Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Cubs vs. Brewers (5/16 - 5/18)

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

vCash
    That tidbit on Wood...
    Alshon's Athletic Bloodlines Run Deep (AND CATCH EVERYTHING)

vCash
    Mike Olt currently has a BABIP of .167. Is he unlucky or is he always going to have a low BABIP in the majors?
    Cutlerized

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skaterdude View Post
    Mike Olt currently has a BABIP of .167. Is he unlucky or is he always going to have a low BABIP in the majors?
    He's probably set up to always have a low BABIP. BABIP doesn't take into account home runs, so he won't get credit for that. He's slow, so he's not going to beat out very much on the ground, which is usually a a big BABIP booster. He's never going to have a huge contact rate, and when he does, he just doesn't make "great" contact with it....unless he gets all.

But I think .167 is low. He's probably got enough in him to get a ~.220-.250ish BABIP down the road.
    #WhyNot?

People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

vCash
    It's darn near impossible to have a BABIP under .240 once SSS is overcome.

B-R tells me there have been 2,279 careers with >2000 PAs. 12 of 2,279 had BABIPs below .240.

Even .250 would be a very low floor.

vCash
    I don't understand why Ricky continues to put Lake in the 2 hole. Why is it so difficult to get that a guy with a 40% K rate hitting AHEAD of your 3/4 guys is a ****ing terrible idea

vCash

Cubs vs. Brewers (5/16 - 5/18)

Doesn't matter. Our lineup still stinks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chazm View Post
    Doesn't matter. Our lineup still stinks.
    It smells as good as the tittays in your avi.
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    He's probably set up to always have a low BABIP. BABIP doesn't take into account home runs, so he won't get credit for that. He's slow, so he's not going to beat out very much on the ground, which is usually a a big BABIP booster. He's never going to have a huge contact rate, and when he does, he just doesn't make "great" contact with it....unless he gets all.

But I think .167 is low. He's probably got enough in him to get a ~.220-.250ish BABIP down the road.
    You know, that blue is quite slimming on you.
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.

vCash
    It does too matter. Valbuena's OBP is .365. Yes the lineup is still bad but it's little better if you flip those 2

vCash
    I'm sure Braun will get a warm reception in his first trip back to Wrigley

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ReJo View Post
    I'm sure Braun will get a warm reception in his first trip back to Wrigley
    Good quality guy.

vCash
    it would be nice to see a series where both the pitching and hitting are going... seems like either the pitching is good and there is no run support or the hitting is good and the pitching tanks... when are the 2 outfielders suppose to be back from the DL?

vCash
    Braun out of lineup

vCash
    Welp.....that's game

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast