Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who will win in a 7Game series?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Skaro

19 86.36%
  • Gondor

1 4.55%
  • GMs Vote

2 9.09%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

NBA All Time ReDraft (1) Skaro vs. (8) Gondor

Hello Everyone. Welcome to the NBA All-time redraft playoffs. These will be a battle between two made up teams from our host of GM’s in to see who reigns superiority over all of basketball. Please read the write-ups and vote for who you think would win in a 7 game series.

Skaro Depth Chart
    PG Gary Payton / Jo Jo White / Andre Miller
    SG Manu Ginobili / Raja Bell
    SF Kevin Durant / Mike Miller
    PF Willis Reed / Sam Perkins / Paul Millsap
    C Ben Wallace / Tyson Chandler

vs.

Gondor

pg: Derrick Rose / Kirk Hinrich/ Terrell Brandon
    sg: Dan Majerle / David Thompson
    sf: Lebron James / Paul George
    pf: Bob Mcadoo / Brad Miller / Bob Love
    C: Artis Gilmore / Joakim Noah

Skaro Has Home Court Advantage

*Neither side has submitted a write up

Future Titans Quarterback
    Marcus Mariota

vCash

NBA All Time ReDraft (1) Skaro vs. (8) Gondor

How did Gondor make the playoffs

vCash
    Skaro
    With the deepest of regrets I am announcing that I will be leaving Pro Sports Daily. No reason in particular but wanted to thank everyone for a great 6 years here. Lots of great discussion and good poll series as well. Also fun re-drafts. Best of luck to you all in the future.

vCash
    Difference between Azkaban and Gondor at the seven and eight seed is disturbing.

vCash
    Well, I didn't think this would get posted until this evening, but I had this written up to send in. Here it is anyway:

PG Gary Payton (38) / Jo Jo White (10) / Andre Miller
    SG Manu Ginobili (35) / Raja Bell (7) / Jo Jo White (6)
    SF Kevin Durant (40) / Raja Bell (8) / Mike Miller
    PF Willis Reed (36) / Sam Perkins (12) / Paul Millsap
    C Ben Wallace (40) / Tyson Chandler (8)

Offensive strategy
    Although we built our offense specifically around unselfish, clutch players, so much of what Skaro will do offensively will be based on Reed and Durant. Payton will look to run the pick and roll with both forwards and has three excellent alley oop companions in transition (a Payton specialty). Obviously the first option will be to get Durant open looks and run screens to get him space to penetrate to the rim. But should they double him, Manu and Payton are solid perimeter shooters and Reed has a deadly mid-range jumper. Not only will Payton abuse Rose on the dribble penetration, but Reed will have his way with McAdoo in the paint and on the perimeter. Gondor will be forced to switch Gilmore onto Reed, leaving wide open space for the dribble penetration of Payton, Manu and Durant. Bell and Miller can hit set 3-pointers off the bench, while Jo Jo will be the bench’s primary playmaker, Chandler can play a similar efficient role around the basket to Wallace and both Perkins and Millsap can play the versatile stretch 4.

Defensive strategy
    History has shown that Lebron James thrives with elite perimeter shooters, and the best Gondor could give him was Dan Majerle (35% career) and a center with no range outside of 5 feet. We’ll force them to beat us on the perimeter and play tight around the paint using the elite defensive talent at our disposal. Gilmore is one of the most efficient players in NBA history around the rim and both Lebron and Rose are deadly attacking the basket, so we need to protect the rim. Gilmore won’t get any easy points trying to back down Ben Wallace (4x DPOY), while Reed, one of the best defensive bigs of his generation, was athletic and tenacious enough to keep up with a versatile 4 like McAdoo. As for the wings and guards, we hope to keep Durant on Lebron, but if KD fails to keep Lebron from going off, we’ll switch Payton (the greatest defensive guard of all time, 1x DPOY) over to Lebron, put the feisty and annoying Ginobili on Rose and let Durant hover around the perimeter playing help defense while keeping Majerle honest from the 3-point line. Chandler and Bell provide some versatility defensively, as the defense won’t skip a beat with Chandler anchoring and Bell can come in to defend Lebron or stick to guarding Thompson, Gondor’s best bench scorer.

Why Skaro wins
    Aside from just being more talented, postseason experience goes a long way, and our guys have it. There’s not so much. Aside from Lebron, McAdoo is the only guy in their starting five with an NBA title, and he won his two as the fifth or sixth best guy on those Lakers teams. Four of our guys have been major contributors for title teams while the fifth (Durant) already has one Finals appearance and has shown a propensity for clutch postseason performances (8th in career postseason PER, postseason WS/48). Rose, Gilmore and Majerle combined for one NBA Finals appearance and zero combined rings. The floor spacing is also a bit of a mess and all of Lebron, Rose, McAdoo and Gilmore need the ball in their hands a lot offensively to be effective on that end of the floor. Rose was an especially poor choice at PG next to Lebron as his lack of perimeter shooting and need to dribble drive makes him redundant offensively. And, finally, the only real “advantage” Gondor has in this series is Lebron over Durant, but if we examine their head-to-head career numbers, how much of an advantage is that, really?

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...1&p2=duranke01

Skaro in 5

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebbs View Post
    Difference between Azkaban and Gondor at the seven and eight seed is disturbing.
    Yeah I know right? I still kinda think Azkaban got hosed, though I'm certainly glad they didn't end up as like a 5 seed or something
    Patriots Forum HOF Class of 2011

vCash
    Lebron + McAdoo + Gilmore is absolutely viscous on both ends, and Rose + Majerlie/Thompson is nothing to scoff at... are you kidding here? Are Gilmore + McAdoo that underrated?? Great size, great D, decent spacing (though, a weakness. Hinrich instead of a great floor spacer as a backup PG was a mistake), and almost everyone can score at an elite level in his rotation. They'd crush. Better question is how is SKaro a 1 seed if Gondor's an 8???

vCash
    Who should have over me?

vCash
    Gondor needs to only run an 8 man rotation with Thompson/PG/Noah, though.

vCash
    Don't have a write up ready but I'll be posting one in a little bit

vCash
    I'm not really sure what to think of Rose but either way, GP's best season is still better than Rose's (13.9 WS, 23.6 PER vs. 13.1 WS, 23.5 PER) and Rose has nothing else to fall back on so even if you wanted to look at Rose's MVP season as the sole measure of his play, he still falls short of GP. And of course Manu has a clear edge over Dan. I like McAdoo but Willis Reed again has a clear edge. And at C, I might be willing to give the edge to Gilmore cause Wallace is one-dimensional but it doesn't matter since Wallace can severely diminish Gilmore's output, which is important considering the advantages Skaro has literally everywhere else. And I definitely think Rose would struggle vs. the Glove's defense.

So this matchup clearly goes to Skaro, which is kind of unfortunate because given that Gondor has Lebron and Paul George, they match up GREAT with Skaro's #1 in Durant. But even if LBJ completely owns Durant (which I don't think that happens this year), Skaro still has advantages all over the place. And the one other advantage Gondor has isn't much of one since I could see Wallace shutting down Gilmore.

vCash
    Just a heads up, but I think 1-800-STFU may be going around and deliberately voting for the underdog in every series. I can't remember a vote where he didn't pick the lower seeded team. If that trend continues, I think we seriously need to consider whether that vote should continue to count. I haven't seen him post in a single thread yet, either.

vCash
    He does it in every game every time mbt
    3 time sim league Champion

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    Lebron + McAdoo + Gilmore is absolutely viscous on both ends, and Rose + Majerlie/Thompson is nothing to scoff at... are you kidding here? Are Gilmore + McAdoo that underrated?? Great size, great D, decent spacing (though, a weakness. Hinrich instead of a great floor spacer as a backup PG was a mistake), and almost everyone can score at an elite level in his rotation. They'd crush. Better question is how is SKaro a 1 seed if Gondor's an 8???
    I mean let's be honest, this matchup isn't that close when you look at the individual matchups for each position: GP > Rose (as I pointed out, even Rose's MVP season is worse than GP's best season and Rose has NO other seasons to fall back on while GP has a whole career of shutting down opposing players + pretty good offense himself), Manu >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Thunder Dan (that's not even close, Manu at his peak is comparable to Kobe from a per minute standpoint...), LBJ > Durant obviously (but I know you know the difference isn't that large as you're one of Durant's biggest supporters), Willis Reed > McAdoo (I really like McAdoo but Reed has some outstanding playoff performances to lean on and a few championships as the Co #1 and maybe I'm a bit biased here but it's closer than most people think, just like Reed's D better) and finally while Gilmore > Wallace (let's not forget what Wallace was able to do to a prime Shaq so what could he do in regards to Gilmore? I'd certainly think Gilmore has a tough time scoring in this series)

The advantages Skaro has are all over the place (well specifically Manu's roasting of Dan).
    Last edited by PatsSoxKnicks; 05-16-2014 at 03:01 PM.

vCash
    Manu's best seasons as a pro are the ones with him coming off the bench as the 6th man, so I'm surprised that Skaro went the route of starting him.

Ben Wallace and Tyson Chandler is absolutely dirty defensively, but I'm not so sure they would have great offensive production in the post. Willis Reed isn't bad, but he was never really a super effective scorer.

I think Skaro wins, but they don't dominate. I thought Gondor wasn't a bad team.... They might have tried a little too hard to get a vote from the younger generation with using Lebron, Drose, Noah and George.
    'Cause my life is dope, and I do dope shi*

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast