World Series Champs !

vCash
    I think we will hold onto Susac unless we can get a controllable piece at the deadline that really puts us over the edge. Looks like he's played a little at first in the minors, maybe he is athletic enough to play left field? We should definitely give him a shot this season if he keeps up this performance at AAA though and see what he's got in the bigs.

vCash
    As much as Bochy loves Hector, there's no doubt in my mind that Susac will end up on this roster at some point. If and when Posey ever has to leave the catcher's position, he'll be a great long term fit. Hector will always be nothing more than a backup C that's a decent switch hitter off the bench.

vCash
    I've always viewed him as trade bait, TBH. If he can be packaged for an arm I'd be happy with that. We're in desperate need of some starters, and while we have some interesting arms here, we're going to have 3 spots needing to be filled in the next couple of years.

I think it's unlikely we'll have 3 guys in our farms ready and capable of filling those spots. I can see 1 or maybe 2 working out, but 3 is asking a lot.

Plus, I still have Posey, Belt and Pablo as my guys long term at C, 1b and 3b. So I don't see any room for him. We could keep him as Posey's backup, but if he could help bring back a starter that may be a better use of his value than having him be a bench player.

Or, the other option is you can let Pablo walk but then you have to shift either Posey or Susac to 3B. Not an entirely bad option, if you could use the savings to strengthen the pitching.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast