Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cp3

vCash

Cp3

okay so he's highly regarded as the best pg in the game but he has NEVER led a team past the second round. Why doesn't he get the blame like a player like Melo? Honestly I would be more confident in a player like rose or curry leading a team further in the playoffs than him. A healthy warriors led by curry would've knocked the cp3 clippers out of the playoffs. I just wanna see why does he always get a pass. Would you guys be more confident in a player like rose or curry leading your team further? I think if replace u paul with curry or rose on the clippers they're in the WCF for sure.
    Last edited by momoneyyyy; 05-16-2014 at 02:35 AM.
    Props to weeman23

RaidersAthleticsWarriors
    [SIZE="6"][COLOR="DimGray"]

vCash
    Usually, high volume shooters looking to score will be criticized almost always moreso than a point guard distributor. It's just the way the basketball fan and media human brain works and interprets in seeing who they want to attack. Truth is, both should equally be criticized.

But at least Melo led the Nuggets to the 2009 WCF. So technically he's gotten out of the 2nd round at least once in his career. That's more than CP3 can claim.

vCash
    Why would u feel more confidence in rose or curry when one is injury prone and the other hasnt been past the 2nd round either.....?

I'm expecting cp3 bashing tomorrow so he won't be getting any "passes"

vCash
    Well it's not like CP3 has played bad during those stretches. He has posted very good career playoff numbers. He's had a couple years where he's been bad in the playoffs. But he's been good the last couple years in the playoffs.

vCash
    I mentioned this before in another thread when we had PSD vote for CP3 over Kobe (disrespectful). CP3 is individually the best PG in the league. The guy has every skill and no holes in his game. But even with all that talent I believe he's still limited in how far he can take a team because of his size. Also, seeing as how he is the ultimate ball dominating PG, his teams will only go as far as he can take them.

CP3 is great. He's just relied on way too much for his teams. The guy is responsible for almost every offensive play for the Clips and that's not how you win in the postseason. You a collective effort from everyone and schemes to attack defenses in other way besides a high pick and roll. Blake was great this series. I just wish we saw more of him in the post.

One note, Russell Westbrook this series was just bigger, stronger, more athletic, and faster than CP3 and that was a factor.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sadds The Gr8 View Post
    Why would u feel more confidence in rose or curry when one is injury prone and the other hasnt been past the 2nd round either.....?

I'm expecting cp3 bashing tomorrow so he won't be getting any "passes"
    Well paul has been in the league much longer. We saw curry take the spurs to 6 last year a team that was a shot away from being the champions. This year the warriors took the clippers to 7 and almost pulled out on the road while missing their best defensive presence all series and a big contributor in o'neal for game 7. a healthy rose has shown that he can lead a team to the conference finals unlike paul
    Props to weeman23

RaidersAthleticsWarriors

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by momoneyyyy View Post
    Well paul has been in the league much longer. We saw curry take the spurs to 6 last year a team that was a shot away from being the champions. This year the warriors took the clippers to 7 and almost pulled out on the road while missing their best defensive presence all series and a big contributor in o'neal for game 7. a healthy rose has shown that he can lead a team to the conference finals unlike paul
    I'd bet cp3 would easily get the clippers to the conf finals in the crappy east.

vCash
    if anyone leads the clippers its going to have to be griffin
    Props to weeman23

RaidersAthleticsWarriors

vCash
    Cuz arbitrary number of rounds won is arbitrary in a team game. CP3 lost, he played a good series but he was out done and failed to elevate his level of play like a true superstar. Its a dent in his career, no doubt, but I dont see this monumental failure (save for his pathetic display at the end of G5), if you want to boil an entire series down to that sequence of hilarious blunders, then I understand the extreme nature here. CP3 is no longer the clear cut best at his position, that much is certain, but why do we have to punish players for losing hard fought series? I understand the backlash when players perform miserably despite favorable situations, but these were 2 stacked squads colliding, no matter who lost, there would be someone pointing the finger at someone.

CP3 is relatively young, hes got a good squad around him, if the Sterling situation gets settled quickly, the team can and will move forward.

That or he bolts to the Lakers/NY

"It’s absolutely ludicrous” (to judge players based on whether they’ve won a title.)

vCash
    because flopping leads you nowhere, you have to be tough when you are a PG, see Payton, TP, etc

vCash
    PG's are just overrated in todays game. The past 4-5 years of nba champions have no great point guards...you need to have better front court more than anything...i wouldnt trade dirk for paul even...he is good...just what it takes to win a championship

vCash
    if CP3 never hurt his knee.....things could be different

vCash
    BTW, look at the teams Melo faced, look at his performance throughout the playoffs.

Why is Melo in this class?

"It’s absolutely ludicrous” (to judge players based on whether they’ve won a title.)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Cuz arbitrary number of rounds won is arbitrary in a team game. CP3 lost, he played a good series but he was out done and failed to elevate his level of play like a true superstar. Its a dent in his career, no doubt, but I dont see this monumental failure (save for his pathetic display at the end of G5), if you want to boil an entire series down to that sequence of hilarious blunders, then I understand the extreme nature here. CP3 is no longer the clear cut best at his position, that much is certain, but why do we have to punish players for losing hard fought series? I understand the backlash when players perform miserably despite favorable situations, but these were 2 stacked squads colliding, no matter who lost, there would be someone pointing the finger at someone.

CP3 is relatively young, hes got a good squad around him, if the Sterling situation gets settled quickly, the team can and will move forward.

That or he bolts to the Lakers/NY
    Well said.

This was just a hard fought series between two of the top teams in the league. The Thunder were just the better team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotone1401 View Post
    Blake was great this series. I just wish we saw more of him in the post.

One note, Russell Westbrook this series was just bigger, stronger, more athletic, and faster than CP3 and that was a factor.
    Did you not watch the series? Have you not read the recaps/articles detailing how the post game has evaporated because Ibaka defends Blake very well 1 on 1. Westbrook outplayed CP3 but the overall team defense had unacceptable lapses. CP3's defense was an asset this series tho.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast