Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

2014 NBA Draft Thread

With the draft combine underway, reports have started to trickle in on who the Raps are interviewing. They pick 20th, 37th, and 59th right now. Here are some interesting tweets on some prospects:

Ryan Wolstat ‏@WolstatSun 19h
    Some of the players Raptors have or plan to interview: Stauskas, Ennis, McDermott, Payton, McDaniels, Kyle Anderson, Smart, possibly Hood
    Ryan Wolstat ‏@WolstatSun 2h
    Don't know Markel Brown, but just did a 43.5 inch vertical jump. Gerald Green-esque
    Chad Ford ‏@chadfordinsider 2h
    Nik Stauskas with a 35.5" max vert. Nick Johnson with a 41.5" max vert.
    Brent Blum ‏@brentblum 4h
    Melvin Ejim made 18 of 25 spot-up NBA 3's in the Combine yesterday, the highest total of anyone at Combine. Had a great day.
    Ryan Wolstat ‏@WolstatSun 1h
    Jordan Adams will interview with the Raptors today
    Stauskas had fun meeting with Raptors. Said he loves Masai, meeting was relaxed, good conversation
    Kentucky's James Young also had an interview with Raptors. Believe Michigan State's Gary Harris did as well. Dante Exum did not
    ESPN Stats & Info ‏@ESPNStatsInfo 1h
    Dante Exum's 3/4 court sprint time of 3.19 is better than Chris Paul (3.22), Steph Curry (3.28), Damian Lillard (3.34)
    ESPN Stats & Info ‏@ESPNStatsInfo 57m
    Marcus Smart's lane agility time of 10.82 is faster than John Wall (10.84), Russell Westbrook (10.98) and Chris Paul (11.09)
    Ryan Wolstat ‏@WolstatSun 14m
    Zach LaVine has impressed in Chicago. Rumoured to be moving up draft boards. Has interviewed with Raptors and 18 other teams, he says
    Chad Ford ‏@chadfordinsider 25m
    Aaron Gordon just jumped so high they had to raise the vertical jump apparatus.
    Matthew Scianitti ‏@TSNScianitti 24m
    Arizona's Aaron Gordon hits 39 inches on his vertical
    Ryan Wolstat ‏@WolstatSun 11m
    Aaron Gordon is a Blake Griffin/Shawn Marion hybrid type. Freak athlete.
    Finally,
    A Sig With Class.

vCash
    There's a lot of guys for the Raptors to choose at 20. I really like Zach Lavine but I wouldn't be surprised if he just shoots up the draft ratings. If we're looking for need over BPA, KJ McDaniels might be the best avaliable SF at that spot.

There are some hidden gems in the second round Glen Robinson III, Isaish Austin, James McAdoo. There's couple of Cancucks that could be solid pro players as well; Khem Birsch and Dwight Powell. I wouldn't be surprised if Masai eventually decides on the Greek Freak's lil brother with one of our second picks.

vCash
    ^Mitch McGary at pick 37 would be a steal imo.
    Finally,
    A Sig With Class.

vCash
    Smart is top 7 so wonder if Masai looking to maybe trade up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptor View Post
    There's a lot of guys for the Raptors to choose at 20. I really like Zach Lavine but I wouldn't be surprised if he just shoots up the draft ratings. If we're looking for need over BPA, KJ McDaniels might be the best avaliable SF at that spot.

There are some hidden gems in the second round Glen Robinson III, Isaish Austin, James McAdoo. There's couple of Cancucks that could be solid pro players as well; Khem Birsch and Dwight Powell. I wouldn't be surprised if Masai eventually decides on the Greek Freak's lil brother with one of our second picks.
    Thanasis is older than Giannis.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    Thanasis is older than Giannis.
    To that point

Jonathan Givony ‏@DraftExpress 4h
    Not sure if anyone has played harder than Thanasis Antetokounmpo the past two days. Made some super athletic plays defensively. Great motor.

Ryan Wolstat ‏@WolstatSun 3h
    Thanasis Antetokounmpo says no interview with Raptors. Kind of strange, Masai loved his brother and tried hard to get him last year
    Also
    Ryan Wolstat ‏@WolstatSun 4h
    Tennessee forward Jarnell Stokes, who only recently declared for the draft, worked out for the Raptors. Said he emulates David West.
    Has drawn some DeJuan Blair comps
    Finally,
    A Sig With Class.

vCash
    North Yorker,thanks dude.
    This helps a lot,don't have 2 go on other sites and check up on,everything is here.
    Keep updating,Thanks again.

P.S

Is interesting that that raptors will be interviewing Marcus Smart,his slotted in the top 6,LA Lakers.
    I wonder what Musai has up his sleeve.

Marcus Smart does remind me of Dwayne Wade,the early years

“The pleasure of rooting for Goliath is that you can expect to win. The pleasure of rooting for David is that, while you don’t know what to expect, you stand at least a chance of being inspired.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    Smart is top 7 so wonder if Masai looking to maybe trade up.
    I think that gives him more flexibility instead of putting all of his eggs in one basket with Lowry like Bryan did with Bosh. I kind of want Gordon though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Freakazoid View Post
    I think that gives him more flexibility instead of putting all of his eggs in one basket with Lowry like Bryan did with Bosh. I kind of want Gordon though.
    I used to like Gordon the best out of Gordon/Vonleh/Randle group but now I think I prefer Vonleh just as much if not more. He has the 2nd biggest hands ever measured in combine history, long, skilled, good rebounder, has range so he can play inside/outside. Seems like a good match to pair with Jonas down low.
    Last edited by North Yorker; 05-16-2014 at 07:53 PM.
    Finally,
    A Sig With Class.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by North Yorker View Post
    I used to like Gordon the best out of Gordon/Vonleh/Randle group but now I think I prefer Vonleh just as much if not more. He has the 2nd biggest hands ever measured in combine history, long, skilled, good rebounder, has range so he can play inside/outside. Seems like a good match to pair with Jonas down low.
    Wow his raw measurements are ridiculous. Haven't seen much of him but DX's description of him makes him sound like Ibaka.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Freakazoid View Post
    I would prefer Smart a lot more than Lowry. But Lowry would be easier to get than Smart. Lowry is a matter of dollars. Smart will cost us Derozan, Ross or Valanciunas.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by North Yorker View Post
    To that point

Also

Has drawn some DeJuan Blair comps
    He's a 2nd rounder so surprised why BC wouldn't look at interviewing him with his defensive abilities. I know he's been underwhelming in college but I want the Raptors to take a shot at McAdoo. He was a talented player coming into college. Either way, whoever Masai picks, I am fine with. His background is scouting so he knows what's up.

vCash
    I want Cleanthony at 20

vCash
    Marcus Smart reminds me of Deron Williams.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sadds The Gr8 View Post
    I want Cleanthony at 20
    Showed well at the combine, 40 inch vert with almost a 6'11" wngspan.

Have a feeling he'll go before our pick, but definitely one of the most NBA ready players that could help us at 20, along with Payne.

Hopefully the fact that he's 23 will turn off some teams.
    Finally,
    A Sig With Class.

Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast