Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Atlanta Braves (22-17) @ St. Louis Cardinals (21-20) 5/16-5/18

@

Atlanta Braves @St. Louis Cardinals

Friday, 5/16 8:15 PM

Ervin Santana, RHP (4-0, 1.99 ERA/2.29 FIP/2.62 xFIP) vs Lance Lynn, RHP (4-2, 3.83 ERA/3.36 FIP/3.45 xFIP)

After getting a chance to rest a bruised right thumb that affected him in his previous two starts, Santana tossed seven scoreless against the Cubs on Saturday. He has allowed less than two runs in four of six starts.

For the fourth time in eight starts this season, Lynn allowed three or more runs in an inning his last time out. It cost him a three-run lead and the Cardinals a win. He is now winless in his last four games after winning his first four.
    Saturday, 5/17 2:15 PM

Aaron Harang, RHP (4-3, 2.98 ERA/2.55 FIP/3.44 xFIP) vs Shelby Miller, RHP (5-2, 3.22 ERA/5.90 FIP/4.92 xFIP)

Harang has continued to exceed the expectations that were present when he signed with the Braves on March 24. He allowed nine earned runs against the Marlins on April 30. But he's produced a 1.44 ERA in his other six starts.

Miller has not made a dominant start this season. Walks (27 in 44 2/3 innings) continue to be a large problem, and he has yet to pitch into the seventh inning. He gave up two runs in five innings in a start at Atlanta on May 5.

Sunday, 5/18 2:15 PM

Gavin Floyd, RHP (0-1, 2.70 ERA/2.58 FIP/2.29 xFIP) vs Jaime Garcia, LHP (0-0, 0.00 ERA/0.00 FIP/0.00 xFIP)

Floyd has shown impressive command during the two starts he has made since returning from Tommy John surgery. Two hits recorded on 0-2 pitches doomed him as he allowed three seventh-inning runs against the Giants on Monday.

Garcia will come off the disabled list to make his first start since May 17, 2013. He has recovered from shoulder surgery and pitched five innings in a Triple-A game Monday. He will be limited to a pitch count of about 90-95.

vCash
    Got to start winning series against good teams. That's the bottom line. Be a good idea to start right now Bravos..it ain't getting easier..

vCash
    I like our chances this time.

vCash
    Need to start somewhere. Why not here. Bats are coming around a bit so its time to start a series streak.

vCash
    2/3... bats are finally coming around and our pitching is solid.

Greg walker was quoted as saying, “I have never seen a team swing at this many non-competitive pitches”. He said opposing pitchers are for the most part pitching to us backwards. They’re starting as off with a lot of speed pitches in the strike zone and blowing us off with the heater out of the strike zone. He emphasized that our hitters need to be patient and not swing at every pitch out of the strike zone.

I’m glad he has finally noticed this, it only took few weeks. But how do you explain all the swings and misses on 91mph fastballs right down the middle.
    El Oso Blanco

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GoBraves View Post
    2/3... bats are finally coming around and our pitching is solid.

Greg walker was quoted as saying, “I have never seen a team swing at this many non-competitive pitches”. He said opposing pitchers are for the most part pitching to us backwards. They’re starting as off with a lot of speed pitches in the strike zone and blowing us off with the heater out of the strike zone. He emphasized that our hitters need to be patient and not swing at every pitch out of the strike zone.

I’m glad he has finally noticed this, it only took few weeks. But how do you explain all the swings and misses on 91mph fastballs right down the middle.
    Oh my goodness, what a ****in concept. Glad to hear something else besides the "we're just struggling..we're okay..it's early" bull **** like B.J Upton was later quoted saying...or the "we are just running into tough pitchers" ****. You want to be the best you have to beat the best. I want to see a coaching staff and team realize that and adjust accordingly.

vCash
    I guess one thing to explain the swing and misses at lollipop fastballs would be that they are guessing/looking for something else. Probably gearing up for that breaking ball/off-speed pitch but when they realize it..it's too late.

Found an interesting tidbit...we have the worst Z-Contact% (contact with pitches within the strikezone) in the league. That's right...teams like the Cubs/Pirates/Astros/Twins/Padres all are better at hitting actual strikes. So I guess it shouldn't be that much of a surprise that we are also the worst team in the league in Contact%.

Looking back at last year...we were the worst team in Z-Contact%. So this is a trend then? There's your problem folks...we just can't hit strikes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BRAVE KID View Post
    I guess one thing to explain the swing and misses at lollipop fastballs would be that they are guessing/looking for something else. Probably gearing up for that breaking ball/off-speed pitch but when they realize it..it's too late.

Found an interesting tidbit...we have the worst Z-Contact% (contact with pitches within the strikezone) in the league. That's right...teams like the Cubs/Pirates/Astros/Twins/Padres all are better at hitting actual strikes. So I guess it shouldn't be that much of a surprise that we are also the worst team in the league in Contact%.

Looking back at last year...we were the worst team in Z-Contact%. So this is a trend then? There's your problem folks...we just can't hit strikes.
    Very troubling trend, indeed. I would've never guessed we were that bad last year! I guess the way Uggla and BJ hit last year, its no surprise.

I could tell they were little patient at the plate the last two games. Specially EOB. Hopefully it will continue.
    El Oso Blanco

vCash
    I ****ing tired of those hit and runs from FREDO. STOP DOING you have a ****ing leader in K in majors and you keep doing, and after that freeman make a hit to right and for sure JH get 3 and gatis fly to RF give us the 1 run in the game. but not because ****ing hit and run from FREDO.

vCash
    AGAIN BJ CAN'T MOVE THE RUNNER, and next a hit from simmons , BJ can't even bunt the ****ing ball and again the pitch hit 8 and can't move the runners with horrible bunt and pastor hit with 2 outs and only we can scored 1 run, so we lose a chance in the 1 and now in the 2 , the game suppose the be 3-0 and is 1-0

vCash
    And BJ can't cash that ball my god, what a ****ing mistaken from FW

vCash
    That was a big double play, only to have wild pitch on the next batter. 2-2, we should have about 4 runs, but hey at least we got 2.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by baseballislife7 View Post
    That was a big double play, only to have wild pitch on the next batter. 2-2, we should have about 4 runs, but hey at least we got 2.
    YES poor defense and timing with the bat , no bunt even with the other pitching limp with his feet.

vCash
    Had leads twice in this one...and gave them up RIGHT after we got them. Offense showing some kinds of life...but pitching isn't getting shut down innings.

No shut down innings with an offense that is allergic in scoring runs...yea you got a problem.

Find a ****in way to win against good opponents, Bravos. How is this team giving off any confidence that we can actually win against good teams?

vCash
    David O'Brien ‏@ajcbraves 1h
    #Braves lineup:
    Heyward RF,
    JUpton LF,
    Freeman 1B,
    Gattis,
    Johnson 3B,
    BUpton CF,
    Simmons SS,
    Harang P,
    Pastornicky 2B
    ajc

Second verse..same as the first. If J-hey and J-up would just get going..the lineup would take care of itself.

Justin hasn't been hitting like he did last year at #2...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast