Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Does it surprise you that the odds have played out in the playoffs?

There were a lot of series looking like possible upsets, but the Nos. 1 and 2 in the East and the West are duking it out in their respective conference finals.
    Does it surprise you, or is it expected?
    I'm a Blazers fan, but I expected the Spurs to win. I was surprised that Indiana came back. I don't know how one team can be so good and so bad in such quick succession.

vCash
    Mostly expected. That's pretty much what being the odds on favorite to win means.
    My Ignore list: Naps, bucketss, iknowhoops....

2014 Adopt a Packer
    Randall Cobb

Receptions: 54
    Yards: 779
    Tds: 10

vCash
    Expected, you swear there will be any upsets. We all know the NBA wants a Heat vs Thunder Finals and they will screw anyway possible to make it happen.

LAKERS
    PACKERS
    DODGERS
    FC BARCELONA
    USC TROJANS

vCash
    I think most expected things to work out this way. The Pacers were struggling but when a good team is struggling like that, a lot of the time playing a couple mediocre teams will help you get things back on track.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jerellh528 View Post
    Mostly expected. That's pretty much what being the odds on favorite to win means.
    "Greatest NBA Playoffs ever" really just amounts to more 7-game series' than usual. By the time they reach the conference finals, it's still the top seeds.

Which speaks to the point that the NBA playoffs are unnecessarily long and drawn out. I don't mind the favorites reaching the Finals or the Conference Finals, but the rest leading up to it is just a waste of time.

vCash
    The Pacers was the team I didn't think would make it to the conference finals prior to the play offs. I just didn't think they would get their act together in time.

During the play offs I really thought OKC was going out in the first round - at least until they suspended ZBo for game 7... series defining decision by the NBA and total BS in my view since they didn't even call ZBo for a foul during the game at the time.

I fully expected the Heat and Spurs to get through though the Spurs took a little longer to get out of the first round than I anticipated.

So yah, it was a little wierd this year.
    J.R. Smith: "They were pretty much scoring at will. Especially my guy. I don't know what the hell I was doing on defense."

Raymond Felton : "The play was give the ball to Melo."

vCash
    Not really. I picked the Rockets to be here, but aside from that, I had the other three. It was foolish of me to pick against SAS, obviously. I predicted OKC over Indy in the Finals. We'll see...
    I no longer care about anything here except for the Entertainment Forum, which sucks; the Music forum, which sucks; and the Magic forum, which does NOT suck.

Love y'all!

Except for all of y'all.

#FreePablo
    #FreeManRam
    #FreePablo

vCash
    I thought the Clippers were going to beat OKC and the Wizards would upset the Pacers... I know not to bet against the Spurs and Heat.
    People fear what they don't understand, hate what they can't conquer
    Guess its just a theory of man became a monster, atop of the world
    Never fallin', I'm as real as they come from day one, forever ballin'
    C'mon

vCash
    The 4 best teams left standing, not surprising. I did have the Clippers here initially but they are the CP3 led Clippers.. I won't make that mistake again!

Free As Seagull.

Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by numba1CHANGsta View Post
    Expected, you swear there will be any upsets. We all know the NBA wants a Heat vs Thunder Finals and they will screw anyway possible to make it happen.
    I think the NBA would prefer to have the Heat and Clippers to be honest. LA is a MUCH larger market, and their style of game is muchmore suited to flashy highlights.
    What the eye doesn't see and the mind doesn't know, doesn't exist.
    Follow me on Twitter and I'll follow back: @JasonJHorn

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonJohnHorn View Post
    I think the NBA would prefer to have the Heat and Clippers to be honest. LA is a MUCH larger market, and their style of game is muchmore suited to flashy highlights.
    KD is the media darling of the moment though, and frankly everyone is tired of Griffin-force Kia commercials. Plus this lets the NBA put Sterling in the background instead of having to talk about it every single night.

vCash
    Not really. I had Pacers v Thunder in the finals before the playoffs started (also before the pacers limped into the playoffs playing like dog****, so I'm not really feeling confident about the pick). Spurs v Miami is what everyone was picking at the time, and it's looking like that is probably going to be the finals matchup.